Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why is that rock bleeding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Zaphod42 posted:

Say it with me now,

"It was far too large to be called bookends. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron."

:golfclap:

Thinking about getting the omnibus volumes lately.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This means something though not sure what! Some cameos maybe?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1229041433270771712

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ETURNA posted:

:golfclap:

Thinking about getting the omnibus volumes lately.

I have the first one, and its amazing. Definitely the ideal way to read the series. But they are pretty expensive, so I haven't gotten the others just yet... but it'll be nice to have the set in that format at some point.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I can't really justify getting the omnibus volumes when I already have all 40 currently released volumes. The price honestly seems pretty reasonable since it works out to be only a little over the current full price per regular priced one. If I had gotten into Berserk way later, I would definitely consider it.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Whatever happened to that full sized body pillow shaped like Guts' sword? I want it.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I actually enjoyed the recent Berserk anime despite it's flaws and understand that that puts me in the idiot camp and accept these responsibilities

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sjs00 posted:

I actually enjoyed the recent Berserk anime despite it's flaws and understand that that puts me in the idiot camp and accept these responsibilities

Its real bad but its still the berserk story so especially as a fan it can be enjoyed

But its also painful how it looks.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Zaphod42 posted:

Its real bad but its still the berserk story so especially as a fan it can be enjoyed

But its also painful how it looks.

I really really don't agree. It looked just about as cellshaded as the Movie trilogy, because it was. But you're free to disagree and tell me how wrong it is to like something.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sjs00 posted:

I really really don't agree. It looked just about as cellshaded as the Movie trilogy, because it was. But you're free to disagree and tell me how wrong it is to like something.

The movie trilogy was a mix of CG and traditional, and while the CG looks kinda butt, all the traditional stuff looks fine to great.

Meanwhile the new anime is 100% CG and looks entirely like the kinda-assy parts of the movies.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The opening even teases how it could have looked if they used traditional animation.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A good 75 percent of the movies are classically animated, and that's not even getting into a comparison on how the CG is DIRECTED between the two.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah the movies use the camera well. The director of the 2016 series had no idea how to use a cg camera, I can only remember one good shot where it was used properly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 252 days!
i'm glad this topic has recovered from its own little ecplise

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Boy, I sure like Berserk. I also like eurojanky rear end early access games like say, Bannerlord. I wonder if there is some way to combine the two?

<BodyProperties version="4" age="30.53" weight="0.5" build="0.0411" key="0016A40E51000012038C4F3F0037EEF488F080BDF4730F0D89B6E06B8D00B00401F17614FF574435000000000000000000000000000000000000000035FC3002" />

Copy the entire line and the hit Crtl-V during the character creation menu to paste in this preset. You can also bring up the menu by hitting v on the map screen.

Sadly the none of the hairs really match correctly, but at least the scar across the nose is perfect.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Berserk resumes April 24th.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Harlock posted:

The quarantine finally got Miura to write!

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Harlock posted:

:woop:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Harlock posted:

Next: Griffith invents tax deductions

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
04/24/2020. Hope is restored.

Glad I searched before asking them to reopen the thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's the poo poo I needed for lockdown

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
God, can that be the thread title? Just a link to that image.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:agreed:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So did this also get delayed by corona?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

genericnick posted:

So did this also get delayed by corona?

Nope. The raws are here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Not Important posted:

Nope. The raws are here.

Wow I hate it

you end the friggin chapter THERE???

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
It would be silly if Casca's return concluded in three pages. I'm willing to share in some of Gut's patience, but if there's only one chapter a year I reserve the right to start swinging a sword.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That was a nice hit, see you all in 9 months.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Not Important posted:

Nope. The raws are here.

Bleach ended years ago, I thought :razz:

Thanks anyway.

...I'll draw a final chapter feel free to writes ideas. I'm being very moedere it's a happy surprise to have art complimented.

The true challenge is not writing goofy dialouge.

just bob fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 22, 2020

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So, while we're waiting, what's the thread's consensus that Guts will die at the end of Berserk?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh its hovering round an 80%

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Diabetic posted:

So, while we're waiting, what's the thread's consensus that Guts will die at the end of Berserk?

In my mind he'll either die, be condemned to a fate similar to the skeleton knight, or Miura will die and you, the reader, will never find out.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Is there still no translation yet? I cant find anything.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nvm.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Diabetic posted:

I’m betting on “turns into a wolf-thing like his inner-demon self”, personally

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
What about Griffith and Silat and those dudes who hang around Guts? I wanna draw em, too.

Murata gave major(and my favorite) supporting character Serpico a powerup where he doesn't have to draw anything but a face and a buncha squiggly lines, so I had to look up a reference.

just bob fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 23, 2020

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Translation is done (it was a doozy, let me tell you) and cleaning is probably done, but there's a lot of wobbly text to letter by hand.

EDIT: The magazine doesn't even hit store shelves in Japan until tomorrow, gosh!! Actually I guess it's past midnight there now, so

LordMune fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 23, 2020

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Did it list a date for the next issue or another hiatus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

LordMune posted:

Translation is done (it was a doozy, let me tell you) and cleaning is probably done, but there's a lot of wobbly text to letter by hand.

EDIT: The magazine doesn't even hit store shelves in Japan until tomorrow, gosh!! Actually I guess it's past midnight there now, so

Getting flashbacks of when people tweeted at Kubo about a Bleach chapter before the magazine even went on sale.