Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Torquemadras posted:

"Glad you're here, Skull Knight. The world has been transformed while you were gone"
"Really"
"Yeah, like, we encountered crazy tentacle monsters. No qlipoth, no apostles, no kushan magic. Just actual monsters. Crazy"
"Hmmm-hmmm"
"I just know Griffith did this somehow. But he shouldn't have the power to merge dimensions like that. How did he do it"
"Uhm"
"How"
"I think I gotta go"
"HOW"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not gonna like it's kinda great watching Skull Knight awkwardly bro around with Guts for a change instead of just vanishing after three words.

Anyway my guess is that after confronting his inner demons via the armor he's going to do something colossally stupid like try to abandon the rest of the party because "I'm just a burden to Casca living a normal life" and "GRIFITH".

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Gologle posted:

Causality

this but the aliens guy from the history channel

edit:

Pyrus Malus fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jul 24, 2020

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Every time I read some Berserk, it takes me days not to see the brand in the bluetooth symbol.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
That was a pretty good chapter! I guess it's pretty much confirmed that the Skull Knight is King Gaiseric.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

ETURNA posted:

That was a pretty good chapter! I guess it's pretty much confirmed that the Skull Knight is King Gaiseric.

Was it not canon already? Or at least very heavily implied?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It was always implicit but never overly so like now.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
IIRC there's a bit in Golden Age where the princess goes on about the ancient history of Midland and its heavily implied but not outright stated that Skully and Gaiseric are one and the same but aside from a few bits of trivia about the Gaiseric era I don't think there's been anything as blatant as this since then.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I also recall that it's never been spelled out before, just everyone who would know going "Hmm... well it sure looks like that one former king of that vanished kingdom, yessiree, mmhmm."

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Isn't Void, God Hand with the cape and exposed brain, implied to have been his right hand man.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I don't think that has ever been implied, but Void undoubtedly has a connection to King Gaiseric considering the branded skeletons below the Tower of Rebirth.

The only God Hand member whose history is explicitly known to us would be Femto.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 27, 2020

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

TheKirbs posted:

Isn't Void, God Hand with the cape and exposed brain, implied to have been his right hand man.

It's heavily implied that he was a heretical religious figure who so wanted to end the empire of Gaiseric that he became a member of the God Hand.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

TheKirbs posted:

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
And the symbol of the Holy See is pretty much just a Brand of Sacrifice:

It was even more obvious in the prototype manga:

The foreshadowing for how everything fits together has not exactly been subtle.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the brand also resembled the qliphoth

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i forget, is the last time guts saw skull knight back when griffith totally owned skull knight into accidently immanentizing the eschaton?

I believe the last time Guts saw Skull Knight was on the beach.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

OhFunny posted:

I believe the last time Guts saw Skull Knight was on the beach.

Guts says it in this chapter "A while back on that moonlit beach"

drat it's been a long time, guess it's time for a re-read!

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I rewatched Berserk 2016 after only seeing the episodes as they came out 4 years ago and... I don't remember it being this inoffensive, quality-wise? It was a while ago so maybe my memory is muddled but I remember being just fuckin appalled at the quality, but this seemed more or less fine aside from just generally being cgi.

Specifically I remember the big red blobs coming out of the tower of conviction looking stupid as hell and having big dumb dopey noses, but I didn't see any of that. Am I going crazy? Did they touch up the eps before they released em proper or something?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s possible, I’ve heard of that kind of thing happening before

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

You might have watched the version that had blu-ray fixes. I heard there was some. Personally I only remember one episode from the second cour that looked decent, like it could have come from Polygon or some other half decent cg anime studio.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
A "deaser" site (a typo so easy to make in Japanese I'm surprised I haven't seen it before)

https://www.younganimal.com/berserk/special/

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
"A New Beginning", wicked awesome!

Bet he's gonna reboot the entire story so he can redraw the earlier material better.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

"A New Beginning", wicked awesome!

Bet he's gonna reboot the entire story so he can redraw the earlier material better.

Lmao can you imagine how people would react to him rebooting Berserk?

e: It certainly looks like it's at least some sort of re-release.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I'm keeping my expectations in check and presuming a new anime season.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is Japan getting the hardbound collected editions like Dark Horse is putting out?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LordMune posted:

I'm keeping my expectations in check and presuming a new anime season.

Yeah I assume this means a new anime starting from the beginning.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Putting all my money on Berserk themed café

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
The Ubik Abides

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Oh no, not more Golden Age. :histdowns:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I would be fine with a retread of the golden age if they committed to adapting the stuff after it. A full run through from black swordsman to present material.

It seems as if there’s less and less adaptions of manga these days. Light novel adaptions are everywhere and old series like Shaman King are getting full reboots, but It seems as if manga takes a smaller share of the pile every season.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Golden Age remake in Live Action

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dagon posted:

Golden Age remake in 3-D Live Action

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dagon posted:

Golden Age remake in Live Action

I can't tell if this is a joke, or not.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The best would be if on October 9th Miura lets his assistants stop working on Duranki and illustrate more of the actual comic, with the announcement that because of this efficiency it will now be monthly.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Clearly a new Berserk pachinko machine

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I will only accept a new Berserk TV series if they reuse Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack from the 97 anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Good soup! posted:

I will only accept a new Berserk TV series if they reuse Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack from the 97 anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

Absolutely, completely agree

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Hirasawa made new music for the lovely anime. Surely he'd make new music for a new, actually good one.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I’d like more studio 4c films actually. They really got the look right by the third, so it would be cool to see how they’d make other parts of the story look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Unit24 posted:

Hirasawa made new music for the lovely anime. Surely he'd make new music for a new, actually good one.

How was the music for that anime?