Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

At an absolute loss for words

loving poo poo what the gently caress

How sudden was it, because if was known he was having health problems, it really makes me think back - didn't he bring on assistants some years ago to help out???

Hope I don't have to recontextualize that :smith:

God drat it, wonder what happens now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
An aortic dissection does have risk factors but it can happen suddenly and yeah, your main artery pumping blood into a tear to the point where the inner lining separates from the outer lining of your main artery is bad times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aortic tears can be extremely sudden, but its also possible he was having consistent heart problems and this was just what wound up happening. Impossible to say, really.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
uh oh

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Oh my God I'm heartbroken, I've been following this before the Dreamcast game here in the US. He was such a talent, hell, my Gmail account is a reference to Griffith. I really hope that he had family with him and he wasn't just found this way..

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Death comes for us all there's no point in obsessing over the particilars

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

God gently caress, I legit feel horrible now.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Rest in peace you beautiful genius ☹☹☹☹.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
gently caress

I don't know what else to say .

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Berserk is one of the best manga ever created, even unfinished.

What a loss. Such beautiful artwork. I'll miss him so much.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh nooooooooo :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I read Berserk a number of years ago now, during a fairly vulnerable part of my life, and I'm only now realizing how big of an impact it had on me. I don't even know what to say

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This loving sucks. gently caress.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

God I'm loving devastated.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

goodbye sweet prince :smith:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But Miura can't die... :negative:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Omfg noooo

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Man I wasn't ready for how hard this hits. RIP to a legend

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Ashtarath posted:

Man I wasn't ready for how hard this hits. RIP to a legend

It's building up in me the more I think about it.

gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You bear witness to the end of your journey.

It is not always a happy thing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

loving hell

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Jesus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess that explains why he started Studio Gaga

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This sucks. This really really loving sucks.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

loving hell.

This will take a long time to process. Berserk’s influence on me is hard to really articulate.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
What the gently caress. This decade loving sucks.

Edit: mods please hack adtrw to make this play in the background for 24 hours.
https://youtu.be/vZa0Yh6e7dw

PringleCreamEgg fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 20, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gonna cry tonight while listening to the anime soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAViNf9Z4Y

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I feel like a piece of my life is over.

temple fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 20, 2021

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I'm so sad about his passing, and I know it's purely selfish but I hope he had at least an outline of how he wanted Guts' story to end.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I felt no real allusion to ever experiencing a true ending for Berserk, but now it feels especially bittersweet to come to an abrupt end where we did, as Guts having accomplished his main goal of saving Casca's mind, while being unable to experience the catharsis we all hoped it would bring for him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The sadness really hasn't hit me yet. Just kinda numb. It was always a dumb joke "hurr Miura's gonna die before he finishes Berserk!" but in a "the pace is so slow it's gonna take him another 30 years to wrap it up" way, not a "drop dead out of nowhere at just 58." :smith:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

mabels big day posted:

I felt no real allusion to ever experiencing a true ending for Berserk, but now it feels especially bittersweet to come to an abrupt end where we did, as Guts having accomplished his main goal of saving Casca's mind, while being unable to experience the catharsis we all hoped it would bring for him.
Maybe its just rationalization, but Berserk ending that way still feels like a fitting ending to Berserk to me kind of.

Bad poo poo happens to you in life, you fight to make the best of it you can even if you don't get everything you wanted in the end.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drat that sucks, I wonder if he had any backup plans for the series in case something like this happened or if it’s just gone along with him.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

This is some genuinely sad news

Miura was talented artist

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I never really expected an ending, but I hope he didn’t die with any regrets about not finishing the series when he was so close. I’m really appreciative of what we have of Berserk.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I 1000% don’t want anyone else taking over the story, even if there is a rough outline. At least Guts reached a place of relative peace. I hope Miura is also at peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not getting a true ending sucks but I agree, I'm happy at leaving it here. We got Casca back in the end, that can be enough.