Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ahahahaha that goddamn face Schierke is making on page 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Guts kicks Griffith in the balls, walks away.

FIN

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Literally Kermit posted:

Berserk-themed cruise liner

(the cruise never ends)

Void in a Hawaiian shirt announces that it's time for everyone on the cruise to get in the conga line that just so happens to form the sacrifice brand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Founder of Japan, Nosferatu Zodd.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo can we get an entire series about the really skinny dude, he owns.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I really like how the old Godhand all look like ancient religious idols with Void's Cenobite-rear end standing out as the new generation.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

boutta smash cut to skullknight's black swordsman arc

Opens with him loving that Godhand with the twenty tits. This is never brought up again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Torquemadras posted:

"Wow, Skull Knight! So you had a love interest, too?"
"Yup"
"And a witch companion to pull you back from the Berserk Armor's influence?"
"True"
"And a comic relief kid sidekick?"
"Yeah"
"With a comic relief fairy?"
"...yeah"
"And there's this crazy chick following you with her secretly badass bodyguard?"
"..."
"..."
"This is getting weird"
"Okay, last one, did you have a creepy fanservice-y underage mermaid"

"...did you also have a Magnifico?"
"Who do you think Void is?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The rules for the Godhand being what they are, she probably isn't Slan because a Godhand is made every 216 years and this is clearly Void's ascension we're watching.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ancient Greek Theater Mask Guy was totally the Conrad of the old Godhand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So going by Griffith's "give me wings", Godhands (and possibly Apostles in general) have a say in what they look like after ascension. So I really want to know what exactly the skinny dude between Void and Boobs Galore asked for when he ascended.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ronnz posted:

"They called me dickface, let me prove them wrong!"

"Make me look like a Cenobite! Not a cool one, though. Like, one of the ones from a direct-to-video Hellraiser movie."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

If these bozo's ever get names then I hope they take after famous fantasy characters to contrast the modern-Godhand Sci-Fi references.

I hope they keep the "ominous names plus one regular-rear end name" pattern.

VOID
KULL
ELRIC
XENA
greg

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My headcanon is that the other Godhand rag on Conrad constantly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Void, you wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, Lenny, hey. Uh, see, I really appreciate all you've done in the Godhand, and you've done a great job. The 'literal stick person' look has had a good run and it brought in lots of Apostles. But, uh, well, I'm gonna have to...let you go."

"What? Why?"

"See, it's been 216 years, and we found a new hire. She's great, has a whole theme set out, really fits into the new 'Budget Hellraiser Sequel' look I want to cultivate from here on out. Even has a name based off a 60s sci-fi book. So. Yeah. Uh, talk to Emily, she'll give you your last check and slip to take to Unemployment. If you can have your desk packed up by Friday that'll be swell."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I don't know if learning what Void's body looks like makes him better or worse.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bobjr posted:

It would be kind of funny if all of the Godhand are near invincible and require specific circumstances to kill but one of them just goes down like a chump.

Conrad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Guts Group and the New Band of the Falcon put on competing productions of Oklahoma.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The last time Guts killed a kid the kid was a rape demon who turned other kids into rape demons.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

temple posted:

A lot of people forget that Farnese was possessed by a demon and Guts spared her. Her curse was lifted the next morning. Guts has killed people in the same situation, particularly a kid that he could have avoid getting cursed in the first place. Guts has killed as many people as Griffith. Guts's leaving the band led to Griffith's capture and the band's routing. If Guts had stayed it would have been happily ever after. People wank over the black swordsman arc but the whole arc was about his guilt and retribution/redemption was about him not being selfish anymore. Griffith never got an arc like that. I don't think Miura hates Griffith as much as fans do and he based the character on one of his personal friends. Don't be shocked if Griffith gets a redemptive narrative.
What in the goddamn.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why did Guts make Griffith hit him?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Griffith: Hey, Guts, Casca. Long time no see. Just dropping in to see if I feel any remorse about killing all our friends and raping you. Turns out I don't! Anyway, bye.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

temple posted:

Guts knew what would happen if he accept the ride from the old man and his daughter the night they were killed. He even warned them. His intent was pretty selfish and literally the whole blackswordsman arc is about Guts being the hugest rear end in a top hat humanly possible. I have to preface recommending this manga with "Guts starts an rear end in a top hat but there is a reason for it." My point isn't reposition Guts and Griffith but to say that Griffith is a victim to godhand in some of the same ways as everyone else. The godhand are the true villains. Morally, Guts and Griffith are equivalent in many ways. That's why I love this manga so much because its so nuanced and profound. Miura really gets the human spirit and when people reduce it good guys and bad guys, its cheapens it.

Griffith is such a victim of the Godhand they declared him their personal messiah and raised him to godhood and then gave him a kingdom dedicated to venerating him. Griffith is a member of the Godhand. He raped Casca out of spite towards Guts. He happily let the rest of the Falcons be slaughtered. He is a bad guy.

Only a complete lunatic would think that Guts and Griffith are anywhere near one another morally.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Griffith got an incredibly good deal compared to how it usually goes with characters being manipulated by dark gods.

They made him an eldritch Hellraiser god, gave him his kingdom where everyone loves and looks at him in return for just a little unleashing the legions of hell, and gave him a sick Batman costume.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Conrad's just happy Ubik is letting him help.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

Void IS the first of the God Hand

He's the first of the Godhand roster we meet during the Eclipse.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Godhand having an evolving roster makes sense in light of how the 216-year cycle is talked about as going on from time immemorial. Void is the eldest of the current Godhand (himself, Slan, Ubik, Conrad, Femto) but even he was the newbie in the Skull Knight's Godhand (Zeus, Theater Mask Man, SKINNY BRO, Boobs Galore).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Generally speaking, if you work for something literally called Evil, dress like direct-to-video cenobites, and oversee a process that has people sell their souls to Hell for a moments' power, you are kinda objectively on Team Evil.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We haven't had weird sex stuff since the trolls, right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Demon Fetus/Guilt Child is strong as gently caress, look at them carry the black armor around.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The rest of Berserk will be done as according to Miura's notes, which is to say in puppet show form.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

At minimum Guts should kick Griffith in the balls.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There is no free will there is only causality Idea of Evil take the wheel *closes eyes as my car plows through a retirement home*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Guts becomes the Black Swordman again but now he's the kind of Black Swordsman who goes around willingly helping people out and saving cats trapped in trees.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Turns out most if not all of the notes Miura left behind were just drawings of Casca (and in one case, Conrad) in various idol outfits.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"I swear to you, Miura told me that Magnifico was supposed to become incredibly sexy and have a six-pack."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mazed posted:

Rather, I'd prefer it if it were Casca who gave Griffith a beatdown, with Guts' angle being "if I tried to summon up the anger and hatred again, no matter how much you absolutely deserve it, I'd fall off the wagon and be just a raging animal, so I'mma let the cold, disciplined lady kick your rear end around."

Guts puts Griffith into a camel clutch so that Casca can just keep punching Griffith in the face.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bisse posted:

Looking forward to the next six chapters being HxH style napkin scribbles

There's going to be some hyperrealistic drawings of turkey dinners in Berserk's future.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Part of the final battle will involve giving the Idea of Evil a swirly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bisse posted:

Miura removed the chapter because he felt it was ”too early” for the reveal. So not that the concept is bad, it was just the wrong time for it. Tbh i agree and the eclipse is much better without that chapter. The only thing I miss is ”I want wings”, the most evil and selfish line ever written.

The most important impact of that line is making you realize that Conrad chose to look like that.