Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Unit24 posted:

Hirasawa made new music for the lovely anime. Surely he'd make new music for a new, actually good one.

How was the music for that anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The statue of any character is an odd choice, but I'll let it slide if they give Zodd a great pose.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

The kid and Griffith are two different entities who happen to share the same existence.

This was the genius of the last chapter, to me: the kid leaves Griffith vulnerable, but killing Griffith probably also kills the kid. Would Guts sacrifice the life of his own son to strike at his own worst enemy? That's already a painful premise, but then the knife twists: Griffith (and the God Hand) are up to no good, and even if Guts were to make peace with him on a personal level (he can't and won't, but if he could), he can't just ignore him either, lest the world as a whole get dragged down with him.

Guts needs to make a difficult choice in a circumstance where there's no choice to make. We're approaching peak suffering.

I always imagined that the magic folk will do some magic spell that would separate Griffith from Guts and Caska's child. Of course this would cause Griffith's true human form to be temporarily revealed in front of his soldiers/followers - the broken shell he was before he became Femto - before he returns to his Femto form. This causes chaos and discord in his kingdom as the perfect facade is forever destroyed. But we will see how the story progress from where it left off, hopefully.

edit: oops, didn't mean to snipe

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder how long the series will take to reach its conclusion. Are we looking at 2-3 years? More?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

At least this gives us a reason to move on and go to where Rickert is.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Are we sure that IOE still is a thing after all these years?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Maybe im just bad at reading the action here but i can't tell if Guts stopped his sword on his own in shock/some kind of influence or aura from Griffith, or if Griffith's body is so incredibly strong and unbreakable that the sword is essentially a pool noodle to him even making contact with his skin

I'm guessing he does not want to swing down and hit Casca in the process.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I had this weird idea that in order for Guts to be able to fight Griffith, Guts would need to go to Hell and kill all the souls trapped there, which would not only free them of their torment but also weaken the Godhand. And eventually I realized that I was sort of taking ideas from the video game Dante's Inferno.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I get the feeling that when Griffith returns to his kingdom, he'll leave Casca under the watch of Charlotte. Casca will attempt to escape, but the mere sight of the monsters roaming around guarding the castle will put her into panic attacks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Burkion posted:

What's going to be interesting to me is that she's branded and being brought to a kingdom of Apostles- even if the normal Apostles can restrain themselves by pain of Griffith, there's loads of spiritual nastiness that's going to be all over her now that she's unprotected.

I imagine night time in particular is going to be horrific.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I think one of his other works is the reason why a new Berserk thread was started, but the less said about that the better.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

We know he's not gonna kill her and will make sure nothing else does.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm not seeing it. Can you make up an example?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Zodd looks a little weird on the last page.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

OhFunny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opk_kqU1wX8&t=929s

This madman posted an hour long version where Guts passes many of the major, secondary, and minor characters. He loses his eye when his passes Femto and a patch of his hair turns white upon passing the helmet of the Berserker armor.

How big is this office?!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

New chapter out, can't post link at the moment

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I always figured that the moon child in Griffith wants to keep Caska, his mom, close and safe which is why Griffith going through all this.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Oof, poor Guts. Also, random attack in the middle of the ocean.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I could see Berserk working as a live action series.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

THE TIME HAS COME.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder how long it'll take to finish this tribute.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

When's the next chapter coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Griffith will never be satisfied with what he has. He could conquer the world and it would still not be enough.