Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bored As gently caress posted:

It truly is the worst loving year ever.

This all could have been avoided if Robert had picked another name for his podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

I’d like a goddamn episode on the weird Columbine groupies OR angry white men as a demographic. I mean...most of it can be boiled down to “we’re addicted to failing people at their most vulnerable”, but still.

Might I suggest something re. those who lionize Elliot Rodgers, now that there was the recent thing in Canada that was officially recognised as incel violence or something like that?

Or, unless it's too soul-crushing to bear, those who lionize Dylan Roof?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Samovar posted:

Might I suggest something re. those who lionize Elliot Rodgers, now that there was the recent thing in Canada that was officially recognised as incel violence or something like that?

Or, unless it's too soul-crushing to bear, those who lionize Dylan Roof?

Dyaln Roof himself might make a good episode, his full name is Dylan Storm Roof, and his mom named him after some soap opera character.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

BigDave posted:

Dyaln Roof himself might make a good episode, his full name is Dylan Storm Roof, and his mom named him after some soap opera character.

Robert has repeatedly said that the bastards he features have to be impressive in some way and there's absolutely nothing impressive about a pencil necked little poo poo picking up a gun and firing into a church hall full of unsuspecting people.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The first half of the Elon Musk episode is very good I’m excited to see how off the rails part two goes.

His childhood is way more hosed up than I really could’ve imagined and it’s clear Robert really feels bad for the kid.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Bust Rodd posted:

The first half of the Elon Musk episode is very good I’m excited to see how off the rails part two goes.

His childhood is way more hosed up than I really could’ve imagined and it’s clear Robert really feels bad for the kid.

It made me realize "ohhhh, people keep comparing Musk to Tony Stark because they're both gigantic assholes who don't feel empathy or human emotions because they're sociopaths!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

timp posted:

Robert has repeatedly said that the bastards he features have to be impressive in some way and there's absolutely nothing impressive about a pencil necked little poo poo picking up a gun and firing into a church hall full of unsuspecting people.

He made multiple episodes on Jacob Wohl.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

He made multiple episodes on Jacob Wohl.

Jacob “800 dogs in DC” Wohl

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jacob Wohl is worth covering because the guy is hilariously dumb.

teen witch posted:

Jacob “800 dogs in DC” Wohl

Jacob "Let me put a picture of Christoph loving Waltz in my fake company's LinkedIn employee listings" Wohl.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The problem with JWohl isn't JWohl, it's the weird black hole of literally zero consequences that JWohl exudes like a hosed up X-Men power. I literally cannot concieve of someone pulling the stunts Jacob has pulled and literally never being disciplined or facing any consequences whatsoever.

Like the punishment for scamming people on the stock market is... being told you can't do that anymore?

Accusing Mueller of Rape and bribing a woman to accuse him of rape gets you... nothing from anyone anywhere? Like even the FBI, where Mueller works, did anything about it?

Like Donald Trump i understand as being immune because he's the POTUS or whatever, but how is JWohl just so soaked in fish oil that nothing sticks to him?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Bust Rodd posted:

The problem with JWohl isn't JWohl, it's the weird black hole of literally zero consequences that JWohl exudes like a hosed up X-Men power. I literally cannot concieve of someone pulling the stunts Jacob has pulled and literally never being disciplined or facing any consequences whatsoever.

Like the punishment for scamming people on the stock market is... being told you can't do that anymore?

Accusing Mueller of Rape and bribing a woman to accuse him of rape gets you... nothing from anyone anywhere? Like even the FBI, where Mueller works, did anything about it?

Like Donald Trump i understand as being immune because he's the POTUS or whatever, but how is JWohl just so soaked in fish oil that nothing sticks to him?

I think it's because literally no one in power takes him seriously and just ignores him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BigDave posted:

I think it's because literally no one in power takes him seriously and just ignores him.

this. they view him as nut and low key grifter. i am just amused how a weird SA in joke rear end in a top hat exploded into sorta main stream.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wohl is like a Nathan for You skit that has become (marginally) self-aware.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Jacob Wohl is a mix of incredibly awful person whose stunts are so dumb they are worth marveling at. Roof's only real significant act was to shoot nine people to death in a church. He's a monster but really, I dunno, going into detail on him seems gross. Anders Breivik would be a better pick for a mass shooter.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
I imagine doing an episode on Breivik would be so emotionally draining. Even more than a normal episode. I feel like there'd be absolutely no levity to it at all, just a straight 90 minutes of horror and hatred.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 5, 2020

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Has he done a deep dive into Incels and their connections to Nazis? That would be a really interesting episode series (co-hosted by Sofya Alexandria)

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

Bored As gently caress posted:

I imagine doing an episode on Breivik would be so emotionally draining. Even more than a normal episode. I feel like there'd be absolutely no levity to it at all, just a straight 90 minutes of horror and hatred.

There should at least be a mention of his ties to the Oslo hip hop community while he was a graffiti writer

http://animalnewyork.com/2011/norwegian-terrorist-used-to-bomb-oslo-%e2%80%a6-with-graffiti/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

GunFondler42069 posted:

Jacob Wohl is a mix of incredibly awful person whose stunts are so dumb they are worth marveling at. Roof's only real significant act was to shoot nine people to death in a church. He's a monster but really, I dunno, going into detail on him seems gross. Anders Breivik would be a better pick for a mass shooter.

to be fair Wohl's partner these days is Jack Burkman, whose primary claim to fame other than leaving his fly down was his Seth Rich conspiracy theorist which led to him getting shot in the butt while running from a hotel parking garage while carrying a dog and a traffic cone fleeing a partner he double crossed. So it's like ineptitude squared

maybe Charles Whitman might be a better case especially given the focus on police militarization and how the UT tower killing is something that can be traced to that.

Though from what I remember Whitman had a brain tumor which could have been the cause so he might not actually be a true bastard.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

Has he done a deep dive into Incels and their connections to Nazis? That would be a really interesting episode series (co-hosted by Sofya Alexandria)

I cant remember if theres been an explicit episode, it gets touched on during the Jim Watkins episode with Frederick Brennan on the creation of 8chan/8kun

What with incels leading to wizardchan and then 8chan and how they've formed a basis for those alt right communities.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GunFondler42069 posted:

i feel like breivik and elliot rodger would be interesting topics if your gonna cover shooters. with wohl, he is basically trump if he was always a super maga type but also way way dumber.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Nah, most shooters are pretty dull in terms of backstories.

"RAAAHHH I HATE THE BLACKS/GAYS/WOMEN *BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*"

Harris and Klebold are only interesting because of the stupidity and how people emulate them for the wrong reason.

Honestly, you want a good Bastard, do a episode on Henry Ford, the union busting anti-Semite who was loved by Hitler.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigDave posted:

Nah, most shooters are pretty dull in terms of backstories.

"RAAAHHH I HATE THE BLACKS/GAYS/WOMEN *BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*"

Harris and Klebold are only interesting because of the stupidity and how people emulate them for the wrong reason.

Honestly, you want a good Bastard, do a episode on Henry Ford, the union busting anti-Semite who was loved by Hitler.

well its also harris wanted it to be a mass bombing. the bombs in the cafeteria were supposed to be the attack and than they would shoot the survivors and etc. bombs didnt work.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BigDave posted:

The more interesting part of the story about columbine is how totally the cops failed in the lead up to it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think the Unabomber would make a fascinating episode, as well as the idea of going postal. Those both have modern relevancies (technology and labor, respectively) and would be fairly entertaining

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

DC Murderverse posted:

I think the Unabomber would make a fascinating episode, as well as the idea of going postal. Those both have modern relevancies (technology and labor, respectively) and would be fairly entertaining

The Unabomber was the first terrorist I ever read about as a kid (read about him in my grandparents' Reader's Digest), and that probably did a lot to shape some of my interests as an adult, so I definitely would love to hear a BtB episode on ol' Ted.

And Robert, I hope you're doing okay. Try to take care of yourself while you're out there covering the protests.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean this sincerely when I say I’m glad you took the night off, if only because of how exhausting I’m sure this has all been. Portland’s been going through it!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well its also harris wanted it to be a mass bombing. the bombs in the cafeteria were supposed to be the attack and than they would shoot the survivors and etc. bombs didnt work.

Hence the stupidity

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bouboutyassine/status/1270287174840266752

Shame they didn't cut off the hands.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 9, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

add another awkward ad to the pile: I'm from Iowa and just got one attacking the woman running against Joni Ernst for senate

not Raytheon or the Koch Brothers, but close!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'm in Canada so I only ever get ads for other podcasts and sometimes I get no ad at all. it's Nice.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

neongrey posted:

I'm in Canada so I only ever get ads for other podcasts and sometimes I get no ad at all. it's Nice.

Same, some of the podcast ads though sound like woke lib parody poo poo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've got my fingers crossed that Robert is gonna head to the Seattle autonomous zone for some interviewin' before the police start trying to step on them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DC Murderverse posted:

add another awkward ad to the pile: I'm from Iowa and just got one attacking the woman running against Joni Ernst for senate

not Raytheon or the Koch Brothers, but close!

I got one on WYE for VITAS.com and I think 2020 could really do with less Shadowrun, not more.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

rotinaj posted:

I've got my fingers crossed that Robert is gonna head to the Seattle autonomous zone for some interviewin' before the police start trying to step on them

Good news!

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1270895381396643845?s=20

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Started listening to the Mad Mike Hoare episodes. The start of the first one on H. Rider Haggard, Allan Quatermain, Congo, and the Lost World genre leads me to shamelessly plug an article I wrote on that topic, based on a chapter I wrote for my dissertation:

https://contingentmagazine.org/2019/03/18/hunting-dinosaurs-africa/

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
The Congo movie was loving hysterical.

UGLY, UGLY GORILLA, GO AWAY

Edit: https://youtu.be/-GWGouymBxk

Tim Curry was just chewing the scenery the entire time. It's a pulpy B movie classic.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 12, 2020

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Chairman Capone posted:

Started listening to the Mad Mike Hoare episodes. The start of the first one on H. Rider Haggard, Allan Quatermain, Congo, and the Lost World genre leads me to shamelessly plug an article I wrote on that topic, based on a chapter I wrote for my dissertation:

https://contingentmagazine.org/2019/03/18/hunting-dinosaurs-africa/

this is a great article and I may steal parts of this shamelessly for an episode

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

GunFondler42069 posted:

this is a great article and I may steal parts of this shamelessly for an episode

Absolutely! Knock yourself out. It would be an honor.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

GunFondler42069 posted:

Robert if you include any references to the excellent movie Congo I'll poo poo my pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Robert as someone who has been at protesting the last two weeks at East Precinct and lives in the neighborhood thanks for using your platform to help counter all the insane conservative brigading of CHAZ with your platform.