Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chairman Capone posted:

Any hypothetical "Bastards of SA" episode could be lightened by mentioning some of the less bastardy and more merely assholery things the site is responsible for, like sending Pitbull to Alaska or getting Smash Mouth to eat two dozen eggs cooked by Guy Fieri.

More like getting a hapless nerd to eat one single egg while Smash Mouth pranced around the stage like a jackass

Smash mouth didn’t eat the eggs :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
someone is listening to robert

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

i've said this before, but my favorite thing about the sword missile is that it is simultaneously one of the dumbest things ever and also one of the single best ideas anyone in the defense industry has had in like 20 years

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I would simply deflect any bladed missile with my nun-chucks.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

If that thing comes for me and my eight swordsbros it’s going to be poo poo out of luck

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s giving me real Phantasm sphere vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QE3yE1QlwU (NWS-ish)

E: whelp that preview sort of shows it all now doesn’t it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I don’t understand what this does better than any other missile

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

it has blades, bust rodd

it has blades

ed: and lasers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Does it... fight other missiles?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

No explosion so it only rips the poo poo out of the target and its immediate entourage instead of the whole wedding/unlucky onlookers

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

with blades and lasers you can do anything your heart desires

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

It limits collateral damage. It's actually a really good invention, and it would've been great if we'd had it 20 years ago, because a lot of innocent people - men, women, children - would still be alive today if we had it then.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess “a missile that causes fewer civilian casualties” is an Ok start for a better world

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bored As gently caress posted:

It limits collateral damage. It's actually a really good invention, and it would've been great if we'd had it 20 years ago, because a lot of innocent people - men, women, children - would still be alive today if we had it then.

Does it at all work or does it just hit the ground and fill the air with shrapnel

Because if it actually works the way they claim, cool, though I personally would just flick the right control stick towards the incoming attack and parry it, then use my slow motion attack to cut it into pieces like a robosamurai

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yeah but weren't most targets also innocent?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So are there people out there who just by luck ended up standing between the blades while a hole gets punched into the ground next to them?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

it's a non-explosive kinetic payload

basically picture a road runner cartoon where wil. e coyote is shooting a loving rocket propelled anvil at himself from space that also has blades just in case

its basically just gonna kill whatever the gently caress it lands on instead of exploding and wiping out an entire wedding

rotinaj posted:

Does it at all work or does it just hit the ground and fill the air with shrapnel

Because if it actually works the way they claim, cool, though I personally would just flick the right control stick towards the incoming attack and parry it, then use my slow motion attack to cut it into pieces like a robosamurai

they just assassinated one of osama bin laden's son in laws who was an al-queda commander and this is supposedly the wreckage

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/1272604618682322945

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
good news: the us government can now kill people without collateral damage

bad news: if there's no collateral damage no one in the us will actually care

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A kindler, gentler machinegun hand.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Just finished the latest episode, and... whew. Lot of the episode was spent with my jaw open in disbelief and anger. Incredible job, Robert.

Also, as a fan of Headlong, it's nice to be familiar with some of your source material for once. If you haven't listened to Running With COPS yet, you need to, just to get an idea of how damaging COPS and Live PD were to the country and especially the communities they filmed in.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is there anyone Oprah pushed on her show that didn’t turn out to be a bastard?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

bobjr posted:

Funny how this is running at the same time Wondery started a show about James Arthur Ray and the people he killed at his sweat lodge.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bobjr posted:

You know, I don't think so!

Dr Phil, Dr Oz, John of God, that Indian guy who believes in perfect health, James Frey, the fake South Central LA gang banger, the fake Holocaust love story...

There's more but I can't remember them all.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yet, as Robert said, if she were to run, I would at least seriously consider voting for her over either candidate we have now, even knowing all of that. I would be terrified of who she would pick to be her HHS Secretary, though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m sorry but in general I really don’t think any Billionaire should be in charge of our country and Oprah is like kind of a cool person with an amazing back story but she’s also a cult leader with more media power than Rupert loving Murdoch, I’m sorry but I don’t trust her. Same poo poo with the Mark Cuban episode, no one has ever made a billion dollars by respecting the people who work for them.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m sorry but in general I really don’t think any Billionaire should be in charge of our country and Oprah is like kind of a cool person with an amazing back story but she’s also a cult leader with more media power than Rupert loving Murdoch, I’m sorry but I don’t trust her. Same poo poo with the Mark Cuban episode, no one has ever made a billion dollars by respecting the people who work for them.

Not for nothing, when Trump first ran for president in 2000 he said he wanted Oprah as his VP.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

i don't trust any of them, it's not a good thing to say "she might be less terrible than either of our existing options", it is- and was meant as- a horrifying indictment of where we are right now

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

it's a non-explosive kinetic payload

basically picture a road runner cartoon where wil. e coyote is shooting a loving rocket propelled anvil at himself from space that also has blades just in case

its basically just gonna kill whatever the gently caress it lands on instead of exploding and wiping out an entire wedding

they just assassinated one of osama bin laden's son in laws who was an al-queda commander and this is supposedly the wreckage

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/1272604618682322945

This is some seriously weird gijoe future we're living in.
How much does one of these things cost?

Also, working my way through behind the police and it feels like the US would be a better place if everybody had to listen to it.
It's very depressing, though.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Guys, better things are possible we hosed the police in Seattle!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm still near the start of the Bill Cooper episode, and was just absolutely floored by what I'm hearing. I had to pause it, and write this note.

Holy poo poo Robert,
Thank you so much for informing me of the link between authoritarian parenting / physical discipline, and children learning to lie. I was completely unaware of this, and it feels like you just handed me a key for a hidden door to a deeper layer of my own psyche. I'm suddenly able to see a wide range of new perspectives into my siblings, and my own behaviours. There is a shitload of stuff for me to unpack, but you have just helped me become less confused about it all.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Robert, I know you have no loving time for this thread right now, but I hope you’re safe given that poo poo that’s going on in Portland!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Nucleic Acids posted:

Robert, I know you have no loving time for this thread right now, but I hope you’re safe given that poo poo that’s going on in Portland!

Yea. Thanks for doing what you do man.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Same here, Robert. I've been sharing some of your tweets along with news about Portland on my social media to hopefully inform my friends and family about some of what's been going on over there. The more people who know the better

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Remind me again how any of this poo poo is legal? Unless a federal crime is being committed the feds can't intervene, and the last time I checked protesting stuff wasn't a violation of the federal code.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

Remind me again how any of this poo poo is legal? Unless a federal crime is being committed the feds can't intervene, and the last time I checked protesting stuff wasn't a violation of the federal code.

they've been graffiitting a federal courthouse

that's really about it

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

they've been graffiitting a federal courthouse

that's really about it

Isn't that a really obscure violation, like how we're not supposed to ogle the Statue of Liberty or pull our pants down in front of the Liberty Bell's crack?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

Isn't that a really obscure violation, like how we're not supposed to ogle the Statue of Liberty or pull our pants down in front of the Liberty Bell's crack?

nah, graffiti is at least a general nuisance violation in a lot of places so it's not exactly obscure

it's more a combination of fascistic petty spiteful overkill that I dont have a good term for

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

nah, graffiti is at least a general nuisance violation in a lot of places so it's not exactly obscure

it's more a combination of fascistic petty spiteful overkill that I dont have a good term for

So pulling your pants down in front of the Liberty Bell is not federally illegal?

Because I'm going to Philadelphia next year and I have plans.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

So pulling your pants down in front of the Liberty Bell is not federally illegal?

Because I'm going to Philadelphia next year and I have plans.

what are you even asking about at this point

graffiting is literally what DHS is using to defend this jackbooted response

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1283972378620506113?s=19

you loving asked what their justification was and guess what, this is loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Once in Philly I had this rich white friend who got issued a citation for Jaywalking while going for a morning jog in a quiet part of town. It was all he could talk about for the next 3 days. He kept saying “this is ILLEGAL” “I’m a LAWYER I know the LAW this is not how the LAW works!” and it was kinda bizarre to see this rich white adult who had thrown his entire career into the legal basket experience a cop just doing whatever for no reason and harassing someone who hadn’t done anything wrong.

My point is that for middle class white people, the idea that police might be corrupt or not perfectly following the rules as written seems like an anathema, so the idea that the govt would even print that list of graffiti offenses in the first place is a joke. They are the boss, there is no oversight, they can just do whatever because it’s no one’s job to stop them.