Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

mrfart posted:

No he has an active account. But I have no idea who it is, nor if he still posts a lot.

I thought he said in his last episode (The man trying to resurrect 8chan...) that he got banned? I also unironically love the Behind the Bastards podcast, even though some of the bastards make me physically ill. I'm surprised the Dutch and their history of bastardism haven't shown up yet. We're unironically pretty horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

mrfart posted:

yes, but I asked him on twitter and he bought a new account afterwards.

Oh apologies, I just thought I knew something but no...still dumb :D

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I would like an episode on Steve Bannon in Europe, though I have only come to BtB recently and might have missed an episode here or there dealing with Bannon. Failing that, an alt-right round up could be very interesting.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Maybe an episode about Chris Kyle? I mean there are still people who think he was nothing less than a hero when he was pretty obviously a psychopath who accidentally saved other soldiers while killing people.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I'm finding I really enjoy history podcasts. Robert also has a good 'radio voice' I think, some of his guests don't however.
I never really got into podcasts before, would anyone be willing to point me to a good 'repository' I guess of history based podcasts?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's a bit annoying that despite the extensive research Evans does he never looks up the pronunciations of people's names. And considering how often he covers bastards that aren't American that's kind of a problem.

Besides that it really is an excellent podcast though.

I agree, but it's also really American and somehow endearing. I am now starting the Kaiser Wilhelm episode, I've high expectations.

Also thanks to everyone for the recommendations, I've slept one hour since yesterday just been listening to podcasts @_@ This is gunna be a great weekend.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The only guest I really don't like for some reason is Jamie Loftus, which is weird because I like her writing...

Also shouldn't the thread title be some play on his openings? Like...What's threading...my posters!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I could not get through the start of the Falwell episode for some reason, just so much loud smacking eating and tangents that made no sense.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Hi Robert, love the podcast most of the time and wanted to ask if you're ever going to do an episode on the Dutch. It's mostly in jest I ask though as most of our fascism and bastardry would be super boring to read about for you. Geert Wilders is arguably our most interesting modern bastard and the only thing people know is he hates Muslim people and has a weird hairdo.

Anyway just wanted to say you're doing a good job :)

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Cockblocktopus posted:

Record the Kissinger episodes then bank them and release them all on the day he dies imo.

Kissinger is a lich, we'd first need to destroy his phylactery.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

GunFondler42069 posted:

For those of you who want me to do a Warhammer podcast, here is a 4 hour video of me explaining the background of Warhammer 40k to my disbelieving friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRomQkC-D_8

This is loving amazing. Especially your friends getting more and more bemusedly incredulous about the whole setting.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

Look I was literally just asking what it was about. If a bunch of BtB’s Palestinian fans start posting about the pod like this my first instinct is to listen to POC and not immediately spring to Robert’s aid like a White Knight, I know he’s a good guy with a definitive progressive slant, but one of the earliest lessons I personally learned about US politics is 99% of the time if you like a politician or public figure you should double check their views on Israel because they are probably a stan, I was probably just having flashbacks to that. It wouldn’t shock me if a gun rights advocate who openly comps to prepperhood was a Zionist.

Also one of them mentions is that in America the word Nazi gets thrown around a lot and everyone understands that connotation, no need for an explanation. A lot of Palestinians have that connotation with IDF members that we do not. If Robert was like “I interviewed a Nazi” even if he spent the entire back half of the episode making fun of them it would still be weird and potentially very uncomfortable for listeners, and it seems like some Palestinian listers felt similarly triggered.

Roberts a good guy and great journalist but he’s made mistakes and bad calls before, it’s ok, relax lol like I said I’m still gonna listen to it.

You say that but people kept explaining and you kept coming back to it. Like, I think you're a good poster and I understand the knee-jerk reaction but then you kept going back to and now all of a sudden other people have to relax? Also, isn't listening to something before you form an opinion about it usually...I don't know, the way you do it? Twitter can be pretty reactionary and in the moment.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

GunFondler42069 posted:

I wanted to let folks in this thread know a couple pieces of exciting news:

My novel is starting to roll out this week. We'll be dropping 3 chapters per week for the rest of the summer. Text of the chapters will be available online, and updated weekly in epub form as well. Eventually the entire book will be available free as an epub.

I'm also happy to announce that I've signed a publishing deal with AK press, and a hard copy of my novel will be available for sale sometime next year.

Congrats Robert. I hope you get enough money to buy a compound and all the ammo you want. That cult retirement plan looming ever closer to reality.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I'm sure there's also a writer who was determined to make the Necrons sexy and they're bloody robo skeletons.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

arnt there a bunch of weirdly really rapey table top or something. i remember vaguely hearing about some. like 40k is dark and violent but it mostly manages to steer clear of weird rapey stuff. like even slanesh is more about hedonism and extreme passions in general more then sex.

Mostly tabletop gets as rapey as players make it and luckily the ones that do are a definite minority. But you'll always know by the weird amount of care they took in making custom boobwindows for their all female spacemarine chapter.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I'm really glad this thread is open again but I'm also sad we haven't had a Billy Wayne Davis episode in yonks.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Please tell me Robert isn't an NFT stan :|

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

rotinaj posted:

No, he dunks on nfts and the ape yachts and they watch the ad for the bored ape cartoon and Katie’s mind is blown

He also brings up lowtax and how SA is fundamentally responsible for a lot of the internet, good and ill alike, thanks to poo poo like 4chan and the old SA pedophile website takedowns and such

Oh cool, I'm going to listen soon. I'm just so sick of hearing about NFTs and Bitcoin, sorry if I came off hostile.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

fatherboxx posted:

Cody always sounds extremely drunk and tired on WYE, from his reaction to that loving "cartoon" trailer I almost expected him to go berserk

To be fair, Cody is very good at sounding like he's drunk and or on the verge of going apeshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

teen witch posted:

Finally watching the live show and I’m weirdly geeking out? Sophie’s plant situation is beautiful and I’m jealous?? Prop is adorable? Robert is…in a robe?

He always did say his retirement plan is to lead a cult compound in the woods.