Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Chairman Capone posted:

Thompson and his game crusade is also interesting because on the one hand you can link it to a ton of far-right views that were emerging in the 90s especially in reaction to Clinton's election, but also because the impact he had on 90s Democrats trying to ride his coattails - it's not a coincidence the 2000 Democratic ticket were composed of the two most anti-game Democratic politicians. Plus he pioneered a lot of the claims that the gun industry them jumped on after Columbine to deflect blame onto culture. Thompson works as a good microcosm of the whole US 90s political scene with Democratic centrist triangulation and Republican deep-dive off the right.

Well heck, now I want a Know Your Enemy episode about him, too! They haven't talked much about the 90s, so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
"They Were Talking About This Openly, C'mon Guys" on the I Heart Radio App or wherever you get your podcasts.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
My SO was involved in the decision to dis-invite Baen Book's publisher as Editor Guest of Honor from this year's Worldcon for refusing to moderate the house forums that have been taken over by Nazis. SA has been our go-to example that moderation is possible on a forum platform.

Follow that story if you want to see renowned sci-fi authors make total asses of themselves!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Grand Fromage posted:

When you consider the consequences of the people he brainwormed and the politicians they put in office Rush is a contender for most destructive single person of the last 50 years.

I'd probably put Roger Ailes ahead of him, since got a head start packaging the Southern Strategy for Nixon, platformed Rush early on, and ultimately built the full-color 24/7 Nightmare Machine we all take for granted today.

Seriously, every time I learn something new about him, I go "well fuckin' of COURSE it was Ailes."

Rush is pretty loving close, though.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I know it's been mentioned, but is the Economist... aware of how their copy is getting read in the WYE ads? I'm not complaining, it makes me grin every time I hear it. Just surprised it hasn't been changed or pulled yet.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

xtal posted:

The real fault is with the australians for spelling it wrong.

Dave Anthony account spotted.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I just wish they'd learn how to use a mic and EQ, because I don't find trebly saliva noises particularly soothing.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Bust Rodd posted:

Also you have literally name dropped Cum Town multiple times on your own programs

Shhhhhuddup before you start another Politician Cum Derail. :stonklol:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Gin works really well with Snapple-style iced teas. What I'm saying is, you need you some Monster Rehab.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
As someone who didn't know how much they were being screwed until their coworkers started talking about unionizing... talk about your loving salaries.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
On WYE this week, Cody basically confirmed my theory that he records it back-to-back with his YouTube show, which explains at least some of that trademark Johnston Exhausted Exasperation.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Please tell me that was from a review for "Behind the Police."

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Oh, I know it's been a running joke for a bit now. Garrison's been doing it on their own with Robert only occasionally joining in on ICHH Daily.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Having to do the Weekly Megadose version of It Could Happen Here, and all the proper names are being bleeped out of the Products'n'Services (tm) segues. Was it like that during the daily episodes? Who finally complained?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
So it was Washington State Highway Patrol, gotcha.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

mrfart posted:

Is Sophie being on the run from the ATF a bit? Or is she legit in trouble?
I can't even tell anymore.

To my knowledge, ICHH Daily hasn't put an episode yet today... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

teen witch posted:

Everett False posted:

iHeartSophie got sick of all the food-throwing and separated them the way teachers won't let certain children sit next to each other.

This just makes me miss WYE, where Katie would try to keep the goons on-topic before finally giving in and joining the riffs on spider-web cum or whatever.

Those geeks...:allears: I can see why you'd want to keep Robert and Cody apart if you wanted to ever get anything done, though.