Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

It’s been hours since I’ve listened and I just can’t stop laughing about the guy making the trapdoor too small (maybe) on purpose so nazis hit their head. Sure it’s petty and possibly an accident but I want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Now that bloomberg's out it's a little irrelevant, but holy poo poo the bloomberg ep of worst year is such a cathartic hate-listen. I needed this.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

The first 15 minutes are one person dominating the conversation to whine about their Twitter interactions and talk about how Bernie bros are too angry while claiming to have voted for Bernie anyways and then talking over anyone who tries to add in

Are you sure you aren’t talking about the completely different Super Tuesday episode?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Finding the full context of the salon.com quote was brilliant.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

BigDave posted:

Anyone been listening to the Behind the Police series? I tried the first episode and just couldn't get into to it.

I'm current on it, and am shocked/appalled at the content. How clearly all the facts seem to point the same conclusion. How little of it I knew beforehand.

What is it that turned you off?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

BigDave posted:

Maybe it was just the slow burn by starting at the beginning of civilization and how ACAB for more then 2000 years, and repeating on that same theme non stop.

It's like that guy at college who has to constantly remind you that every part of American culture is connected to something violent and racist AND ITS STILL GOING ON but you just want to do your Calculus homework.

Try skipping the first two episodes which iirc are a broader history, like you said. #3 and #4 are specific to american police and the kkk.

Or if it's just overall the content isn't your bag, there's nothing wrong with waiting another week for the regular show to come back. Personally I was baffled at just how clear the link is, and like I said how much I hadn't known previously / how the guest kept repeatedly pointing out how much all of this is common knowledge among a lot PoC. I was glad to have it all spelled out, and am looking forward to #5 and #6.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm sure Dani Shapiro is a lovely person but my God, did I get sick of hearing her voice from the Family Secrets ad. Glad that seems to have subsided.

These just grated on me. "Have you or your family experienced a terrible personal tragedy? Let me exploit you while I pretend to express sympathy."

apatheticman posted:

Garrison is pretty good at the podcasts.

:hmmyes:

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Mr. Fix It posted:

yikes, get well soon robert. were they able to identify the guy with the baton?

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1297695250345943040

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1298269325300654080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

GunFondler42069 posted:

Paul is one of the best guests I've ever had and I cannot overemphasize what a thoroughly pleasant person he is to work with.

With all the negativity in the world, I love hearing about how people I'm already fan of are also nice people.