Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Robo Wizard can now rest in piece, his work done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
As good as the PSP version is, I'm glad to see the back of those lo-fi crunchy audio effects.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Yeah, uh... this level kinda stressed me out a little bit.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oof, That was a slog. Great Job though, I won't say you made it look easy. I think I remember the challenges from the original THPS3, I don't think any of them carried over.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The goals in Classic Mode are completely different from the ones in the original versions. The only things that carried over was, sometimes, the secret tapes were still in the same place.

Two videos left!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
While watching the footage, I knew you could probably do it in one go, but even then you cut it close with that final stat point.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I imagine if I wasn't also trying to include the stat points, I'd be able to do a lot more of these levels in a single run.

I still don't think the PSP levels were designed like that though, but I've never tried to see if I'm right or not. But if anyone else is up for the challenge, please do.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

One more video, and this playthrough is done! Will it be tomorrow? Will it be in three months? Who knows!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh hey, a shoutout! Anyway, I looked it up on google and I did see many images of interesting public art in los Angeles, but nothing entirely resembling the one they had in that level.
One thing I distinctly remember from the original level was that there was two skater NPCs having random back and forth arguments, for some reason both have been replaced by sailors. I kinda highlights just how bizarre the NPC selection is in this game.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Well, it certainly took long enough, but I finally finished THUG2.

Looking at the remaining games in the series, I initially thought I'd do an LP of American Wasteland, but I don't see that happening now. The game just doesn't seem like one I would have fun doing in this format. I will probably stream it instead at some point, along with Project 8 and Proving Ground. I just think those games will be a better experience for me to do in a more relaxed format.

And eventually, I'll get back to stressing myself out over THPS1+2 challenges. I have speedruns to do of the THPS2 levels, and score challenges for the THPS1 levels. So you can look forward to that.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It's strange how both the main modes ended with secret levels involving aliens. Anyway I'm glad to see that getting all of the gaps actually had some kind of pay-off, but holy crap that was a lot of work. Even without you describing each one it looked like it would have taken longer than the whole of classic mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Looking back on this game, it was a wonder I bothered caring for it as much as I did. The good parts of it are very good, but the rest is so awful that I wouldn't want to go back to it even if it was put in front of me. I'm real glad THPS1+2 exists even if Activision loves money too much and had to ruin a good thing.