Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I don't know, the only reason I remember it even existed is because even as a little kid I thought it was dumb as hell

Oh goddammit, I'LL do the work then.

Tim motherfucking Curry as the bad guy, drat!

Also Brad Garrett, Ian Ziering, Jim Belushi...weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just like, cats purring and random people doing stuff in the park in the spring and summer on analog film and mono sound. No known actors. No actors period. Cut up clips of man on the street interviews without hearing the questions.

milkingmycow fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 22, 2019

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Pulp Fiction but everyone is a Muppet except for Harvey Kitel.

https://youtu.be/mSvJwUFI_es

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The Clowner posted:

Yeah good luck adapting book of the new sun and having it not suck major rear end

Of course it would be a mess but I would watch it and also that's why I suggested Wizard Knight which I stand by saying could work really well in the right hands.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The Hobbit, but with a competent director and a studio that isn't run by leeches.

Edit: gently caress didn't even read the second post on this thread before I had my rant.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

bitterandtwisted posted:

It's not terrible or anything. Give it a look if it shows up on netflix, but don't expect to be wowed by it.

It's quite delightful, my favorite of the discworld adaptations.

I would like more discworld adoptions, but with the focus on the characters, not huge cgi budget realistic turtles.

No more ruining Philip k dick novels though, poo poo is not meant for film and fails horribly.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Literally A Person posted:

*me pitching my script to the MOVIE EXECUTIVES*

Well yeah sure we can change it from chicken noodle to split pea

Yeah, but how do you express that you used chicken stock as the liquid to make your hambone stock?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Giant_Pupils posted:

Have you seen this? Some dude spent god knows how long explaining the plot of Bloodborne.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit

The document is 107 pages long

I read it years ago, and I can tell you that after reading it, the game makes even less sense

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Stavros Halkias as The Judge

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

Film makers should look at our photoshop threads and realize that true love is putting goat man in everything they make.

A biopic about the goat man himself, spending years of hard work overcoming all obstacles to stretch his anus wider than had ever before been thought possible. A fine role model and a hero for our times.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Lies of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch
This book is full of spiders David Wong
Titanicus

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I want to see The Gates of Fire by Stephen Pressfield made into a movie.

300 is garbage and Pressfield even wrote the screenplay but it never got made. :colbert:

So now all we got in modern movies about Sparta is a fat dude with sword arms and other assorted mutants slamming against bare chested Greeks and the whole thing is just dreadfully slow and I hate it.

I also think the same author's Tides of War would make a great movie or two because Alcibiades had one hell of an insane life/career and it's awesome.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 23, 2019

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Diary by Chuck Palhnuik, but with the pacing balanced better.

Wanted by Mark Millar, but actually about the comics instead of whatever the gently caress that other movie was.

An animated series of The Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman

A competent conclusion to Robotech.

Also, what FAU said.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

There was also discussion in the MechWarrior thread about a BattleTech series, and I think that if you could get away from some of the dumber and more obscure lore it could be pretty cool.

Basically make it 5-10 seasons starting with the back end of the succession wars and ending after the clan invasion.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lil Peeler posted:

There was also discussion in the MechWarrior thread about a BattleTech series, and I think that if you could get away from some of the dumber and more obscure lore it could be pretty cool.

Basically make it 5-10 seasons starting with the back end of the succession wars and ending after the clan invasion.

Before the clan invasion. :colbert:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Last Unicorn but set in the modern era

Andy Serkis plays the magician, Gary Oldman plays the king, Jeff Bridges reprises his role

Charlize Theron plays the human version of the unicorn

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018
A pokemon horror/slasher/gore flick where the little monsters turn on their masters and slaughter them in creative and gory ways.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It's quite delightful, my favorite of the discworld adaptations.

I would like more discworld adoptions, but with the focus on the characters, not huge cgi budget realistic turtles.

No more ruining Philip k dick novels though, poo poo is not meant for film and fails horribly.

BBC Radio did two really great audio dramas of Guards! Guards! and Night Watch. They're really hard to find, or at least they were the last time I tried to find them.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Voltron
The Stanless Steel Rat
Xanth (Heavily edited)
Thundarr the Barbarian
Silverthorn
Batman
Gord the rogue

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
When they gonna make the tomb raider where you actually get to see her tiddie like with that cool cheat code???

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

World Trade Centre 2: Windows on the World.

Survivors ends up at Windows on the World restaurant and we watch the whole thing play out to the end from some new perspectives..
We know how it ends. They dont, not at first anyway. As realisation sets in, human nature does its thing in a bunch of riveting ways.
Cut intermittently to households around the world to watch victims of American imperialism take in the events. Cut to pyros jacking off once in a lifetime like. Cut to Bin Laden getting the confirmation and hi5ing the gently caress out of his buddies.
Turns out Dick Cheney keeled over after some quick maths came up with 8 figures.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

tardwrangler posted:

World Trade Centre 2

$hillary Clinton already did 9/11 #2 she killed a mod

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

BattleTech but I can't imagine it could fit into the hollywood blockbuster mold and still turn out any good

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Spider-Man, but mostly the old cartoon

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
All the onboard diagnostic sequences from all digital equipment, maybe 2 - 3 layers simultaneously. Full theater sound blasting the beeps and tones. 3d goggles for the color bars.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Wifi Toilet posted:

Probably Battletech but like a cool one with the transforming Robotech mechs. Actually, just make a live action Robotech without the anime garbage.

Definitely Robotech without the 'defeat the enemy with the power of jpop' parts and directed by the people that did the Battlestar Galactica reboot, only they don't get paid a dime if they gently caress up the whole series in the last 4 episodes like they did with BSG.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Funny thing is just like BSG most anime featuring cool space battles against an alien/robot antagonist inevitably turns into 'wait, what?' :psyduck:

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Lister posted:

BattleTech but I can't imagine it could fit into the hollywood blockbuster mold and still turn out any good

I think BattleTech would work fine, but I also think the clans are interesting enough to keep in whatever the series becomes.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I want the The Stars My Destination movie that's been brewing forever to get made just so I can get over crappy it'll be. I also wouldn't mind a movie based on Ian Mortimer's The Perfect King (a biography of Edward III), complete with and maybe mostly about the theory that Edward II had his death faked or had that scenario forced on him without Eddie Jr knowing about it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
A Hellboy movie that's like the comic, where he's not AWESOME MCPUNCHALOT, but an actual paranormal detective who stubbornly refuses to get dragged in to eschatological stuff, but can't avoid it. He turns up to a cabin in Scotland and they're like "oh you must be the detective, thank goodness you're here, my baby is being weird" and not "YOU LOOK DIFFERENT AND THIS IS AN ALLEGORY FOR RACISM!!!!"

Sparrownyx
Nov 24, 2019
The book Firestarter by Stephen King.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Carrion, same way as the game. It follows the creatures perspective throughout.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I just want another movie with a Basil Poledouris score.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

!Klams posted:

A Hellboy movie that's like the comic, where he's not AWESOME MCPUNCHALOT, but an actual paranormal detective who stubbornly refuses to get dragged in to eschatological stuff, but can't avoid it. He turns up to a cabin in Scotland and they're like "oh you must be the detective, thank goodness you're here, my baby is being weird" and not "YOU LOOK DIFFERENT AND THIS IS AN ALLEGORY FOR RACISM!!!!"

this please

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

Sparrownyx posted:

The book Firestarter by Stephen King.

They already made this movie starring Drew Barrymore as the firestarter and George C. Scott as the deranged native american who hunts her down.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lister posted:

The story of a plucky underdog pilot/team during the Solaris games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Former DILF posted:

Stavros Halkias as The Judge

Richard Brake as Toadvine.