Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

chitoryu12 posted:

I loved using cheats to get the tank because I figured out pretty quick that you could use the cannon as a boost. And then turn on the flying cars cheat :getin:

I remember doing that at least once as well.
Always prefered Vice City over the others. Last one I played was San Andreas and the writing and also the weird story/gameplay disconnects made me not really like it all that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

VC has always been my favourite of the early GTA games because of the previously aforementioned atmosphere around it.
It's also the point where Rockstars writing doesn't feel like it has started to crawl up its own rear end. There isn't that same overbearing brand of Rockstar humor that started showing up in the corners of San Andreas and then got more prevalent in later games.
The main character also fits in well with the game itself, unlike CJ in San Andreas who seems to have a split personality going on at times.

Not to mention the loving solid soundtrack.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah there is that as well.
I was more considering how vastly different gameplay CJ felt to cutscene CJ and whenever the former started swearing and taunting things just felt odd. It think it was one of the first times I had ever encountered gameplay dissonance, or at least the first time I felt I noticed it the most.
It just felt strange to do rampages with CJ because out of all the GTA characters he felt more like a normal person than a mafia hitman or a somesuch. I feel like CJ was written for the wrong kind of game, but more about that later I suppose.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beeeg Cojones!

Which one of those I still remember from this game.
Also I feel that modern Rockstar would've kept that introduction more or less unaltered.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I had no idea there was a Rockstar emote and yet I am not surprised.