Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
There's a bus depot not far from where the ball is being held. An alternate strategy is to take one of those and pick up every girl on the map in a single trip, and finish the mission with just one stop at the destination. I think that's the only time in the whole game the capacity of a bus can come into play, since you otherwise never even have more than 3 passengers to carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
That tailing mechanic can be skipped by driving a taxi to the club and parking right behind the one already waiting there. He'll get into yours instead and you can go to the docks at your own pace.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Congrats on finishing the first game of this LP! That ending to the final mission was definitely entertaining. Now that I've caught back up, I have some things to note for the last couple videos:
1. I'm pretty sure the mission where you save D-Ice's car temporarily makes all hostile gangs not attack you on sight.
2. The FBI Car actually is the only emergency vehicle that won't be refused service at Pay n' Spray. In Vice City this also goes for other law enforcement cars that look like civilian ones.
3. In Bait, it's a mission failure if the death squads are killed outside of the trap. It's apparently very important that the yakuza guys at least feel like they're contributing. I remember a much older LP of this where their AI was so incompetent one of their cars got driven into the water.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Since it wasn't mentioned in the video, Auntie Poulet was voiced by Miss Cleo, who ran a psychic phoneline with nearly omnipresent ads in the US during the late 90's. She claimed to be Jamaican but was in fact born in Los Angeles. Surprisingly enough, her hotline turned out to be a ripoff, and not long after Vice City's release it was brought down by lawsuits from the FCC and several states. Everybody joked about how she should have seen that coming then promptly forgot about her.

The "Streetwannabe's" are the largest and most diverse gang in the game. In addition to having two distinct groups in the city (the Sharks in the northeastern part, and the soldiers at the military base), it also encompasses all of the one-off gangs encountered during various missions.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I always found it both amusing and annoying that two of the three bank crew members require you to prove you're better at their jobs than they are. Also love everybody shouting out their real first names at each other in the bank. Cam can die during the heist without mission failure, and the dialogue at the end suggests Tommy and Phil take bigger shares as a result, but the reward is the same either way.