Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Just tell me what you want. I tried selling a bespoke future virtual dragon nation that incorporated all the trendy philosophies of right wing twitter in a semi-coherent fashion, but didn't get any real takers. So just tell me what you want.

Dragons + Marxism?
Dragons + Catholic anarchism?
Dragons + Stirner-style egoism? Less-wrong "rationalism"? Open fascism or stalinism?

Anything goes. If I get a lot of votes for multiple things I will try to support multiple things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Anprim obviously.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sir this is a Burger King drive through. :crossarms:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Dragons + Liberation Theology.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Colonel Cancer posted:

Anprim obviously.

Hard to reconcile with the premise but aesthetically obvious, will consider

my dog died im sad posted:

Dragons + Liberation Theology.

Good idea. I have something nascent along those lines hidden in here: https://dancefighterredux.wordpress.com/2019/09/26/spyro-3-a-draconic-logos/

Needs development though

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All those proposals sound great but how are you going to deliver?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Like checks and balances but instead it's huge dragons battling each other or something. Or like instead of Speaker of the House it could be like Dragon of the House.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Zidrooner posted:

All those proposals sound great but how are you going to deliver?

You're going to meme me into relevance and then bored incel trolls of the far future will use the everyday technology of 2xxx to implement them.

Literally A Person posted:

Like checks and balances but instead it's huge dragons battling each other or something. Or like instead of Speaker of the House it could be like Dragon of the House.

This is basically the plot of my Liber series of video games. Dragons resolve rulership by arguing and then, if they can't reach consensus through argument, battling. Since dragons are very strong they have human riders and the goal is to kill the human rider instead of the dragon. But they have to choose a human who has the same ideology as them so they have a stake in whether they live or die.

Note that "just reify my favorite fictional setting with dragons in it" is a valid answer to this question, so you could just say "just get AI to make the Dragonheart universe logically coherent and instantiate everything in it for real"

DrowningInDreams fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 19, 2019

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pinching it off properly so I don't have to scrub a skid mark off the carpet.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Tony Snark posted:

Pinching it off properly so I don't have to scrub a skid mark off the carpet.

Don't understand this, could you rephrase a little less cleverly?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Laissez-faire dragonism.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Orthodox theocracy dragonism where they specifically deify and worship a skinny fuccboi spearing a dragon

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Will there be a Burger King?

Are international franchises allowed in the virtual Dragon Nation?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

dragons are cool because they get a +4 to health and they can raid adjacent counties like you were a pagan

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
tiddies
i know it's controversial to give big honkin' tits to a lizard but it's what i crave, op

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anarcho-Monarchy OP

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
An aluminium body and multiple dicks. Duh.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

how is this thread in gbs instead of cspam

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

autoerotic asphyxiation

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want a realistic, down-to-earth dragon nation... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Coolness Averted posted:

tiddies
i know it's controversial to give big honkin' tits to a lizard but it's what i crave, op

Where's Applewhite?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I leave the politics to the experts, just don't skimp on great, girthy dragon schlongs.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I liked in Robin Hobbs 'The Rain Wild' chronicles how the dragons were really confused by human society and the way we're always breaking things apart just to move them around and put them back together. in that sense, shoving dragons into a pre-existing human ideology might not do them justice.

look in your heart and discover what sort of world dragons would build. it doesn't have to be unified - there should be competing visions of dragon-kind, but ultimately the social worlds should feel draconic, not human.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Dragons + Slimer-style eatoism. Ten dongs in every mouth.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

big tiddies

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Are you trying to resurrect malatora

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i will donate $5 to the kickstarter if the dragon world includes a firebreathing get out frog

does anyone get that reference i am very smart and so are you if you get it

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I wonder if the boss "Max Slimer" from the hit 2002 video game Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is so named because some other blind SOB like me also read "Slimer" instead of "Stirner" :thunk:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Imagine that you are a dragon for a moment. Now imagine that you are devouring another dragon with your anus. If you've got a massive erection right now, you're probably into some crazy poo poo called voreaphilia. Don't worry though, the folks over at Dragon Spot will gladly let you in to their naughty circle of cannibalistic love.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Dragons; but they hoard bitcoin and smoke weed

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Dragons taking over the universities and corrupting our youth.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Dragons as bloated hundred-ton paralytic immortality drug factories propping up the universal financial dominance of telepathic space Australia

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
A game of thrones mmo rpg op

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Didn't we relentlessly mock a forum for having this idea.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
It's like direct democracy except instead of everyone getting one vote they get one dragon instead.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dragons but they’re the size of dogs and are basically dogs but are dragons :3:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Will there be a Burger King?

Are international franchises allowed in the virtual Dragon Nation?

That's up to y'all. The original CTCR concept was just dragon neocameralism with weird gnostic and chaos magick inspired pseudo-metaphysics, and as such would probably have had a Burger King, but other dragon nations may or may not have Burger Kings.

Ocean Book posted:

I liked in Robin Hobbs 'The Rain Wild' chronicles how the dragons were really confused by human society and the way we're always breaking things apart just to move them around and put them back together. in that sense, shoving dragons into a pre-existing human ideology might not do them justice.

look in your heart and discover what sort of world dragons would build. it doesn't have to be unified - there should be competing visions of dragon-kind, but ultimately the social worlds should feel draconic, not human.

But that's xenofiction, which is hard.

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Are you trying to resurrect malatora

No but I will if I have to.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

What about dragons but, like, in a society where all the cool parts of being a dragon - flying, breathing fire, hoarding gold, etc... Are all suppressed and considered morally repugnant by an efficient government bureaucracy and a de-dragonizing economy that rewards compliance with regulations and socially-accepted norms of behavior. Dragons can go their entire lives, all 5000 years, without ever razing a village or encrusting their scales with jewels and instead spend all their time and energy trying to achieve a "satisfactory" rating from their employers in order to qualify for a cost-of-living raise, and planning which national park to go to with their wife and newts for their 2-week yearly vacation.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

A game of thrones mmo rpg op

The mage class gets a free wheelchair mount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You know those dragons that are, like, double dragons?