Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
This was fun! I just accepted there was no point actually trying to figure out who did what, since that’s usually so dissatisfying (whether I’m right or wrong), and enjoyed watching the movie work.

The closest I’ve ever been to the genre is reading Hardy Boys when I was little, so I can’t comment on overall genre subversion, but the little touches seemed perfect. I kept waiting for every character to comment on Daniel Craig’s accent, but instead we get just one tiny lampshade hung on it and it’s a genuine laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
The only mystery for me is whether the malaproper's mispronunciation of Gillian Flynn was intentional. It fits with the character, but was left out of the flashback and isn't called out in the script or by the character bothered by the malapropisms.