Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Adrenaline at that moment is probably doing the same rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
More than anything I would love to see (a) bloopers from this, and (b) a small teaser in the vein of ‘Benoit Blanc will return in...’

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

Per Johnson's in theater commentary track, he did heavily consider putting "Benoit Blanc will return in [mystery name]" at the end of the credits, but decided not to tempt fate

In theatre commentary track? How do I achieve this black magics?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Just download it here and then listen to it with headphones while you're in the theater.

Oh wow, thanks! Guess my AMC Stubs is getting another go.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Plus it's a franchise opportunity for Daniel Craig that's probably a lot more fun than James Bond.

I always wonder if KO was shot in order because in Craig’s first scenes he’s having trouble disguising the fact that he’s having the time of his life.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bloopers?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And still confirmed a month ago that he’s bashing it out with Disney.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I loved the circle of knives and how no-one gets framed dead centre until Marta right at the end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Excellent Easter egg on the Blu-ray cover (spoilers, obviously).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

K.O. cemented my opinion that Michael Shannon is our greatest living actor, but Lakeith Stanfield is right on his heels.

Lakeith is woefully underserved by the script, and I hope the Adventures of Benoit Blanc do him more justice as the eye-rolling Watson-esque role.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yay! Good thread, good film.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How was Linda better off? Because she was divorcing Richard?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fun detail on Reddit today. Ricky Jay was supposed to play the estate security guard, but died before filming. So he appears anyway as a little photo. :unsmith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bittersweet?

JoJo Rabbit is very good, and spans the emotional spectrum well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

cyfad posted:

Just watched this at my brother's, what a nice movie, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm still wondering if I missed something about the Go board's significance, maybe someone here can make up for my dumb brain: when reconstructing the events of the evening, the Go board is knocked over loudly, but for some reason I don't get, Blanc knocks it over himself later, notes that it hardly makes a noise due to the carpet and shrugs it off? Why did he do that in the first place? Did he learn anything from that I didn't catch?

The Go board getting knocked over was the cover story for Harlan tripping Marta over to stop her calling for his family. Blanc sees that the board fell over quite quietly, and figured something else heavy fell. It's just more confirmation that something was up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Or the Nazi child gets his claws into her mind. ‘Look what the immigrants stole from you.’

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I recently saw this movie for the first time as a double feature with my first time watching Ready or Not.

That was a good combo.

They are excellent companion films. :hmmyes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Netflix have made a deal with Rian Johnson for two Knives Out sequels. :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m intrigued by the little snippet buried in that article that the next Knives Out film starts shooting in June, in Greece. Benoit going international!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Filming in Greece gives the next film a distinctly Agatha Christie’s Poirot kind of feel. So I hope they get the same sort of thing where every actor under the sun is clamouring to be in it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Idris Elba as a rival detective please, with an equally outrageous accent.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anyway, Knives Out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Have it that Lakeith’s character is now married to Benoit, and they’re in Greece on their honeymoon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We’ve got Dave Bautista for the sequel!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Potentially Jessica Chastain based on the rather flimsy evidence that Rian Johnson has just started following her on Instagram.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooooooh

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Every movie in production is potentially starring Jessica Chastain.

Or possibly Dallas Bryce Howard. They don’t know till they finish filming.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/lightscamerapod/status/1409949354232795139

https://twitter.com/rwyattduncan/status/1409923438785875968

https://twitter.com/metaplexmovies/status/1409963408217235462

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Samovar posted:

It does seem to be the case that he actually wants to BE an actor, as opposed to Dave Bautista.

as opposed to Dave Bautista…?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

<presses piano key>

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

First 4 seconds of footage! (Right at the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTI6T5M8Fj0

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s a Netflix funded film (they bought the rights to two KO movies) although it may get some distribution too, due to it being the sequel to a huge critically acclaimed money spinner.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CSI KFC: Miami

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I'm still pissed that the sequel to Now You See Me was not named Now You Don't.

:hmmyes:

BigglesSWE posted:

Almost positive I saw him say that on his Twitter a few years back.

This was in response to the tweet suggesting it, which is now annoyingly hidden:

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1211446534333718534

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HE’S IN THE THREAD

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

Benoit Blanc sees the Crime-Knife

I do declare, we have, I say, all seen the Crime-knife.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s your Christmas present, y’all!

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1561702225814032388

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TEASER TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xR_lBtEvSc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m here for The Room* movie.

*the puzzle games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It raises questions like ‘were he and Lakeith’s detective a thing while he was in town, and that’s why he got away with so much?’