Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I just got out of a screening and I really hated the part 15 minutes in where the movie theater lost power and it took them 20 minutes to get it going again, just the genre defying schlock you'd expect out of Rian Johnson :v:

But seriously, it was very fun movie. I really liked the turns the movie took and Daniel Craig's accent was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I really liked how everyone assumed the Nazi kid was jerking it, but actually was just surfing Reddit in the bathroom trying to escape the family

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Friend posted:

I loved this movie. The whole foreshadowing bit with her being better at Go than the other two because she had no stategy beyond making a nice pattern was really clever I thought.

And also him talking aboutnot being able to tell the difference between a real knife and a stage knife in the very beginning

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
The message is that rich people are soulless husks

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I wanted more of Duke's mom

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I think it was one of the better Bond movies to be honest, strange that he was undercover the entire time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bongo Bill posted:

The villain did not read to me as having been conceived as a specific parody of Elon Musk. He's any dipshit tech billionaire, and indeed there are a few out there who fit him better. It's just a fortuitous coincidence that the movie came out right when a particular dipshit tech billionaire was very publicly corncobbing.

Yeah, it could just as easily be a Jeff Bezos analog had Musk not spent the year and half since filming finished beclowning himself