Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This was loads of fun. I never know what to spoiler in these situations, just, the mystery is very well constructed while not seeming to follow a rote pattern either.

Toni Collette I think is my favorite performance. Her doing a Gwyneth Paltrow riff was inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Toni Collette is so intense in Hereditary that it was nice to see her just be kind of a goofy idiot here. She has very good range.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I get Last Jedi not being folks' cup of tea, sorta, but what's wrong with Knives Out?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I loved this and liked it more than the first. It is a bit less realistic, to be sure, it takes place in a more absurd world. But I think it works really well on that scale and the performances are all top drawer. And to be honest I think the details of the super-rich world everyone lives in were so specific that it made for great satire. Renning Hot

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the target isn’t so much Musk all by his lonesome as the entire “disruptor” mindset which, as Miles explains it (despite some mangled words), essentially has no regard for ethical or moral boundaries.

It’s just that Musk has become the most prominent example of it, especially over the last few months.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Sondheim was also a fan of mysteries and puzzles and puzzle games and so on.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
To me a good Rogan parody would have to include the “yeah man right” stoner credulousness. It’s how he defends himself, he’s not advocating these things he’s just having these guys on his show and it Makes Ya Think don’t it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Did Netflix not get the streaming rights to it when they paid hundreds of millions for the sequels, or are they withholding it to keep more eyes on the sequel?