Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

I think, in the next few years, most film companies, but Disney especially, are going to get even more risk averse. Covid was an unexpected demonstration of how fragile their revenue streams actually are. On the other hand, we might see the return of the mid budget movie.

This is ironic on the heels of news that the Knives Out sequels were sold for five times the first films budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Given the pushback from filmmakers after their movies get pushed to streaming, I wonder if this is a case of Netflix looking for anybody interested in taking their money and Johnson just being the one to raise his hand.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

stev posted:

Not sure if this is already well known but it completely passed me by - Rian Johnson made a murder mystery TV show starring Natasha Lyonne and it's out in three weeks! He even wrote and directed half the episodes. Where does he find the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2NzusLAqk

That explains her seemingly random inclusion on the Zoom call.