Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I loved this movie. It's just so satisfying, and not in the way you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mistaya posted:

I think my favorite thing about this movie is they didn't waste all the good dialogue lines in the trailer so there were some genuinely great moments Donut hole/nazi child/gravity's rainbow that were total surprises.

Man there were a lot of great little quirky things to notice. No one in this movie is stupid, but a lot of them are assholes. That final shot with her holding the mug looking down on the rest of them outside in the cold was *kiss fingers* perfect.

I really liked how Meg ended up being just as big a piece of poo poo as the rest of them. Arguably worse since she's the only one who knew Marta well enough to actually betray her, and immediately did so.

The best thing about that shot you mentioned is she's holding it perfectly to show off the "my house" on the mug.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I rewatched this the other night and I love how you can pick up details that they put in plain sight but don't really call your attention to it.

Like, the first moment Blanc meets Marta face to face Blanc looks down and directly at Marta's shoes. Only at the end do they call attention to it, and it makes Blanc so much of a better character in that he immediately knew Marta was directly involved in the death, but didn't jump to any conclusions and saw that Marta was actually a good person.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

jivjov posted:

I love the "Richard handing Marta a plate like she's a waitress" moment, too

Everyone getting Marta's country wrong combined with a majority of them saying they wanted her at the funeral but were outvoted, thereby showing they're lying, does a real good job of showing how the family as a whole sucks too.

But I also really enjoyed how Blanc was truly a gentleman sleuth. He's a good and decent person too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I still don't know if I like the idea that each movie has Craig using a different outrageous accent, or he keeps the same one from the first film.

Just make him say his lines in both a new ridiculous accent and the current Blanc one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Human Tornada posted:

Daniel Craig is completely unconvincing as an American and his ridiculous accent was the worst part of Knives Out.

what the gently caress is this poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Knives Out Again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that Blanc is using the same accent. I was half expecting a different outrageous one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I loved it. Different from the first but still very clever and funny. I enjoyed that it was another twist in the whodunnit but different from the Knives Out twist.

I couldn't stop laughing at how easily Blanc figured out the mystery murder game before it even started. But also how he played it off like he accidentally ruined it when he was already working at solving the real murder.