Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hai2u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

the greatest PR: the one that means you don't play

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

confirmed but going to bed

also, hi somber

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##vote Steak he said he's the killer, you all heard it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Probably Limpen, but I'm not allowed to vote them.

are we just gonna leave this out here

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

I refuse to lynch lumpen as long as every post is a third person Dungeon Chapter.

well, this ended poorly for me

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##vote Lumpen that last post sucked even more so for the others, which is a feat I didn't think could happen but here we are

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

fyi this is partially a vote driven by that post in particular Big Sucking and partially because I don't want a player constantly posting garbage that involves no actual participation

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I would also vote lumpen on general principle.

this isn't a Lumpen Policy Vote, I think jokes about being trans by cis people are poor form and doubt Lumpen's ability to do this well

also being called a "humorless scold" doesn't endear me at all

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

I think Somb is scum but no way does my case get a lynch today. Somb is doing that thing where you’re six buildings away with a 10x ADS into enemy spawn lightly picking away.

can you give us the case anyways?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm The Witcher, but the one that appears in Monster Hunter World, so I have a sick gunlance and a bottomless desire for Green Drink

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

can you give us the case anyways?

merk posted twice without acknowledging this, just fyi

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

to be fair, wouldn't lots of people want to kill Lumpen D1 for his totally odious gimmick

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Merk is town

What makes you so sure?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Nice rolefish.

you got me, I definitely want to out the cop D2 in the most hamfisted way possible

Sandwolf posted:

Lumpen NK makes me think E+ :/

just because I think lumpen's posts sucked? because that would be a really obvious NK from me, and one my scumbros would not be likely to back me up on... unless they're absolutely weak-willed or have some other kind of wincon.

if you think I'm scum, who are my scum-buddies and why?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

I like that post AA, it feels legit, I think AA is town.

the last game AA and I played together, he couldn't post worth a poo poo. now he's got this big case early day 2 that's all fancily laid out and poo poo? he could have said that in much fewer words, it feels pretty performative.

I present to you four five six hypotheses:

Hypothesis A: AA is overcorrecting from his last game
Hypothesis B: AA usually posts like this but I've missed it
Hypothesis C: AA has some weird PR/role causing this to happen, which is absolutely plausible for this game - we were even warned about it
Hypothesis 4: AA is scum and being coached for some reason
Hypothesis F: AA is just trying something fun and new
Hypothesis 5: *farrrrrrrrt*

now that I have that out of the way I think "good post, town player, nbd" is kinda limp

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

I dislike that post by EP+, it does not make me think they are town.

do you have evidence to present to the jury, or is this just your gut feeling

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Post as a whole ignores the content of AAs post in favor of degrading its presentation, then ends with poo pooing an alignment call.

technically I didn't poo, it was only gas

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I have a hard time accepting part of the initial premise in AA's case.

can you elaborate on which part?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

This post is also pretty performative. Lots of words to not make an alignment call.

##vote E+

the alignment call is that I'm leaning scum on amnistar because he's hopping on AA's post without doing any in depth analysis

was that not obvious?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

You can't be suspicious of Epsilon unless you've solved the rest of the game apparently.

you can't be suspicious of me for saying lumpen's posts sucked when other people said his posts sucked; moreover, unless I'm a solo scum it's not a stretch to ask someone who they think my scum buddies might be, in an effort to learn more about their thought process

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not really. You called his post "kinda limp" which for an alignment call is, uh, "kinda limp."

in the future I will endeavor to establish a closing section for each of my posts describing my feelings on any players mentioned in the post

also to be less snarky: I think we've had this exact same conversation before and I think it's just a difference in playstyle; I don't feel the need to say someone is scummy if all I'm doing is criticizing their post, the same way I don't feel the need to say "This person is town!" when I agree with them

The Ninth Layer posted:

People can be suspicious of whatever they feel like. They don't need to have the game solved every time they post one..

me asking someone who a likely scum partner is is not asking for the game to be solved. it's not a legally binding statement on that person's behalf, I just wanna know what they're thinking. an absolutely acceptable answer would be "I don't know who'd be scum with you, you scummy scum scumman".

b-minus1 posted:

drat this is a scummy post lol. “You can’t be suspicious of me!!!!!1”

that's exactly what I said, you got me

closing statement for post:
TNL: kinda sad, but not scum
epsilon plus: very rad, town superstar
b-minus: trying his very best every day and we should support him, unsure on alignment (which means I'm scum, right)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

So it was just based on Lumpen having suspicion of E+ yesterday I guess (full disclosure I didn't take the times to parse what Lumpen was saying)?

I didn't read him as having suspicion of me, he just started taunting me in his lovely, lovely posts. If he was suspicious of me I don't think he voiced it.

hal incandenza: asking questions, admitting he didn't fully read, leaning town

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

##vote somber

is this based entirely on you reading merk as town?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

It was a pretty bad take, so I'm glad to see it gone.

almost as glad as you are to see lumpen gone, eh scumbo?????

merk: not scum, just jesting
epsilon plus: very funny

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

We are well on our way to a d2 no lynch too. Don’t worry.

there are two days left, champ. while I don't wanna lunch last minute we still have at least 24 hours before we break out the big concerns.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also not really liking sandwolf and his E+ walkback and explanations

tbh I'm... okay... with it; god knows I've done the same to people. what gives me pause is for that tactic to really work, you need to be able to lean into people; you're not going to get a decent reaction from someone with a single commentless vote unless they're absolutely unhinged, and I'd like to think my scum game is marginally above that.

Amnistar posted:

E+ - Their response to AA's case doesn't feel geniune, I think it's artifical and over the top, making a bit point of pointing out flaws in presentation instead of engaging in content.

you still don't get that I was responding to you much more so than AA's case, huh? like I don't think AA's case is the greatest ever (the phrase "From a pure meta perspective, I have known Dick Bastardly to demonstrate dry awkward humor in this fashion, and come across as overtly scummy." straight up reads like an alien wrote it imo), but it makes a point and has supporting evidence. I am far more interested in the fact that your response to it is as follows:

Amnistar posted:

I like that post AA, it feels legit, I think AA is town.

and the only discussion you make of the case further is either criticizing how I used it as a springboard to attack you, or... saying that it's not actually a good case?

Amnistar posted:

I can like a case for being sincere without it being correct. AA's case comes across as sincere and not something that is manufactured, so I like them as town.

you're not engaging with the content of AA's case any more than I am, and yet it's enough for you to make an alignment call?

idea: Amnistar hopped on the first lengthy case of D2, decided it was town enough to put support behind, and doesn't want to engage with it any further because he doesn't need to actually case, because he's

hella

fuckin

(##vote Amnistar)

scum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

Forced because it’s not persuasive.

this is a weird dichotomy

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

Here, Somberbrero ignores my comment completely but changes behavior at the start of day 2 in reaction.

tbf lots of people change radically on day 2 because day 1 is kinda blah in a lot of ways, particularly among this crowd as of late, but there's a definite tonal shift to somberbrero that I'd like to read over

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha I think Amni is probably town

Hahahaha bro your reasoning... hahahaha bro stop it don't hold back your reasoning, bro! Hahahaha

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Deadline is in 14 hours, Hal, Leith and Steak don't have any votes down and I'd love to hear from them!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I don't think Somber is that dumb, but I can buy distracted play from Somber/TNL presuming they're both scum.

##vote Somberbrero

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh just the way he reacted to TNL and merk before I posted that. It read as very townie to me and I don't think scum would admit to being so self-conscious that they reread their own post 8 times.

see, I got kind of the opposite reaction - Amni seemed kind of on autopilot. Merk literally called his statement "word salad" and Amni immediately asks if it makes sense? The "rewrote 8 times" thing feels more like an excuse for a rushed post than an actual admission.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I would love to hear what TNL was up to last night

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone whanna claim that they were merk‘ mason partner?

this would be far more interesting than a massclaim atm

also I'm opposed to a massclaim, this game has non-standard roles and it would be easy for scum to gin up something weird but plausibly towny without someone else being able to counterclaim it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Tenatively willing to give a pass to TNL because they were Jailed and knew it.

in case nobody knows what is being referred to here, I presume it's this post:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm a tracker, I tracked Amnistar and my action failed

Night 1 I tracked steak and saw him do nothing.

I'm pretty sure Leith is telling the truth about jailing TNL and don't really want to vote him

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

If TNL is scum, then what is Epsilon?

If TNL is scum than I don't look good, no. If TNL is scum, he didn't do the kill, which means there's a remaining scumbo around, which would scan for a 13 player game unless there's something wacky going on.

I'd rather be looking for a potential scumbuddy for if TNL is scum than focus on TNL today, is all.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

sorry, im a little behind, what did epsilon claim?

nothing, yet, and I have no burning urge to claim atm

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Ok it’s probably epsilon plus and hal

do you wanna quantify that at all, or do you just wanna pick two random people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006