Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
*actually explores town and has decent time *

Who knew Cincinnati had its own chili??

*diarrheas*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
*Original model is all wrong and has to make two hour skype and screen share call from a busy pub at noon on a Saturday*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
LAP's Boss: THE ADMIRAL IS GOING TO BE HERE TODAY!!! OH MY GOD THE ADMIRAL!!!!

LAP: Uh, okay.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
*Stands behind people on airport escalator saying "Excuse me" to make them move. Motherfuckers won't just stay to the right. Motherfuckers.*

*Gets back from the last trip, takes pants and shoes off and kicks feet up on desk in office.*

Outrail posted:

*Original model is all wrong and has to make two hour skype and screen share call from a busy pub at noon on a Saturday*

*Original model is all wrong and has to be on Skype for 2 hours while waiting at the airport to go home on Saturday*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
*Strongly considers just wholesale fabricating interviews and data collection. Curses lingering shreds of integrity*

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*wakes up at 4:30 and checks clock with a sigh*
*wakes up at 5:30 and checks clock with a sigh*
*wakes up at 6:30 and checks clock with a sigh*
*sits up and stares at hotel wallpaper, wondering if it's worth trying for more sleep before 7:30*
"I'm missing Ellie's recital today..."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Hey guys listen my flight leaves at 3 pm, is it possible I can duck out a little early? The only other flight was at 11 pm, my daughter's sick and my wife really needs some help around the house. If I can get that 3 pm flight I'll be home by 9. Oh, the new regional director is coming in at 2 pm. Okay, no that's great I can't wait to meet him. "

*11 pm flight is overbooked, has to spend night at airport, gets home early Sunday morning*

"Hey cool back to work in just about 24 hours!"

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

*drops an absurdly large dump in the hotel toilet, just a world-shattering, Revelations-worthy poo poo, because those toilets have the suck force of a jet engine*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
IRL I have a team meeting in San Diego in January, a city I’ve never been to, and I already know the odds of seeing anything but the hotel and maybe a restaurant down the street from the hotel are slim to none.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
but just think of all the things you can do by going there instead of just videoconferencing, such as

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah no, why would I want to spend a couple extra days in [paradise]. I’ll just book my return flight for 3 hours after the last meeting ends. Seriously it’s cool. I didn’t mind having meetings all day so I couldn’t enjoy the beach for a second.

I’d love to take along employee who has never traveled before. It’ll be easy.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
*Has flight home booked for 6:30PM*
*Client pushes meeting well past the agreed upon 4:30pm end time*
*Misses flight*
*Subsequent flights cancelled due to blizzard*
*Spends night in airport*

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
*gets stuck in the security line behind a family that's never traveled before*

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

*Is singled out by TSA for "random" additional screening, Every. Single. Time.*

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI
Disembark plane in Italy

Board taxi to travel across border into Switzerland

250+ euro fare

Cabbie insists cannot take Amex and yet does when pressed

Arrive at hotel 11pm and demand hotel bar remains open for 15 more minutes to consume expensive larger on expense account

Order three pints at once just in case

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Sits akwardly on couch with boss in his condo while he watches Last Man Standing reruns for 3 hours.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Man trips over a business, sues.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

IRL I have a team meeting in San Diego in January, a city I’ve never been to, and I already know the odds of seeing anything but the hotel and maybe a restaurant down the street from the hotel are slim to none.

Back in the old times (2000s) the company would encourage us to time field trips to end on a Friday, with a Monday departure. They'd let us extend the rental truck (we'd pay the difference) and go camping/exploring for the weekend. Blasting through national parks in a mine spec 4wd gently caress yeah.

Fast forward ten years and no loving way they'd even consider it.

Jay_Zombie posted:

*Is singled out by TSA for "random" additional screening, Every. Single. Time.*

*TSA agent swabs clothes and bag. Equipment makes alarming sound. TSA agent looks at high vis clothes and shrugs*
"Did I register for ANFO?"
"Yeah, where do you work?"
"Mine site?"
"Cool, you're good to go."

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 21, 2019

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I've only seen DC from the plane, cab, or limo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jay_Zombie posted:

*Has flight home booked for 6:30PM*
*Client pushes meeting well past the agreed upon 4:30pm end time*
*Misses flight*
*Subsequent flights cancelled due to blizzard*
*Spends night in airport*

I got caught in Iowa for 4 days due to storms. It wasn't even fun because I couldnt get hammered at the airport bar in fear of missing my flight. I spent the time trying to avoid coworkers and eating terrible midwestern food.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

I got caught in Iowa for 4 days due to storms. It wasn't even fun because I couldnt get hammered at the airport bar in fear of missing my flight. I spent the time trying to avoid coworkers and eating terrible midwestern food.

I got stuck at Logan for a night for the same reason.
Luckily it was Boston and they have their poo poo together when it comes to dealing with snow, so I was only stuck for the one night.

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018

Jay_Zombie posted:

Pro tier poo poo, right here.

I paid $100 for an economy comfort seat once because no others were available, just so I didn't have to sit next to work people on a 12 hour flight. I was all "I think the office booked my flight separately last minute so that must be why :shrug:"

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
*"continental breakfast" is a vending machine danish and watery orange juice*

*co-worker makes same joke to client she's made the last 5 times we've visited*

*cried when Craigslist Casual Encounters section was shut down*

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The best businsss trip I ever got sent on was to go to a soffware class solo with nobody else.

Just three days of going to classes that got out mid day. I spent the rest of the time driving around the unfamiliar town and going on long runs along the coast at sunset and coming back to the upscale hotel that the company paid for.

It was then that I realized how much I like being alone. No coworkers, no bosses and no one to check in with.

Bliss.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Went to a trade show in Vegas. First time there. Stayed at the Mandalay Bay, and on the company dime no less. Only had to work from 9-4, the rest of the time, my 25 year old self was free to do whatever since the two bosses I was there with were busy doing boss things with other boss people.
So naturally, the first night there, I want to take a walk down the strip and see what's what. I get down to around the Bellagio, step off the curb, into a pothole and severely sprain my ankle. I had 4 days left there.
Basically I stayed in the hotel, drank and played blackjack the rest of the time I wasn't working.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jay_Zombie posted:

Went to a trade show in Vegas. First time there. Stayed at the Mandalay Bay, and on the company dime no less. Only had to work from 9-4, the rest of the time, my 25 year old self was free to do whatever since the two bosses I was there with were busy doing boss things with other boss people.
So naturally, the first night there, I want to take a walk down the strip and see what's what. I get down to around the Bellagio, step off the curb, into a pothole and severely sprain my ankle. I had 4 days left there.
Basically I stayed in the hotel, drank and played blackjack the rest of the time I wasn't working.

Yeah last time I was at Mandalay Bay it was paid for by a Korean orthopedics company. But, I had to present a new medical device to their higher ups and they all wanted to party on the strip until dawn so I ended up getting about one hour of sleep before I had to get back up and iron my stuff before the meeting.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
*last night at conference, 9pm*

"$VENDOR1 and $VENDOR2 are having competing open bars! Who wants to go?"

*everyone grumbles and goes back to the hotel to pack and get to bed early*

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

Yeah last time I was at Mandalay Bay it was paid for by a Korean orthopedics company. But, I had to present a new medical device to their higher ups and they all wanted to party on the strip until dawn so I ended up getting about one hour of sleep before I had to get back up and iron my stuff before the meeting.

I can only imagine partying with Korean execs in Vegas is either boring as hell, or the stuff that National Lampoon movies are made of.

When I was there, there was our trade show (marketing software), a trade show for companies that host trade shows, a rodeo, a Buck Cherry concert, and a Spice Girls concert, all in the same week.
Needless to say the clientele was interesting. At one point, I was at a table with a no poo poo cowboy (funny as hell), two older yet very attractive (and friendly) Spice Girls fans and a dude in a tux who was throwing down money like it was going out of style, until what I can only assume was a $5k-a-night hooker showed up, and sat in his seat while he bankrolled her. That was a fun night.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jay_Zombie posted:

I can only imagine partying with Korean execs in Vegas is either boring as hell, or the stuff that National Lampoon movies are made of.

When I was there, there was our trade show (marketing software), a trade show for companies that host trade shows, a rodeo, a Buck Cherry concert, and a Spice Girls concert, all in the same week.
Needless to say the clientele was interesting. At one point, I was at a table with a no poo poo cowboy (funny as hell), two older yet very attractive (and friendly) Spice Girls fans and a dude in a tux who was throwing down money like it was going out of style, until what I can only assume was a $5k-a-night hooker showed up, and sat in his seat while he bankrolled her. That was a fun night.

Your trip was way better than mine.

The Koreans were super uptight because they were considering buying the idea we were presenting. So it was all game faces and their idea of touring the strip was basically walking a few blocks, and then buying gifts for their family at the Hot Topic by Trump Towers. They never even bought the thing we were presenting and basically led us on for another year before we stopped giving a poo poo.

And on the way back, my flight got cancelled and I got stuck in LAX overnight.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Heh heh, please! Mr Business is my father!

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018

A Fancy Hat posted:

"Oh wow, Backstreet Boys are in town? Haha, just imagine if we ended up going to see them, that would be so funny!"

*ends up paying 60 dollars out of his own pocket because the person running the meeting decided it would be a fun bonding experience but they can't expense it*

"Yeah this is wonderful, I sure do love doing things with coworkers!"

Drunken Karaoke with coworkers is fun and cool!

Ebeneezer Splooge fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 22, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I went to a Microsoft convention at Murder Bay, and it was bonnjovi. I waited an hour because the kept bringing drinks in line. I get into the beach area, it was a mess. Thousands of people, more drunk than I, and I left after two songs.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Imagine willfully exposing yourself Jon Bon Jovi. Might as well learn how to kick yourself in the crotch. It'd be more fun.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Now that same post but in the other context.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Literally A Person posted:

Imagine willfully exposing yourself Jon Bon Jovi. Might as well learn how to kick yourself in the crotch. It'd be more fun.

Free booze is a mod swan song.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Free booze is a mod swan song.

Beat up a homeless guy and take his wine like a normal person.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Flew into town. Hiked around the city miles and miles towards the mountains. Talked to random people. Showed up to the training classes 3 hours late. We passed a beanbag around.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
*flight get in late, eats gummy bears and wine from the hotel lobby for dinner*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Rental Counter operator: WEll because your flight was delayed by 5 hours, we no longer have the car you reserved, but we have a nice minivan for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The movie Up In The Air is pretty spot on for its time.