Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
appear in court, but only to tell the judge to SUCK IT, and give em the People's Elbow!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

kazr posted:

I had a weed related offense dropped because the dip poo poo wrote the wrong court date on the ticket lmao

Yeah buddy that cop done hosed up and you're not going to pay.

A few of my buddies got pulled over on Labour Day weekend about 10 yrs ago (weed has since been legalized) driving to cottage country. They were towing a boat behind their truck and there was a quarter pound of herb in the boat. The cop that pulled them over decided to be punitive and charged them instead of being a true Canadian and looking the other way. They had to go get fingerprinted a couple of days later and it turns out officer friendly picked Thanksgiving as their court date. Charges were withdrawn or something but there were definitely no actual repercussions.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Eh, I had one they hosed up almost everything on it, my address was wrong, date of birth was wrong, street I was pulled over was wrong. Cop didn't show. Didn't matter, still had to pay in full.

But if you're looking to move or change car insurance in the next few years, it's a good idea to try.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Just lol if your car can't outrun a police cruiser. Going fast is the problem but also the solution

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

you've got a legal document from a police officer saying you weren't speeding, why are you not already in the courtroom pleading not guilty and presenting exhibit A

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
AM I BEING DETAINED??!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk doing a 45 in a 60 zone ought to be a crime too

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just go into court and wipe your rear end with it infront of everyone OP

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

This court is maritime law only seals can judge me here

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Eh, I had one they hosed up almost everything on it, my address was wrong, date of birth was wrong, street I was pulled over was wrong. Cop didn't show. Didn't matter, still had to pay in full.
you got clowned

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

As my username attests to I am an expert on courtroom procedure, OP. A lot of these people are discounting the fact that one judge in every courtroom always lies, while the other always tells the truth, and it is up to the defendant to discern which is which - if you're not careful, the door you walk out of after the judge tells you you're free could actually lead straight to prison!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The moral of the story, OP, is that cops can do anything they want and it’s a complete gamble as to whether or not they just shrug and go “welp I’m in charge”

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

The moral of the story, OP, is that cops can do anything they want and it’s a complete gamble as to whether or not they just shrug and go “welp I’m in charge”

Or plant evidence just to gently caress your life up.

For years, this one cop would stop my aunt because he had a crush on her. He finally moved away but it got so bad she would come home in tears.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Depending on the flow of the traffic, it can be in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'd just turned though. Clearly I was just accelerating slowly because I'm environmentally conscious. ;)