Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1194840053786087424/vid/1280x720/F24JfKXQla-2zLP8.mp4

This thread is for serious ponderances on baby yoda ONLY. This is NOT a star wars thread. I've never seen star wars, I don't care about star wars, I don't care about star wars lore, and frankly star wars people are all absolute freaks.

Some questions I have about baby yoda:

why is he a baby? why must the large innocent eyes of a small green weed baby bear witness to violence?

Please share your existential thoughts on baby yoda, and other yoda errata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Presumably yoda is a member of some kind of species? Maybe it's yodas fuckup cousin or something

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Tane posted:

Presumably yoda is a member of some kind of species? Maybe it's yodas fuckup cousin or something

yeah but why is he 50, are 50 year old babies important? does the world need 50 year old babies? perhaps yes?

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

i thought yoda was like 800 or something so maybe this species takes 100 years to mature? Maybe its just an excuse to sell toys. Could be both

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Baby Yoda is more cute than all puppies ever, and he killed a space rhino bare handed. We should all strive to be more like Baby Yoda.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
this means yoda is about 18 during the prequel films since he's about 1000 years old lol

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

yoda is a puppet

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Imagine taking care of a baby for fifty years just making GBS threads its diapers fifty years just vomiting fifty years just pissing on your hands fifty years wailing uselessly fifty years burping fifty years feeding n sucking tit fifty years just generally being a parasite that contributes nothing fifty years no self awareness or cognizance fifty years.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Tane posted:

Presumably yoda is a member of some kind of species?

Yes they are Yodels. From planet Yo.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

yoda isn't alive

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
watch your bullshit movies, they will

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's cute op

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Tom Gorman posted:

yoda isn't alive

life is what we feel, and if we wish to see life in baby yoda, who isn't to say baby yoda lives? we understand it is a puppet controlled by men. but why?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Imagine taking care of a baby for fifty years just making GBS threads its diapers fifty years just vomiting fifty years just pissing on your hands fifty years wailing uselessly fifty years burping fifty years feeding n sucking tit fifty years just generally being a parasite that contributes nothing fifty years no self awareness fifty years.

Man. When you put it like that I feel really bad for all the poo poo my wife deals with.

Lucky for her we never had kids.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This species probably has astronomically high rates of infanticide.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I am displeased with this "baby yoda." Who the hell asked for this? Not me. No. I asked for a wise cracking 20's black Yoda.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This species probably has astronomically high rates of infanticide.

it takes a village

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Imagine taking care of this baby for fourty years just weathering the mind numbing and soul crushing ennui of having to care for an infant fourty years but plugging away, sticking with it and pushing through the tedium and suffering and you walk into its room one day and look at the crib and oops overnight SIDS.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
looking for a "toy yoda" (toyota) joke but not quite getting there

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Imagine taking care of this baby for fourty years just weathering the mind numbing and soul crushing ennui of having to care for an infant fourty years but plugging away, sticking with it and pushing through the tedium and suffering and you walk into its room one day and look at the crib and oops overnight SIDS.
isn't that basically human babies compared to most mammals

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

maybe that is why he evokes so much love.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Tane posted:

yoda is a goblin

Cubone
May 26, 2011

free hubcaps posted:

yoda is a goblin
cool

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My fourty year old baby is dead! Only ten more years and he would have been safely out of the SIDS window

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

the sheer disparity of a 50 year old baby existing, and the sorrow and suffering it must enspirit by its very nature of being. It's a true testament to patience and love...thanks everyone for helping me understand the 50 year old baby. I don't believe the mask man is real though, I think he is the dream of the baby.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

he never existed in actual life. he was a bald, hairy old puppet baby that was definitely never alive

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

hell astro course posted:

the sheer disparity of a 50 year old baby existing, and the sorrow and suffering it must enspirit by its very nature of being. It's a true testament to patience and love...thanks everyone for helping me understand the 50 year old baby. I don't believe the mask man is real though, I think he is the dream of the baby.

What would it be like to be a baby for fifty years. Does he never developed higher cognitive functioning that whole time? Is he really just an idiot infant for the entirety of it? Does that mean he has to suffer the massive sensory overstimulation of underdeveloped infant neurology? Is he just hallucinating 24/7? When he finally reaches childhood will the majority of his memories just be hazy nonsensical gibbering mental nonsense?

How do these babies grow up and not just be insane by the end of it

50 Years a Baby the new Star Wars show on Disney Plus.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The 50 year old baby is likely the most complex and signifigant addition to the Star Wars universe since it was revealed that Obi-Wan Kenobi had a rat tail.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

What would it be like to be a baby for fifty years. Does he never developed higher cognitive functioning that whole time? Is he really just an idiot infant for the entirety of it? Does that mean he has to suffer the massive sensory overstimulation of underdeveloped infant neurology? Is he just hallucinating 24/7? When he finally reaches childhood will the majority of his memories just be hazy nonsensical gibbering mental nonsense?

50 Years a Baby the new Star Wars show on Disney Plus.

at first I thought about the inability to develop, but what if they're supposed to be this way, what if this is the main yoda? what if old yoda is what happens when one of these goes too long?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tom Gorman posted:

he never existed in actual life. he was a bald, hairy old puppet baby that was definitely never alive

...I repeat over and over again as I rock slowly in the corner of a darkened room.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tom Gorman posted:

Baby Yoda is likely real and if you aren't careful he might be released into your custody and you will be obligated by the state to rear him for fifty years of your life.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Where the plushies at you bastards???

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Baby Yoda is likely real and if you aren't careful he might be released into your custody and you will be obligated by the state to rear him for fifty years of your life.

it could be 100. we don't even know. maybe even more.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

at first I thought about the inability to develop, but what if they're supposed to be this way, what if this is the main yoda? what if old yoda is what happens when one of these goes too long?

Old Yoda was a lunatic and raving imbecile so this probably more true than we may think.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Yoda species only has two states, infant, and extremely old and senile. They are infamous in the galaxy for being the worst species to exist.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

it's zero. zero years.you don't have to feed a

jesus

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Old Yoda was a lunatic and raving imbecile so this probably more true than we may think.

what does it mean that they won't let us view yoda at his peak. I suppose that the elderly and the babyly share a certain glow near the twilight of their lives...and baby yoda evokes this.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Tom Gorman posted:

it's zero. zero years.you don't have to feed a

jesus

No The technicians feed it with their animus by manipulating the mouth and eyes. I really need you to focus.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

what does it mean that they won't let us view yoda at his peak. I suppose that the elderly and the babyly share a certain glow near the twilight of their lives...and baby yoda evokes this.

A baby and an old person both have one thing in common, they are the closest to the unknown void or universe before birth and after death. Their species are a race of insane seers and idiot savants who are put in charge of major institutions in charge of trillions of lives by people making very well thought out decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If the baby is force sensitive does that mean he can use the force to smear his excrement over the entire room and there is nothing you can do to physically stop it