Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

I also recognized you as someone who has pushed back against this topic before

So yeah. Why is this subject important for you?

because people like you make it impossible to even have a reasonable discussion about it, mainly. it's so bad people won't even make a thread for one of the more popular gacha games, Blue Archive, because the noble pedophile hunters of the forums are sure to invade and start the witch hunt. poo poo is exhausting when you're just trying to enjoy what should be a relaxing game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I resent being called a "pedophile hunter" because it implies I had to exert some kind of effort to find you

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

maybe don't refer to the literal child characters as lolis, though

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i think im changing my mind or at least my effusive praise, there's some side quests that tip too far into the pointlessly wordy bullshit that genshin does. just let me push the mine carts goddamn.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Indecisive posted:

because people like you make it impossible to even have a reasonable discussion about it, mainly. it's so bad people won't even make a thread for one of the more popular gacha games, Blue Archive, because the noble pedophile hunters of the forums are sure to invade and start the witch hunt. poo poo is exhausting when you're just trying to enjoy what should be a relaxing game

you can criticize the problematic aspects of a game while still playing and maybe even enjoying it, i thought anita sarkeesian woke the masses up to this concept a million years ago
nobody is attacking you just for playing star rail, you'll see that there are plenty of other goons in this thread talking about it in peace (probably fewer now since it spun off its own thread)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 1, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you can criticize the problematic aspects of a game while still playing and maybe even enjoying it, i thought anita sarkeesian woke the masses up to this concept a million years ago
nobody is attacking you just for playing star rail, you'll see that there are plenty of other goons in this thread talking about it in peace (probably fewer now since it spun off its own thread)

Uh, I would say she proved that a huge part of the masses are absolutely unable to even comprehend that concept.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
:negative:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Masses are fine criticizing while not playing or enjoying.
didn’t need Anita for that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

maybe don't refer to the literal child characters as lolis, though

gonna +1 that

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The gently caress's going on with Alchemy Stars, I thought it had a decently strong fandom

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

The gently caress's going on with Alchemy Stars, I thought it had a decently strong fandom

The game has just been stale for awhile, and then went from 3 weeks per event, down to 4 for awhile, and now 5 for this latest one. It was also a single 6* character event (they alternate between 1 and 2) which probably brings down the numbers a bit. A lot of the community is saying people are saving for the 2 year anniversary in June, which will probably have a limited character, but that strikes me as "cope", as they say. I think the non-whales who save like that are probably not the ones who drive earning numbers to begin with.

Part of the reason for the longer events is that they're working on launching the game in China, but it's pretty clearly on a downward slide. They did just release their most fanservicey skin yet for one of the game's strongest characters as one of their premium gacha skins (so you might get lucky but it'll almost certainly cost you $50), so maybe that will juice the numbers a bit. It feels like with the last few characters they've tried to make dupes more enticing to bait the whales, but it sure doesn't seem to be working.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Wow f/go global is dropping hard

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ibblebibble posted:

I really hate to say it but as someone who fell off ~a year ago there wasn't really any motivation to roll in that game. All character dupes had very samey effects and the combat wasn't deep enough to have multiple characters who are "equally good but in different ways" so once you pulled and formed the One Perfect Meta Team you kinda beat the game. It was also relatively easy to level up characters to max, because there was no rng-hell equipment system like Genshin artifacts. So their income must be mostly costumes? But you just buy the costumes, there's no gambling in that.

I really liked the writing/tone/characters but it felt like the translation got dramatically worse after launch, but I've never seen anyone else comment about this, so I'll admit I might just be hallucinating.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

im just happy to see limbus doing good :kiddo:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Wow f/go global is dropping hard

Compared to what?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Mix. posted:

im just happy to see limbus doing good :kiddo:

Same. I'm so glad to see it maintaining such a solid income even after the post-launch whale rush.

pentyne posted:

Compared to what?

yeah FGO global seems fine? we're in a huge lull before the hell gauntlet too

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

yeah FGO global seems fine? we're in a huge lull before the hell gauntlet too

New huge story arc, multiple banners of extremely good characters (meta AND love-wise), new anniversary stuff (free SSR ticket with no weird requirements this time!) and more and oh god I don't have enough SQ help help

e: Them dropping a NA-only banner for Arjuna Alter last week was a bullshit move (mostly because I didn't get him)

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

The Moon Monster posted:

Good Alchemy Stars Stuff

Echoing the "game is stale" point. Alchemy Stars interested me in a particular way that no gacha really has since, like, Monster Strike by having gameplay that was just different enough, but I stopped picking up passes a while back.

Events have been extra repetitive minus cheezy minigames and are only like 30 minutes of new content per month, then it's back to autoing whatever until the next one. I think the biggest thing that pushed me off was just a lack of QoL changes - the weekly "roguelike" dungeon was unbelievably tedious and I spent more time collecting dailies than actually playing the game.

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 2, 2023

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I'm glad that Path to Nowhere global is doing well. I wonder what the CN revenue is.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
GFL2 stream stuff.
https://twitter.com/yoshicurtis/status/1653013730127642624
Same ascension system as PNC. You get weapon mods from Tarkov style raids. Dolls can use any weapon of their class though obviously there's going to be BiS for each.
https://twitter.com/yoshicurtis/status/1653034428187435009
Next beta during CN Summer Holiday, which is July.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

StrixNebulosa posted:

New huge story arc, multiple banners of extremely good characters (meta AND love-wise), new anniversary stuff (free SSR ticket with no weird requirements this time!) and more and oh god I don't have enough SQ help help

e: Them dropping a NA-only banner for Arjuna Alter last week was a bullshit move (mostly because I didn't get him)

it is so hard to not try for more altjuna copies. i've gotta stay strong for koyanskaya :negative:

i also have to sit down and actually play through heian kyo :shepicide:

Who are you thinking of picking for your free SSR? As tempting as it is to get my level 100 Sitonai to NP3, I'm probably gonna go for one of the story locks I don't already have, like Calter.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

OK I am completely unsurprised that Touhou Lost Word isn't listed there or sells anything in EN except to me, but how and the hell is global still going lol

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Meowywitch posted:

OK I am completely unsurprised that Touhou Lost Word isn't listed there or sells anything in EN except to me, but how and the hell is global still going lol

Fans suffering from sunk cost fallacy is my bet.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I had no idea Nikke made that much. I thought everyone fell off hard after the shaky first month

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Isn’t the list just stuff the person wants to include ? I mean that’s also a sign I guess

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Mr. Trampoline posted:

I had no idea Nikke made that much. I thought everyone fell off hard after the shaky first month

yea Nikke i expected to die immediately given its ... everything, or maybe sticking around being carried by a few whales like a lot of bad games, but that much money is surprising. It's had some surprisingly good event writing and voice acting tho

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Props to Nikke for having Lisa Ortiz voice a cool rear end lady in a suit

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I played Lost Word for a while and now I want to rant about the gacha there.

See, most gacha games tend to have a single digit chance to get the highest rarity. FGO does 1%, Arknights does 2%. Touhou Lost Word has a 1% chance to pull a character period.

But wait, it gets worse.

The odds of you pulling a banner unit? 10%. Meaning every roll is actually a 0.1% chance of getting the shiny new unit.

But wait, it gets worse.

The paid currency guarantees you one character roll, and lets you slowly build it up even as a F2P, but you get single digit amounts of it per day and you need 600 for a roll so buying is the only reasonable way to get it. Now, Lost Word at least has a slightly more generous spark system. Instead of 300 pulls, you just need 150. You can spark a new unit roughly once a month or so if you save up.

But wait, it gets worse.

Then they introduced UltraFes banners, which require 250 pulls before you can spark.

But wait, it gets worse.

Then they introduced Relic banners, which require 350 pulls before you can spark.

But wait, it gets worse.

Then they introduced Epic banners, which cannot be sparked. You are stuck with that 0.1% chance with no chance of the game taking pity on you.

But wait, it gets worse.

Characters in Lost Word need one of two things to get stronger. You either use Paper Dolls, or dupes. Each tier of unit has a different type of Paper Doll, which get increasingly harder to get. So if you want a Relic unit at full power, you either have to wait literal months to scrounge up the four Paper Dolls they need, or hit that 0.1% chance five times in total.

There are currently, on the EN server, nine Relic units.

God, gently caress Lost Word.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Props to Nikke for having Lisa Ortiz voice a cool rear end lady in a suit

Nikke is definitely the go to game for rear end ladies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Moon Monster posted:

Nikke is definitely the go to game for rear end ladies.

I'm not sure if my phrasing was accidentally good or accidentally bad now

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Who are you thinking of picking for your free SSR? As tempting as it is to get my level 100 Sitonai to NP3, I'm probably gonna go for one of the story locks I don't already have, like Calter.

Waver! I still don't have a meta support and last ticket I got Altera, so OK I will accept the free NP machine. Though I am tempted to get other characters....hmmmm.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

StrixNebulosa posted:

Waver! I still don't have a meta support and last ticket I got Altera, so OK I will accept the free NP machine. Though I am tempted to get other characters....hmmmm.

Waver is a gamechanger, you can't go wrong picking him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmfao at bringing up anita sarkeesian in the gacha gaming general thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/anonsbelle/status/1652602819298439168

also apparently the new love live gacha was repurposed from an entirely unrelated game in a matter of months, its also extremely glitchy (probably because of this)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

That does not seem heartening

Love Live deserves better than that since both of their current Love Live games are dying for this

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
This is the new one that they just EOS'd their older love live game to make space for right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This is the new one that they just EOS'd their older love live game to make space for right?
Not just one, both. Love Live had both School Idol Festival and All Stars running. They killed off both of them for this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGvyevo8sdM

its also really funny looking at SIF2 which is still the 'tiny icons of the characters in front of an extremely low effort music video of mostly recycled anime clips'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TgTm-7N6JE

compared to like, project sekai, which has fully 3d animated dance sequences to go with the songs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

All Stars also had super well done 3d performances (for some of the songs) it's a drat shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Hype for SFD to get end of service in less than a year for the reactions