Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Hand Row posted:

10 at once if it says you get a stamp. You get bonuses and eventually a guaranteed S. You can view the stamp card bonuses on the banner screen.

It seems like I need to spend my gems for that stamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

My stamina has been overflowing the max when I level up though?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

glassyalabolas posted:

It seems like I need to spend my gems for that stamp.

Oh duh right guess that’s why they call it stamp with gems.

And yeah stamina overflows for me. Still good to drain your stam so you don’t lose out on regen.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Any reason to level up the lower rank monsters? I figure I should try to grind out some of the lower rank ones but there's a ton of them now.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Got a full team of S ranks now. My favorites so far are Prism Peacock and Royal Reptile. Just got Great Dragon, but it seems real good too.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

Any reason to level up the lower rank monsters? I figure I should try to grind out some of the lower rank ones but there's a ton of them now.

The battle road missions have specific monsters you can use, and all the ones I have seen so far need rank D-F guys so if you want to do those you'll need to put resources into them. I hit a wall pretty quick and I'm focusing on my main team for now. No idea what the optimal thing to do is!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If anyone hasn't discovered it yet in Priconne, the value of gacha tokens you get for repeated characters goes down as you buy more of their fragments. First 20 cost 1 each, then 2 each, and so on every 20 up to 80 after which they cost 5. So for example to get the 120 to go from 3 stars to 4 takes 400 tokens. Plan accordingly.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
They do at least warn you once you buy that increment.

Edit: :stare: Wow. How did I manage that?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 30, 2021

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
It's 1100 for a 3->5* and 1300 for 1->5*

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

New Leaf posted:

They do at least warn you once you buy that increment.

Edit: :stare: Wow. How did I manage that?

wtf m8

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Bruceski posted:

If anyone hasn't discovered it yet in Priconne, the value of gacha tokens you get for repeated characters goes down as you buy more of their fragments. First 20 cost 1 each, then 2 each, and so on every 20 up to 80 after which they cost 5. So for example to get the 120 to go from 3 stars to 4 takes 400 tokens. Plan accordingly.

This is also why people recommend saving universal shards for prifes or seasonal limited characters since every non-limited unit is farmable somewhere or will be in the future. And if you don't have enough universal shards to upgrade limited units, you're left with no options except to pull more on the gacha.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Where’s the goon princess connect discord link? I’m almost done with the story and decided I’m going to play this long term.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Liking DQ tact so far. I really dig this era of DQ character design and this game has a ton of characters at launch. Like I get a weird slime and instead of being like oh drat it's a slime, I'm like sick that's a cool lookin slime. Battle road being 0 stamina and forced character restrictions also has you experimenting a lot if you want to play beyond your stamina limits which is cool. Gacha is also pretty generous for newcomers at least.

Biggest problem so far is that the AI is terrible in a tactics game. Auto will have your mons just going to the closest dude and wailing on him, even if it cuts off your other characters' route to attack, and then they'll all line up to get AOEd to death. Fine now but if stuff gets more challenging I don't want to have to manually fight everything

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Are the DQ Tact weeklies not adding up for everyone or am I misunderstanding how they work? Reset is in 12 hours and I am 4 dailies short on one mission and a login day short on the other.

I've been working on battle road grinding because I hit a wall around the 8000 mark in the story, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it not only got me ranked, but I am also now in the top 250 in total combat power. I've peaked.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Because the game launched mid week, you get unobtainable weeklies until a full week.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

The ability to reroll continuously on your initial reroll without having to remake your account is probably the greatest feature in DQ Tact.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

sailormoon posted:

The ability to reroll continuously on your initial reroll without having to remake your account is probably the greatest feature in DQ Tact.

As a heads up, this is actually not the best way to play the system. The game has a data delete function and skips the entire tutorial if you delete and restart, so it only takes ~1min to reroll on the normal non-repeat banner. You reroll that until you get a decent roll, THEN on your next pull (which wont take long at all with how generous it is with gems early one) go hog fuckin wild on the repeat banner. So basically you get 2 unlimited rerolls and can really hunt for dupes on your primary dude, depending on if you're going magic or phys

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

someone made a nifty farming guide so you can catch them all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ouus1WJveZ-1C4jUUoYvfk6duqNqf85Hl7iEGPj1sx0/htmlview#gid=1597667582

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
DQ Tact has a pretty solid paid gems beginner pack, but it's a bit hidden - Swap Shop -> Special -> Set Item, the beginner set (bonus gold) for 100 gems, which is a dollar. Comes with 30k gold, 50 gold XP scrolls, and a pile of skip tickets. Nothing huge, but for a dollar it's a good way to get off the ground in bulking up and awakening some of your new dudes.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

We got a discord for DQ Tact yet?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I rerolled trying for Makoto cuz I heard she's extremely good but I got Jun and monika, should I keep rerolling for Makoto?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Makoto is much harder to farm than Monika or Jun (altho Jun isn't farmable yet I think), since her shards only come from a monthly event, where Monika comes from Arena, and Jun eventually gets added as hard mode stage.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Makoto is much harder to farm than Monika or Jun (altho Jun isn't farmable yet I think), since her shards only come from a monthly event, where Monika comes from Arena, and Jun eventually gets added as hard mode stage.

lol good luck farming enough jun shards from a hard node

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I also have saren, so I have 3 3*. I just wanna make sure I don't regret not rerolling for makoto, so I wanna see what goons have to say about my heroes.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

beaner69 posted:

I also have saren, so I have 3 3*. I just wanna make sure I don't regret not rerolling for makoto, so I wanna see what goons have to say about my heroes.

Jun is probably the best tank to take into boss battles, because she has a defense down debuff. And is probably generally the most solid tank overall for PvE. Monika has some nice buffs that people tend to like more for PvP than PvE, but I think she's still good for PvE. Kinda sucks against single targets like a boss fight, since her ult is an AoE. Saren is a TP battery. One of the best TP batteries in the game, but currently there aren't many characters that can take huge advantage of that. I started the game with Saren as my guarantee and she's currently benched as I make my way through the current last chapter of story in the game. When Illya comes out in the future, no exaggeration, Saren + Illya will carry you to Rank 1 in PvP

For progressing in story and even PvP, your triple 3* account is better than starting with Makoto. However, the hardest content in the game is bosses and Makoto is the best boss killer in the game. That's the reason people say to reroll for Makoto. Clan Battle is a competition among all Clans to see who can kill the most bosses. To rank high in Clan Battle, Makoto is pretty much mandatory.

Events also tend to have bosses, but since you aren't in a sweaty competition for rank with other players, Makoto isn't required for events as long as you have a team strong enough to kill bosses without her. It's just a little harder to actually build said team without her.

If any of that sounds appealing to you at all, keep rerolling for Makoto. If not, start the game with the 3*'s that you have.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Trihugger posted:

Jun is probably the best tank to take into boss battles, because she has a defense down debuff. And is probably generally the most solid tank overall for PvE. Monika has some nice buffs that people tend to like more for PvP than PvE, but I think she's still good for PvE. Kinda sucks against single targets like a boss fight, since her ult is an AoE. Saren is a TP battery. One of the best TP batteries in the game, but currently there aren't many characters that can take huge advantage of that. I started the game with Saren as my guarantee and she's currently benched as I make my way through the current last chapter of story in the game. When Illya comes out in the future, no exaggeration, Saren + Illya will carry you to Rank 1 in PvP

For progressing in story and even PvP, your triple 3* account is better than starting with Makoto. However, the hardest content in the game is bosses and Makoto is the best boss killer in the game. That's the reason people say to reroll for Makoto. Clan Battle is a competition among all Clans to see who can kill the most bosses. To rank high in Clan Battle, Makoto is pretty much mandatory.

Events also tend to have bosses, but since you aren't in a sweaty competition for rank with other players, Makoto isn't required for events as long as you have a team strong enough to kill bosses without her. It's just a little harder to actually build said team without her.

If any of that sounds appealing to you at all, keep rerolling for Makoto. If not, start the game with the 3*'s that you have.

I'm curious - what do your team's look like currently? Saren was my starting character too, but I'm not sure who I'd bench her for.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

New Leaf posted:

I'm curious - what do your team's look like currently? Saren was my starting character too, but I'm not sure who I'd bench her for.

Some combination of these 7 characters: Miyako, Jun, Akino, Djeeta, Yukari, Suzuna, Chika. Saren used to go where Suzuna or Yukari go now. I bought Yukari shards with Dungeon currency to get her to 2*. The reason I don't use Yui is because I haven't gotten enough shards to 2* her. And she really sucks at 1*. Akino is actually great for early game, but she scales horribly, so I know that she's not here long term. She's already starting to get cut from the team. I also have Karyl at Rank 5 and used her for clearing the EXP Grotto stage and those stupid stone dinosaurs in story that barely take damage from physical attacks.

My team isn't great for PvP and can't even make it to the boss in Very Hard Dungeon. I got Ninon when pulling for Jun, so I'll probably try a Saren + Ninon combo. Don't know how well it'll work. Also going to raise Mitsuki as a Makoto substitute and probably Tamaki for some mage sniping utility.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Irritated Goat posted:

Amazingly, I feel like I'm slowing down on PriConn progress. Around 3-5, my tank started to die. Granted, she's only rank 3 so :shrug: I may switch to Chiyo for healing though cause Yukari isn't cutting it.

I just started playing this too, and am kind of fumbling around trying to figure things out; my tank was also getting splattered constantly until I added additional healing/support (now they only get splatted some of the times).

My 3 star was Rino (oops), so the team I'm rolling with is Yuki and Chika in the back, Yukari (upgraded to 2 stars) in the middle, and Eriko and Miyako in the front. If anyone has suggestions on who I can switch around (2 star or less at the moment, I only have the one 3 star) I'd be happy for the advice.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Persona 5 is appearing in yet another gacha game (this time, it's Draglia Lost),but has yet to get its own gacha game.

I wonder how much money Atlus is making off of the fees to add P5 characters to other gacha games...

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Dragon Quest event themed around DQ1 begins tomorrow.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

glassyalabolas posted:

Dragon Quest event themed around DQ1 begins tomorrow.

Sounds cool. Hope I'm lucky enough to pull a dragonlord to put next to my wight king for some magic shenanigans

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Opening movie for Nier gacha game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dy3tI6OfU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Big trees in Final Fantasy IX!

https://www.twitch.tv/goldplatedgames

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What am I missing here?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

MarcusSA posted:

What am I missing here?

...That I had this tab open instead of the streaming thread. :doh:

IGNORE ME

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man the daily gem pack in princess connect is probably the best I’ve ever seen. The actual gems are just barely worth but double dungeon drops are amazing for advancing your account.

Without beating the boss I get a ton of silver equipment I don’t have to bother grinding for and ~2400 which was enough to get nozumi in a little over a week.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Trihugger posted:

There are some ways to play around that roll on CB since you can do something like saren battery on borrowed makoto on one team for pseudo double shred, Jun + borrowed makoto for a second team, and mitsuki (if you rolled her and need a third team) + borrowed makoto on the last one. They aren't strictly ideal compositions and leave you more dependent on clan supports, but it's workable at least. The three 3* rolled are generally good, though monika is mostly a PvP unit.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
oh shoot I didn't realize that ticket event quest in DQ was a daily thing

my pulls :negative:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

The DQ1 event didn't go live with the daily reset today, so, uhhhhh stay tuned and don't fire off your saved gems yet I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

The DQ1 event didn't go live with the daily reset today, so, uhhhhh stay tuned and don't fire off your saved gems yet I guess?

(PST)!