Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Acerbatus posted:

Was thinking of giving a honkai a shot again, anyone know when the event with asuka ends and how much work it is to get her? Not sure if she's on rateup or a freebie or what.

You'll probably have enough time to buy her, but not enough to buy out the rest of the shop. She's technically free, but you can't actually use her until you get enough pieces to create her whole form.

She has a rate up banner since the game's about raising characters to higher levels (SS is generally the max you should get), and her weapon is on rate up as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tae posted:

You'll probably have enough time to buy her, but not enough to buy out the rest of the shop. She's technically free, but you can't actually use her until you get enough pieces to create her whole form.

She has a rate up banner since the game's about raising characters to higher levels (SS is generally the max you should get), and her weapon is on rate up as well.

I haven't done much of H3I so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, thanks for the heads up.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can anyone recommend a newer or really busy collector/gacha that has a combat system and general gameplay flow similar to Creature Quest?

it's the only type of mobile game I ever got really hooked on, I liked the element system, the combo dot randomness on monsters (by using a monster attack the color of a combo dot, it boosted that creature's attack that round) and the faux PVP of building your monster tower and stacking it with tough to beat groupings of monsters

hopefully has portrait mode and a fast/simple combat system and isn't too evil w/r/t monetization (i don't mind kicking a few bucks once in a while for cool extras)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Does anyone know of any good resources for Romancing SaGa re:Universe? I've been poking around with it and while free summons have drowned me in cool SS-rank units from SaGa games I like, I have no idea where to even begin with building a team or what sorts of things I should be looking for in a good unit to use or anything like that.

wait I just noticed there's a thread for this, please disregard

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Slime Event is live now. Lot's of slimes and two metal slime dailies.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Who should I use my iridescent orb on to get to S5?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Who should I use my iridescent orb on to get to S5?

Save it. Some event is coming in a month or 2 that puts out characters that beat everything else into the ground. I get the feeling power creep gets bad.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Killing Machine is always relevant, I'd drop it there.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Just as a reminder, Princess Connect EN's huge loving giveaway of rolls and other bullshit began today, and you need to log in each day to get ten pull tickets. If you log in every day until the 14th you're going to get 100 roll, which is rather a lot and shouldn't be missed if you're interested in the game at all.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao at dokkan battle making GBS threads up another big update/maintenance.

Hey free stones though!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Priconne players, we're getting more freebies! 3,500 free gems for 2mil downloads! If you've had the game open you may need to close and log back in to claim.

Lib and let die posted:

lmao at dokkan battle making GBS threads up another big update/maintenance.

Hey free stones though!

What happened this time? I had to quit that game, it was like a bad drug addiction.. I tried to go back earlier this year and immediately started spending money, it knows how to get its hooks in me.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Priconne players, we're getting more freebies! 3,500 free gems for 2mil downloads! If you've had the game open you may need to close and log back in to claim.

What happened this time? I had to quit that game, it was like a bad drug addiction.. I tried to go back earlier this year and immediately started spending money, it knows how to get its hooks in me.

New app version, scheduled maintenance ended at about 10 am this morning, went back down about an hour later saying it'll be back at 5pm (I presume PST)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think im done with dragonquest tactics

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I think im done with dragonquest tactics

whiffed on slionheart?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

whiffed on slionheart?

Too much grinding.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I also gave up on DQ Tact a while back so I'm totally Gacha-free at the moment. The only one I'm even looking forward to right now is Disagaea RPG in April, and I know that one had some issues during their JP release so I'm at best cautiously optimistic.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
DRPG seems to have their stuff together since then. You can expect auto-battles at 4X speed without needing a subscription and a prison for the thousands of prinnies you will accumulate.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Woo hoo

I know need to charge

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

ugh, you turd. I've completed the card twice and still no slime

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys are crazy blowing your coins on a slime when that DQIII super unit will be coming up. Unless your spending money then whale away.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Good Citizen posted:

I also gave up on DQ Tact a while back so I'm totally Gacha-free at the moment. The only one I'm even looking forward to right now is Disagaea RPG in April, and I know that one had some issues during their JP release so I'm at best cautiously optimistic.

I just found out today that DRPG is not a SRPG and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

jabro posted:

You guys are crazy blowing your coins on a slime when that DQIII super unit will be coming up. Unless your spending money then whale away.

Needed him to beat the event battle road man lol

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Needed him to beat the event battle road man lol

I'll admit I whaled way too hard and still didn't get him

edit: nvm just got him

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 15, 2021

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Who else is ready to start DUMPIN GEMZ????

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

probably gonna sit this one out, spent way too much getting slion

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Ghostnuke posted:

probably gonna sit this one out, spent way too much getting slion

Yeah I was planning on sitting it out except for the free tickets and stuff

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Been saving all my free gems for this event. 40k ready to be unleashed.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I stumbled on a game called Final Fate today on BlueStacks. Anyone else tried it? Looks like a TD game, tutorial feels alright (compared to the straight up AFK Arena ripoff that was ML Adventure), but I don't want to spend money on it before checking in (and ideally not spend at all, but early deals tend to be good value)

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Did 8 10-pulls for Zoma, got 0 S-Ranks. This gacha is absolutely brutal.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Got Zoma on my 7th pull. Got Boss Troll on the pull right before. Not going to say how many S ranks I got in those 7 pulls so the above poster doesn't commit suicide.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I got Great Troll, Boss Troll and Zoma. Not gonna say how many pulls so that poster doesn't commit seppuku.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I got a PP dupe on my guaranteed S pull. No zoma anywhere else yet.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

glassyalabolas posted:

I got Great Troll, Boss Troll and Zoma. Not gonna say how many pulls so that poster doesn't commit seppuku.

Eh, gacha's gonna be what it's gonna be. I did another gem pull and 10 tickets and still no S Ranks. I know the guaranteed S Rank on my next pull will be a dupe Night Clubber or something. I do have that Boss Troll at max Awakening, for what that's worth. My partner also did eight pulls so far, got some dupe S Ranks, but no Zoma.

It's super annoying, but it's not (yet) enough to make me uninstall it. End of the day, the real content is in the Battle Roads and main story where I don't need the high level stuff. The localization is extremely good, and that's what's worth it to me. I just also would like to play as DQ bosses while I do it...

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I paid for the guaranteed s rank banner and got zoma and the troll in one go.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The upcoming Disgaea RPG is coming out in a week and hit most pre-reg milestones.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

The upcoming Disgaea RPG is coming out in a week and hit most pre-reg milestones.

I can’t wait for it. I really hope it’s good.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Disgaea RPG coming out later today. You can install it now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I might be the last one to do it, but I uninstalled Priconne today. I was sub-leader in my scrappy little guild, I was consistently top 200 in both styles of PVP (probably could have been higher if I bothered), had all but 2 characters - 1 I sorta cared about and 1 I didn't.. and all that essentially FTP. It's really easy game to spend nothing on. Then they opened a new chapter with new equipment and new character tiers and I was like gently caress man, I feel like I just did this grind last month, and it's not like it changes anything, it just makes my numbers higher. The characters are enchanting and fun, the localization is genuinely great, but I just can't give a poo poo. I am looking forward to the next season of the anime, though, so I guess thanks to the game for introducing me to the world. I'm in a real mobile gaming slump right now. Hopefully Disgaea is good but I only ever partially played one of their games back on PSP way back in college so I don't have any nostalgia factor.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Priconne's numbers game is getting a bit silly on the JP side.

https://twitter.com/arukintoto/status/1381482835836473347?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Priconne's numbers game is getting a bit silly on the JP side.

https://twitter.com/arukintoto/status/1381482835836473347?s=19

Yeah, that's exponential growth at work.
That said, that specific case wasn't intended, so they already took down the fight to make that no longer possible.

New Year Kyaru works like this: Whenever she uses her UB, her attack increases based on how much damage she just did.
This has no upper limit and people have optimized their parties to get her to fire it off as often as possible.
The new boss uses a "remove all buffs" skill every 15-ish seconds specifically counter that....but it turns out that that skill didn't actually affect her for some reason :v:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 12, 2021