Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I've played E7 since the start and 7DS is like a 3D version of it's gameplay with good systems out of the box. Let's see if they're as greedy as slimegate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What about rerolling. How important?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zotix posted:

According to reddit (🙄) not super important or even needed. You can if you want but I didn’t even bother.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
A couple of the starting units are fairly high tier. The tier list I looked at shows we don't even have several of the current SS-tier units in Global yet. I feel absurdly overpowered for every bit of content I've hit so far but I'm sure I'll hit a roadblock at some point.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Had to close 7DS mid-fight for another app and when I restarted it the game prompted me to return to my interrupted battle.

I’m a gacha amateur but this feature is new to me. Welcome to 2020.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Zotix posted:

Rerolling can be fairly easy or hard depending on what you're aiming for.
The initial roll will always give you a SSR unit from their intro multi: there's two very good ones to help your initial progress.

However, if you want a 'good to great' reroll, you should aim to get 2 or maybe even 3 SSR to start. You are given enough currency (at least right now) to do another multi almost immediately after the first but this one has nothing guaranteed.

There's plenty of guides on reddit/discord but i just use this site that was made by some of the discord people and seems to be updated quite often: https://www.sdsgc.gg/guides/rerolling

e: obviously the rerolling 'easiness' also depends if you'll reroll on your mobile device or have some emulator setup on a pc that allows you do several rerolls at same time.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
you should reroll for green Melodias, there's a reason he's $39.99 in the cash shop

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Phyresis posted:

you should reroll for green Melodias, there's a reason he's $39.99 in the cash shop

Nah, he's entirely skippable. I made it through the story without him. If I had to pick one SSR, it'd be blue slater. The only reason green meliodas is helpful for the story is most stages force you to use some version of him (for story reasons) and he's the best version of him available. But you can just use the free blue version if you have another unit to carry the stage (like blue slater).

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I've had a lot of downtime at work so I already beat the current story on 7ds and I only pulled the 1 time you were forced to at the start, have over 200 diamonds and a bunch of draw tickets saved without spending a cent.

I'm assuming new banners will make me happy I saved and if I find out otherwise I'll dump them on whatever before I get bored and stop playing.

Seems extremely f2p friendly up to this point and like rerolling would have just wasted time.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

CompeAnansi posted:

Nah, he's entirely skippable. I made it through the story without him. If I had to pick one SSR, it'd be blue slater. The only reason green meliodas is helpful for the story is most stages force you to use some version of him (for story reasons) and he's the best version of him available. But you can just use the free blue version if you have another unit to carry the stage (like blue slater).

The chapters that have been unlocked so far are pretty easy and you don't need green Mel to beat them. It kind of ramps up near the end and I hear it gets harder in later chapters. Slater is probably the best thing on the banner overall and there are a few other pretty strong SSRs but none of these are going to be very relevant shortly. I haven't done any summons past the forced tutorial 11-pull, only bought a maid outfit for Diane and a couple of weapons for King and Mel from the pop-up shop. And inventory slots, of course. Green Melodias is really good, though, and if you start with a total junk SSR you might struggle a bit more. Just depends on your reroll tolerance.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

I rerolled a few times for a 2-3 SSR tutorial pull and got Green Meli, Blue Gowther, and Green Jericho. I hardly use Meli but Gowther/Jericho/any debuffer is just steam rolling all PVP opponents.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

only real problem with blue Gowther is you can't run him with red Gowther, who is basically the best unit in the game

In KR/JP, red Gowther was added to the SSR coin shop relatively soon. I've been saving my diamonds to go hard on the next meta banner, the red Helbram banner might be very soon and he just destroys in pvp. The plan is to get some SSR dupes in order to have enough coins for Gowther when he rotates in. Of course, our banner schedule looks vastly different from the original KR/JP schedule, so there is a ton of uncertainty involved. Either way there are some very strong units coming out eventually so it only makes even more sense to save.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 7, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This game actually runs really well on my MBP under blue stacks (not plugged in so no dedicated GPU)

It murders my 11 pro max battery life.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Just started 7DS and I don't know what I should be doing.

There's like banners with only a couple of days to go, the main quest, side quests and then all the other side quests that pop up with the other side quests.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Just started 7DS and I don't know what I should be doing.

There's like banners with only a couple of days to go, the main quest, side quests and then all the other side quests that pop up with the other side quests.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie there is a lot going on.

Just pull once and see which SSR you get and I'd hoard your gems for a bit.

Just work through what you can because there is a lot of stuff to do.

Verosa
Apr 3, 2010
I'm really enjoying 7DS so far, I've made it through to chapter 5 so far with no issues with just the starting blue Meliodas and green Hawk & Elizabeth and picked up the blue King and red Ban (as sub) from the quests. The team works ok for the most part but doesn't really have any synergy other than Hawk debuffing the targets for Melio.

Are guilds a thing in this game? I've not seen any mention of them, but some of the UI is hidden deep in sub menus. I've just unlocked the co op raids so assumed that these would be a thing that worked well with guilds rather than just inviting randoms along.

Friend code is 220388292 if anyone wants to join in on co op raids sometime.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Verosa posted:

Are guilds a thing in this game? I've not seen any mention of them, but some of the UI is hidden deep in sub menus. I've just unlocked the co op raids so assumed that these would be a thing that worked well with guilds rather than just inviting randoms along.

Friend code is 220388292 if anyone wants to join in on co op raids sometime.
Guilds are coming at some point. Chapter 6 is apparently getting released tomorrow, so they are releasing content fast.

Also my friend code is 850952436

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

I decided I didn't want to go through the reroll nonsense but I ended up getting green melio anyway with my first pull. I'll be playing a decent amount in the evenings while at work. I added both of you and my friend code is 341604525.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Are we setting up a thread for this poo poo? I have so many questions..

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

New Leaf posted:

Are we setting up a thread for this poo poo? I have so many questions..

Someone should, but I'm lazy. Loving the game so far, playing non stop.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Mugaaz posted:

Someone should, but I'm lazy. Loving the game so far, playing non stop.
So Guilds came out with Chapter 6. Didn't have a chance to look into them before work, but if someone wants to set one up let us know.

Verosa
Apr 3, 2010

Presteign posted:

So Guilds came out with Chapter 6. Didn't have a chance to look into them before work, but if someone wants to set one up let us know.

Looking at the patch notes on https://www.sdsgc.gg/patch it looks like Chapter 6 needs to be completed to unlock them. I don't know if that's just to create it, or if its needed to join too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Verosa posted:

Looking at the patch notes on https://www.sdsgc.gg/patch it looks like Chapter 6 needs to be completed to unlock them. I don't know if that's just to create it, or if its needed to join too.

Probably for both. I’m only up to chapter 4 and I don’t see the option to even make one yet.

I’m off work today so if I get a chance to grind up that far I can make one.

I’m real lazy though so someone should really make a thread lol.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I'm working on unlocking Knighthoods right now and I will have the guild up soonish. Do not pull on this Merlin banner, it is not good. I did, but you shouldn't.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Phyresis posted:

I'm working on unlocking Knighthoods right now and I will have the guild up soonish. Do not pull on this Merlin banner, it is not good. I did, but you shouldn't.

Well poo poo, I pulled enough to trigger the free SSR so I guess I’ll do that then not bother.

How does everyone know who is good and who isn’t? Is there a site somewhere? I’m still figuring the nuances out in this game.

Verosa
Apr 3, 2010

Whoreson Welles posted:

Well poo poo, I pulled enough to trigger the free SSR so I guess I’ll do that then not bother.

How does everyone know who is good and who isn’t? Is there a site somewhere? I’m still figuring the nuances out in this game.

There's a list on here: https://www.sdsgc.gg/tier

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Oh noooo Hendrickson is bad? I got him to UR. Oh well, he’s still neat.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Verosa posted:

There's a list on here: https://www.sdsgc.gg/tier

Just my 2c, but I've found the tierlist less than useless. It is not the tier lists fault, but more that this is really a game where most units are insanely good in one area and provides very little value outside of it. Here is my opinion of top performing units at specific roles right now:

Autoplay PvE grinding: SR Green Elizabeth-Hawk > SSR Red Howzer > SR Green Weinhardt
Manual PvE grinding: SR Green Elizabeth-Hawk > SSR Blue Skinny King > SSR Red Howzer > SR Green Weinhardt

Red Demon CC: SR Green Gustaf > SSR Merlin* > > > > SSR Blue King > > SSR Green Meli (for ult stun)
(Merlin is better, but all you need is the CC, not the damage. SSR pendants are too valuable at this point to spend on this)
Red Demon DPS: SR Red Elizabeth-Hawk > SSR Blue Slader > > > > > > > > Blue SR Meli
Red Demon Buffs : SR Green Gilthunder / SSR Green Helbram* (Gilthunder is slightly better and SR, but unlike the Gustaf/Merlin situation, you want both in a group and you can't stack buffs from the same unit).
Red Demon Sub unit : SR Green Kain after you get his passive

PvP Backline: SR Green Gilthunder for his passive, there are some other backline units good for specific comps, but Gil works with anything.
PvP Frontline: SSR Blue skinny King, I wouldn't invest in anyone else yet strictly for PvP, just use whatever you have built units you already have better PvP specific units are released to build specialized teams.

The only characters I've found to be good in multiple game modes so far are SSR Blue skinny King and SR Green Gilthunder. I would prioritize your autoplay PvE farming team first, it enables you to get access to important resources earlier so you can start powering up everything quicker. SR/SSR pendants are the ultimate roadblock in this game, do everything possible to not waste them on units until you absolutely need them for a specific function. Taking some random SR/SSR unit to UR, only to not use them much is the biggest mistake you can make.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The only Gacha I play regularly anymore is Dokkan Battle. I tried Dragonball Legends and Brave Exius, but just kinda fell out of them.

I will give 7DS a shot

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

7DS looks great in bluestacks in landscape mode. Definitely makes things feel less cramped.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

i beat the last Hendrickson hours ago but i don't have a good and funny guild name for us

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IMO it should be something anime titty related because lol @ the boobs in this horny game.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Adding to the 7DS tier list, don't sleep on Freesia in PVP. Her tier 1 base skill increases all enemies damage taken by 20%, she has all-target poison, and ultimate does 20% max HP for 3 turns. If your opponent has less than 60% HP they lose in 3 turns, less if you stack the poison and potentially another DOT.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Just finished chapter 6 and still haven't spent any of my diamonds other than some inventory space, I'm hoarding over 500 already.

Really hope the next banner is worth going for and that someone less lazy than me creates a guild and a thread. Having a ton of fun with this game without spending anything.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

great big cardboard tube posted:

Just finished chapter 6 and still haven't spent any of my diamonds other than some inventory space, I'm hoarding over 500 already.

Really hope the next banner is worth going for and that someone less lazy than me creates a guild and a thread. Having a ton of fun with this game without spending anything.

Just my 2c, but the value of summons right now is getting the SRs you need. It doesnt matter who the banner is on, everyone needs to get Red/Green Lizhawk, Gustaf, Green Gilthunder, Green Caine, etc. On top of that, there is a ton of value in the gold coins for SR medals to get your teams going.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

From what I've read won't all those same SRs still be in the later banners though? I've been stockpiling all the upgrade mats as well so I figured I'd just collect those and catch them up while shooting for a better SSR unit once there's a nice banner.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured I'd try it, but the 7DS game crashes as soon as I load it up in bluestacks. It did the same with Arkknights but no issues with Raid.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I figured I'd try it, but the 7DS game crashes as soon as I load it up in bluestacks. It did the same with Arkknights but no issues with Raid.

It works fine for me. Are you on the latest version? I had to redownload it because BS wouldn’t update.

The game looks gorgeous in bluestacks.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
What did you all use for the last last last last last two fights against Hendrickson in Ch 6?

Jesus this chapter is just dragging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MarcusSA posted:

It works fine for me. Are you on the latest version? I had to redownload it because BS wouldn’t update.

The game looks gorgeous in bluestacks.

Oh yea, BS isn't very good at being compatible when releasing a new version. I checked and its the latest version. I'll just reinstall Bluestacks.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 11, 2020