Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

What did you all use for the last last last last last two fights against Hendrickson in Ch 6?

Jesus this chapter is just dragging.

I used green mel/blue king/red ban/red liz in the sub slot for the passive healing for every single fight, I had to use food to eke out a slight CC advantage for the last few but only lost once on one stage and blew through otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Reinstalling Bluestacks didn't help. Still crashes as soon as the Netmarble screen shows up. Virtualization is on so i have no idea what the issue is. I guess I could install it on my tablet, but that thing rules current games really slowly.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MarcusSA posted:

IMO it should be something anime titty related because lol @ the boobs in this horny game.

To be fair, boobs are a fairly major focus in the anime too. 90% of the time if Elizabeth is on screen Meliodas is groping her.

What kind of storage are you guys going for? Diamonds don't seem to be in very short supply and I'm constantly at my storage caps. I've already spent a few but I wouldn't mind spending more to get to a comfortable spot.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 11, 2020

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
7DS owns. This is the only gacha game that has held my interest for more than a couple of days other than Fantasy War Tactics (RIP, gently caress you Nexon).

I just wish there were some QoL improvements like snoozing or disabling Death Match invites, a 4x speed option and how the energy system works. You cap energy too fast, so you constantly have to pick up your phone during the day if you don't want them to go to waste. I was thinking maybe increase time for energy to regen and decrease energy required per stage.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Secx posted:

I just wish there were some QoL improvements like snoozing or disabling Death Match invites,

There is, Options > Notifications. The other complaints are intentional, they want you playing the game all day.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Secx posted:

7DS owns. This is the only gacha game that has held my interest for more than a couple of days other than Fantasy War Tactics (RIP, gently caress you Nexon).

I just wish there were some QoL improvements like snoozing or disabling Death Match invites, a 4x speed option and how the energy system works. You cap energy too fast, so you constantly have to pick up your phone during the day if you don't want them to go to waste. I was thinking maybe increase time for energy to regen and decrease energy required per stage.

Having played a lot of the stamina mobile games I actually really like the fast energy recharge. It makes me feel like I don't actually need to play all day because any time I actually have to play I have a full bar. I can idle it in my pocket during meetings and I don't need to micromanage daily tasks because failure doesn't mean hours of wasted energy. I'm already drowning in energy potions plus you get a free potion every day just for cooking one dish so if I perchance have an extended play time I still have plenty of energy.

Too bad it eats so much battery!

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

I created Goonsquad Knighthood. Search for "Goonsquad". You need to have beaten chapter 6 before guild feature opens up.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Mugaaz posted:

Just my 2c, but I've found the tierlist less than useless. It is not the tier lists fault, but more that this is really a game where most units are insanely good in one area and provides very little value outside of it. Here is my opinion of top performing units at specific roles right now:

Autoplay PvE grinding: SR Green Elizabeth-Hawk > SSR Red Howzer > SR Green Weinhardt
Manual PvE grinding: SR Green Elizabeth-Hawk > SSR Blue Skinny King > SSR Red Howzer > SR Green Weinhardt

I'm curious why SR green Eli-Hawk over blue Diane for autoplay PvE grinding? You're the second person I've seen recommend that comp for autoplay grinding.

Both their skill 1 are single target and skill 2 AOE, but Eli-Hawk's ulti is single target while Diane's is AOE. Eli-Hawk's passive is just an HP increase which is arguably useless if you're PvE grinding on auto while Diane's makes her hit harder every turn.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

I created a thread for this game - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916966

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Nice, thank you friend!

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I created a Guild in Knighthood called "Guardians of Freedom". Not to be confused with Knighthood in Seven Deadly Sins.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I'm a poor, and my phone won't even let me download 7DS. What's the next best thing to scratch the gacha itch?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I'm a poor, and my phone won't even let me download 7DS. What's the next best thing to scratch the gacha itch?

Arknights

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Arknights, is good. If you care more about collecting shiny objects than gameplay, azur lane has slightly better shiny object collecting.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FFBE: War of Visions launches Wednesday. It's a tactics style game. It'll also probably be garbage.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zotix posted:

FFBE: War of Visions launches Wednesday. It's a tactics style game. It'll also probably be garbage.

The open beta for Romancing SaGa android also drops the same day.

I don't have an adroid device. Are emulators good now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

The open beta for Romancing SaGa android also drops the same day.

I don't have an adroid device. Are emulators good now?

Yes they are.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Zotix posted:

It's Gumi, so set your expectations real low.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Yes they are.

I got Bluestacks, we'll see if it works.

I'll transfe rmy account to my iphone when the game is out, if I can.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got Bluestacks, we'll see if it works.

I'll transfe rmy account to my iphone when the game is out, if I can.

Please let us know if it links to a Twitter account or email, I'm curious if I can do the same thing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It's Gumi, so set your expectations real low.

Yup, that's why I said that.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

I've been anticipating WoTV for over a year now. However, after starting 7DS a couple weeks ago, I don't see how WoTV is really going to compete. Still going to try it because I'm still held captive by old time FF nostalgia.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1241932210346680320

Looks like the SINoALICE devs got tired of Nexon's poo poo and are just going to localise the game themselves.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Romancing SaGa Re;Universe closed beta is up, it lasts for a month and data is deleted.

So I'm probably not gonna play it too much, but I'm still gonna try it. Downloading it on bluestacks.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I've been checking out RSRU today, too. Seems like it's got some of the QoL additions and features the Japanese version didn't get for a while, like being able to buy styles with pieces and costume/portrait selection. There's also a set of starter quests that give you a good healer and a decent number of tickets for free pulls, which is good because it took a long time for healers to be widely available in the original release. Guilds aren't in, though.

There's an ad roulette that wasn't in the Japanese version iirc- you can watch up to 6 ads a day for random quantities of gems (looks like it's 10-30 per). No crazy changes to systems/pull rates as far as I've seen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zotix posted:

Too many moving parts for me. You have the basic Tactics stuff of leveling and JP for skills, and then you can level those skills, and awaken your character, and class-up your character, and use equipment (but it's called "favorite equipment" for some reason), but that equipment needs to be leveled, and you need to gain proficiency with the equipment types by using it otherwise it LOWERS your stats... and that's after the third story mission, who knows what gets unlocked later.

And all those require different resources. I don't mind complex systems, I enjoy them in some contexts, but I need to be able to see how it fits together. From what I could comprehend this felt like gacha complexitiy on top of tactical complexity and I just couldn't figure out what was worth attention. Maybe it all clicked for someone else and they can comment on the actual game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

RSU owns, can't wait for the full release.

Guella Ha has a passive skill that gives you more gold: truly the bestest of bros.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm a huge SaGa Frontier fan and RSU is really fun so far. I'm super sad I won't be able to keep my stuff, cuz I rolled Blue right off the bat, and got S Gen and SS Fake Robin, the latter of which I don't know how I'm gonna live without because holy poo poo Mega Thrust is broken as hell and I love it. Blue can't hit for poo poo physically, but waveclearing with light magic is fun as hell.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm using both Hawke and Guella-Ha in my team, as it should be. I don't care that they're Silver and Bronze, they're my bros.

Edit: I should have taken a screenshot, but Gen calls Vardor a Rock Lobster.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 26, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wasn't sure how Romancing SaGa would transition to the mobile space (in English because I never played Imperial) but I'm loving this a lot. I'm also angry none of this carries over because I drew SS Gustav and that dude's Bear Crush for me is dealing 1000+ damage per hit, and I just know I'm not gonna get him again when full version launches. All this old music coming back is great, but the new battle tracks they cooked up are pretty phenomenal too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzNFkbFQ2Q

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ah! Polka literally communicates by Codec with Valdor, including green filter and frequencies.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a gacha game that looks, well, modern? I don't mean 3D graphics and all but all of the games I've seen look like the UI was cloned from a NES game and the UX matches that. FFBE, and to a smaller extent FFBEWOTL, suffer from this where navigating the actual UI is a chore. Even simple things like the "current events/banners" sections constantly having to LOADING and then resetting to the top of the page if you tap on a banner and tap the back button are pretty annoying.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a gacha game that looks, well, modern? I don't mean 3D graphics and all but all of the games I've seen look like the UI was cloned from a NES game and the UX matches that. FFBE, and to a smaller extent FFBEWOTL, suffer from this where navigating the actual UI is a chore. Even simple things like the "current events/banners" sections constantly having to LOADING and then resetting to the top of the page if you tap on a banner and tap the back button are pretty annoying.

Seven Deadly Sins and Epic 7 are both quite modern. Epic 7 is one of the best looking games out there.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

CompeAnansi posted:

Seven Deadly Sins and Epic 7 are both quite modern. Epic 7 is one of the best looking games out there.

Both of these games definitely look good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They're pretty much the best 2 gachas in general. Except that 7ds loving annihilates my battery.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’ll check out 7DS since it’s portrait mode and the other one isn’t.

I thought the 7DS: Whaling is a Sin thread was a general thread to complain about pay to win, cause of the title.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’ll check out 7DS since it’s portrait mode and the other one isn’t.

I thought the 7DS: Whaling is a Sin thread was a general thread to complain about pay to win, cause of the title.

7DS is really good and pretty.

It’s very currency friendly too.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Epic Seven is the "best" phone game I have played. Played from day 1 of global launch until a few weeks ago when I was bored of it, but I never spent any money and at one (very brief) point I was #6 on the pvp ladder so I think its pretty fair if you are f2p.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Epic Seven is the "best" phone game I have played. Played from day 1 of global launch until a few weeks ago when I was bored of it, but I never spent any money and at one (very brief) point I was #6 on the pvp ladder so I think its pretty fair if you are f2p.

I REALLY liked e7, and the production values are insane. However, there is absolutely nothing fun to do in the end game. Every end game activity to me was the absolute most boring stuff ever. I don't mind grinding, but there was just nothing fun about the grind in it. The only part I liked was the end-game dungeon and the story based grind events, but that wasn't enough for me to sustain interest. Amazing looking game, but I need more weekly recurring content than that. FFBE had the same problem, where all the repeatable end-game content, except story events was the exact same poo poo ad-nauseum and did everything possible to make you lost interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

PVP was my end game and I achieved it, so for me I "beat" the game. Doing Hell Raid every week was quite a chore, and as a f2p I wasn't getting enough molagora to really build new units because I had to invest everything in my pvp guys. I got maybe 1 gear upgrade a month that was an actual drop or crafted, any other gear upgrades were from hell raid shop or static gear from events. I really hope they can do something else with the IP because I enjoyed the story and the characters a lot. Its a great waifu/husbando game since every character gets fleshed out in the various side stories.