Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I guess powercreep doesn’t bother me as much as I mainly play PvE where OP units aren’t generally going to be an issue for experiencing and enjoying the story.

Unless the game designer decides they need to up the difficulty so that players with said OP units don’t have it too easy, leaving those without said units struggling. I don’t think I’ve encountered that yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i think pvp is ok if they manage to balance units in a way where being good in pvp doesnt mean good in all stages of content

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

theblackw0lf posted:

I guess powercreep doesn’t bother me as much as I mainly play PvE where OP units aren’t generally going to be an issue for experiencing and enjoying the story.

Unless the game designer decides they need to up the difficulty so that players with said OP units don’t have it too easy, leaving those without said units struggling. I don’t think I’ve encountered that yet though.

This is apparently a big issue for Another Eden.
Although there are a few free farmable characters / alts on par with the giga powercreep units I think?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cheap Trick posted:

Which is fine by me, since whenever PVP rears its head in a gacha game, I interact with it as little as possible (e.g. doing 3 matches in Epic Seven for daily requirements).

Speaking of CounterSide, I may post a thread for it around launch time, workload permitting

Looks like CounterSide is launching on may 27. I’ll definitely be in day one as well since I liked that one.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

whys it so rare for a game to be like all the servers on the same level anyway?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Because it's a lot more work to arrange translation and localization and get server hosts and customer support teams etc etc in other countries.

If you're making a low-budget game it makes a lot of sense to only release it in your home country first. Then if it's successful enough you maybe start thinking about a global version. But then at that point global is gonna be 6 months or a year behind the first server. You could speedrun through all the events and new content etc to get the new server caught up with the old one, but that's not always a good idea, e.g. players might burn out if you're constantly adding new content that they'll have to level up more to take on or more temporary events to farm or new gear to grind for etc etc, and you're doing it at 2x the update speed you had on the original server.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A new game called Artery Gear just launched today globally. Only just finished installing it, seems pretty neat so far from what I've seen. The art is pretty cool, if you've played Xenosaga, think KOSMOS, but also some Nier Automatica.

Something important I have with keeping with gatchas is how easy is it to figure out the mechanics. Do i have to read a ton of guides and watch a ton of youtube videos to understand how it works? No? Then good. Like Azur Lane, all of its mechanics are pretty simple. Level characters, put gear on them, level the gear. That's how you progress. Oh there are combos that are better than others but in generally as long as you keep improving the shipgirls in the ways that are obvious you're good.

The only game i play that I kinda care about PVP is Brave Nine. Mostly because I have this insanely deep and powerful roster and by logic i should be able to get high in the rankings but I can't climb any higher. Oh well, the important thing is the weekly rewards, as its the best way to get some of premium currency. If i wanted to be better in other games, I know i'd have to pay the big bux to get those super rare characters maxed out.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

twistedmentat posted:

A new game called Artery Gear just launched today globally. Only just finished installing it, seems pretty neat so far from what I've seen. The art is pretty cool, if you've played Xenosaga, think KOSMOS, but also some Nier Automatica.

I went to check it out but it looks like it's been taken down from the play store?

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Generous is such a loaded loving term with gacha that it just makes me even more weary tbh
Arknights has been mentioned a few times above but I think their design principle is “We’ve given you almost everything..but wouldn’t you want to have absolutely everything?” in order to appeal to your sense of completeness. With just the monthly card I have pretty much every meta unit, but then again, AK is a PVE game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Artery gear is supposed to be doing a "closed" beta test, not the official launch. Progress will get wiped. (Not sure why they always call it closed beta when it's clearly an open beta though...)
Anyone with the apk can play. But the CBT is supposed to start tomorrow, the 17th. They must have accidentally put it up on the play store too early and then tried to take it down again.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Edit: ^lmao, thanks

Uncle Khasim posted:

Arknights has been mentioned a few times above but I think their design principle is “We’ve given you almost everything..but wouldn’t you want to have absolutely everything?” in order to appeal to your sense of completeness. With just the monthly card I have pretty much every meta unit, but then again, AK is a PVE game.

Arknights also gets some monetization in through cute, limited time availability costumes. I have absolutely bought costumes for Operators I don't have because if I ever pull them I would want their cute costume.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Artery gear is supposed to be doing a "closed" beta test, not the official launch. Progress will get wiped. (Not sure why they always call it closed beta when it's clearly an open beta though...)
Anyone with the apk can play. But the CBT is supposed to start tomorrow, the 17th. They must have accidentally put it up on the play store too early and then tried to take it down again.

heres the apk if anyone wants to give it a shot
https://apkdownload.com/down_Artery-Gear-Fusion/com.bilibilien.arterygear.html

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

huh, the autobattle allows you to individually change the skill and target priorities by character. I haven't seen that before and it's kinda cool

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
I saw there was a spot in the dislyte club so I applied again.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
They aged Chang Pu up to 18 from 15 because people were being gross. 🤮

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Pedophilia solved

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
They did that in Priconne too. Think the entire cast aged up 2-3 years.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Dropped out of the Dislyte club. I think I went too hard on it last week while work was slow and burned myself out.

Still, not a bad game and has good style and characters but turn-based gachas just aren’t my style these days no matter how hard I try to get into them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh neat, Artery gear does give you unlimited summons but yuo can only keep one set. I pulled a bunch of SRs and an SSR from my first pull and just kept that.

I was thinking about Gatcha PVP, and the best ones give decent rewards for just participating, but even the top tier players don't get that much more.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Artery Gear's infinite reroll pool is restricted to a subset of all the characters though and doesn't contain the apparently most broken unit at launch. (4* Alice, a support who can give bonus turns to your DPS of choice.) It's nice though that some of the best characters are 3* or 4* rarity still.

Many of the characters are directly cloned from Epic7 (which I haven't played) with the exact same abilities and cooldowns, so they'll probably seem familiar to anyone who's played that?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Artery Gear's infinite reroll pool is restricted to a subset of all the characters though and doesn't contain the apparently most broken unit at launch. (4* Alice, a support who can give bonus turns to your DPS of choice.) It's nice though that some of the best characters are 3* or 4* rarity still.

Many of the characters are directly cloned from Epic7 (which I haven't played) with the exact same abilities and cooldowns.

You also get one SSR guaranteed. Best move seems to be to get a decently powerful SSR and Roko and then whatever else. Roko is great for her rarity and is def in the infinite pool. Maybe one healer?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Good Citizen posted:

You also get one SSR guaranteed. Best move seems to be to get a decently powerful SSR and Roko and then whatever else. Roko is great for her rarity and is def in the infinite pool. Maybe one healer?

Here's what I've seen JP players suggesting about the infinite reroll pool:
  • Definitely for the 3* Grace. She has an aoe nuke that resets cd on kill so she is apparently one of the best characters in the game for farming easy stuff. You get a free 5* (Shinobu) with similar AOE power, but she's a lot more expensive to upgrade skills etc on due to her higher base rarity.
  • Roko is another good 3* due to her ability to stack %-max-hp damage against tough bosses.
  • For 5*, they say Ginga is the best early on due to her strength in one of the PvE gear-farming bossfights (similar to E7's Wyvern Hunt? She is a clone of E7's Sigret)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Here's what I've seen JP players suggesting about the infinite reroll pool:
  • Definitely for the 3* Grace. She has an aoe nuke that resets cd on kill so she is apparently one of the best characters in the game for farming easy stuff. You get a free 5* (Shinobu) with similar AOE power, but she's a lot more expensive to upgrade skills etc on due to her higher base rarity.
  • Roko is another good 3* due to her ability to stack %-max-hp damage against tough bosses.
  • For 5*, they say Ginga is the best early on due to her strength in one of the PvE gear-farming bossfights (similar to E7's Wyvern Hunt? She is a clone of E7's Sigret)

Note you can also get a free top tier 5* from the Asura event that's going on during the CBT. You'll need to farm 600 of the event currency but that is pretty doable if you can get your team up to around 6k power

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Good Citizen posted:

Note you can also get a free top tier 5* from the Asura event that's going on during the CBT. You'll need to farm 600 of the event currency but that is pretty doable if you can get your team up to around 6k power

Does it carry over to release?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sailormoon posted:

Does it carry over to release?

The event will also happen at release but nothing will carry over from the cbt. Accounts will be completely wiped

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am using Quinn, Rosemary, Angelica and Morris the healer.

I am a big fan of Quinns massive rack of missiles.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Where do most of you get your apks? I would like to try DC: World's Collide.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr Hootington posted:

Where do most of you get your apks? I would like to try DC: World's Collide.

APKpure or QooApp

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

APKpure or QooApp

Ok. So what do you use to unzip xpaks?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Anything to keep in mind if I just downloaded Dislyte? Seen a lot of ads for it, and I went for it, but haven't fired it up yet

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Serperoth posted:

Anything to keep in mind if I just downloaded Dislyte? Seen a lot of ads for it, and I went for it, but haven't fired it up yet

Your first 10th pull is guaranteed to be either Li Ling or Wukong and most people are saying Li Ling is the better starter. It takes about 30-45 minutes to get enough tickets to do 10 pulls but it’s not very involved and you can reroll by resetting your data in the menu. Up to you if you wanna reroll.

You level up your units abilities with Abilimon but those resources are at in low supply. Outside of the tutorial quest that teaches you how to use one it’s prolly better to err on the side of caution not using them until later on when you have a better idea of what you’re doing.

A good team for the story is your 5* you rolled + Drew (Anubis) + Mona + Chang Pu (replaces Helena and Q, she’s a great healer) and whoever else you think looks cute. If you manage to pull Long Man I would use him too, because you can use him to beat the Kronos boss.

The “Course” quests are kinda like an extended tutorial that runs you through most aspects of the game. If you’re ever unsure of what to do just look at those quests and try to do them. Your first goal, in general, should be to work on getting Kronos on farm because he drops speed set gear that most people use.

E: Oh and I just saw that there’s a 100% drop rate event for the ascension discs this weekend. Goooooo get your Gabbys.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

At level 40 for me, so about 110+ stamina, it takes about 8 hours for a full refresh so be mindful of stamina.

Also the world chat is at the top, cannot be closed and is annoying at times but it is your only way(?)to get access to some high level rarity characters via Ripple Dimension. Spots fill up quick so you have to click quick.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok. So what do you use to unzip xpaks?

I think Split APK Installer handles them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think Split APK Installer handles them

Thanks I appreciate the help.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol at the difference between rank 1 asleep at the wheel pvp and rank 2 ten levels above you you don’t take a turn.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kater posted:

Lol at the difference between rank 1 asleep at the wheel pvp and rank 2 ten levels above you you don’t take a turn.

Yeah my A-team right now (Tiye lead with Long Mian) is working towards that and when I fight a team doing the thing my team does but better than me it makes me want to rip my dick off. It's infuriating when you just don't get to go but when you're the one doing it it's kinda fun :sickos:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

kater posted:

Thus hasn't happened to me and I'm 3, haven't seen a lot of complaining about this until rank 8 or 9 but I can't speak to that personally

Still plenty of teams that are just starimons

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

At level 40 for me, so about 110+ stamina, it takes about 8 hours for a full refresh so be mindful of stamina.

Also the world chat is at the top, cannot be closed and is annoying at times but it is your only way(?)to get access to some high level rarity characters via Ripple Dimension. Spots fill up quick so you have to click quick.

There is an option in Settings to hide world chat

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Played around with Artery Gear enough to say it’s solidly OK but does nothing interesting enough to warrant continuing. Also it is simply way too horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

There is an option in Settings to hide world chat

Does that hide the ripple announcements too?