Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

MarcusSA posted:

Does that hide the ripple announcements too?

It does, but you’re not getting into a ripple anyway unless you’re actively watching for one with the chat window open. I noticed that the 1 liner that shows up at the top is often delayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The heck is a ripple.

Also I was excited for counterside until someone mentioned it has pvp lol.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

kater posted:

The heck is a ripple.

Also I was excited for counterside until someone mentioned it has pvp lol.

As long as the pvp doesn't intrude on the pve too much I think I'll enjoy it regardless. Honestly, I don't know how pvp can be balanced in a gacha game at all, unless you tune it for common characters.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

StrixNebulosa posted:

As long as the pvp doesn't intrude on the pve too much I think I'll enjoy it regardless. Honestly, I don't know how pvp can be balanced in a gacha game at all, unless you tune it for common characters.

CounterSide has a ban system based on unit usage/success rates that increases the cost to summon units and removes their commander bonus. So if Meta Unit X normally costs 3ap to summon and putting them in your commander slot would reduce that cost to 2ap, but the ban list has them at +3 for the season, it will now cost 6th to summon.

It hardly fixes pvp but it encourages more spread and counter-teams in the meta

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm gonna give arknights another shot for when I'm waiting for stamina on dislyte, any particular unit I should reroll for right now?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm gonna give arknights another shot for when I'm waiting for stamina on dislyte, any particular unit I should reroll for right now?

as always ill say it depends on how hard your desire to reroll is, afaik arknights still doesn't give you enough to pull 10x on a normal banner, just the newbie discounted banner with limited units. Then again, you can do single pulls still, so there's always a shot. The tippy top tier reroll targets if you wanna go long term would be Eyjafjalla or Thorns - but if you want to keep it to the units on the newbie banner (which guarantees a 6* in your first 10), Silverash is the best option, altho Exu isn't a bad starter either

e: and of course I should state that Arknights 6* units are almost all good + usable yadda yadda its just easiest for starting out if you have a strong ranged damage unit

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 18, 2022

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ok thanks for the breakdown. I'm willing to spend an hour or so rerolling if it's worth it, otherwise I just go with what I get. I'll aim for that but maybe I'll get someone with big titties first

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
To follow up on Counterside talk I played the SEA version for at least 5 months and PVP is not something to worry about if you don't want to. To get all the best rewards for each shop reset you need to just burn your PVP stamina. Thats it. When I burned out on PVP I set one unit and lost every match daily.

And if you really like PVP then you are going to be constantly chasing the dragon that is new units and each new meta shift. The rewards are tiny and at most you miss out on like a frame for your avatar or some award. I forget which. Also the pace was so fast for releasing new units early on that you would be spending big bucks to keep up.

Tons of fun otherwise and I am really stoked for the global release even though my SEA account has a ton of good stuff but hasn't been played in a while.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

StrixNebulosa posted:

Gacha game pvp is kinda like oldschool mmo pvp in the sense that it was never meant to be fair in the first place. It's not supposed to be mainly a test of skill, it's supposed to be a test of how strong the gear that you've spent all your time grinding for (and the team of units you've been collecting) is.

When you get the gear by paying for stamina refreshes to grind faster and the meta units by paying for more gacha rolls that starts to be problematic.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Saw the thread title. We did it :unsmith:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
lmao i cant believe i didnt realise in dislyte that your ascension dudes (starimon?) can be deployed to the expedition things to get you an easy boost to the bonus resources as long as you have em leveled

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

I got some Punishing: Gray Raven music in my youtube sidebar and now I have it on my phone because I'm a sucker for girls with black hair and red eyes.
It's a fun game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know there's a girls frontline thread, but i might as well ask here, I saw there is a second one coming out? I got an ad for it on youtube that had zero info other than it being Girls Frontline 2.

I've always wanted to try it, as its like Azur Lane but Gun Girls rather than Ship Girls.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I know there's a girls frontline thread, but i might as well ask here, I saw there is a second one coming out? I got an ad for it on youtube that had zero info other than it being Girls Frontline 2.

I've always wanted to try it, as its like Azur Lane but Gun Girls rather than Ship Girls.

GFL 2 isn't out yet, and won't be for a while (?)

GFL 2: Exilium.

quote:

Girls' Frontline 2: Exilium (少女前线2:追放) is an upcoming game from Sunborn and the sequel to Girls' Frontline using tactical two-dimensional gameplay with 3D graphics using Physically Based Rendering and Non-Photorealistic Rendering. It received a first closed beta test on 29 June 2021 and a second on 18 October 2021.

As far as I know, GFL 1 isn't going anywhere - it's an autobattler based around moving your units around nodes, with quite a few idle game mechanics - repairing units takes time, recruiting takes time, etc etc. I like how this encourages me to check in daily to run a mission or two, then set up resource-gathering and repairs, then repeat daily.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

StrixNebulosa posted:

GFL 2 isn't out yet, and won't be for a while (?)

GFL 2: Exilium.

As far as I know, GFL 1 isn't going anywhere - it's an autobattler based around moving your units around nodes, with quite a few idle game mechanics - repairing units takes time, recruiting takes time, etc etc. I like how this encourages me to check in daily to run a mission or two, then set up resource-gathering and repairs, then repeat daily.

That's so weird that I got this video for it as an add. You know, sometime youtube will just show me full music videos as adds, maybe my profile within the Skynet that decides what we see figured I wanted to see cute anime girls shooting guns? Its not like thats something I'd be surprised i'd like.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
GFL2 is probably getting a marketing push from its creators. It's an XCOM-inspired 3D tactical thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8KIxrXRsHs
Here's the marketing trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyrPD0WVQ8
Here's a showcase of newly added mechanics. The game's still under active development, so features aren't complete yet.

(GFL1 is not an autobattler btw.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://twitter.com/Bl_anc/status/1526520450821627905
:eyepop:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

GFL1 isn’t an autobattler? What is it then?

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

GFL1 isn’t an autobattler? What is it then?

I don't know what the genre is called, maybe technically a variant of tower defense since you'll immediately lose a mission if any enemies make it to your end of the screen. But "auto-battler" implies that you don't have any impact on the result once the battle starts, which clearly isn't the case in GFL.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Quixzlizx posted:

I don't know what the genre is called, maybe technically a variant of tower defense since you'll immediately lose a mission if any enemies make it to your end of the screen. But "auto-battler" implies that you don't have any impact on the result once the battle starts, which clearly isn't the case in GFL.

I mean, you don't have a lot of impact, in that you can't tell them where to shoot, and the majority of the battle will be decided by how you set up their formation/stats/equipment beforehand. But okay, that's fair. I'm not a genre purist (except for roguelikes) so I gracefully submit to more informed people.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

It gets confusing because non autobattler games have autobattle modes and autobattle is often the default way to play after the first few levels

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

It gets confusing because non autobattler games have autobattle modes and autobattle is often the default way to play after the first few levels

Yeah, I freely admit that I play all of my gachas on auto - GFL gets auto-skill use (I only active play for new/challenging missions), Azur Lane spends a lot of time on auto, Princonne is nothing but auto-skill use, etc etc.

Honestly of the lot, I only active play F/GO and Food Wars because they demand it. F/GO has no automode that I've seen, and Food Wars has a lot more active components - tap an enemy to interrupt their attack, use a cook's skill, etc. They get the least playtime from me, as I can't really fire and forget. I'm writing this post to Azur Lane - I'm grinding in 3-4 and I only look down at my screen to go "oh fleet 2 died again" or to say "run it again".

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

oh god loving dammit

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I left the Dislyte guild. I gave it a fair shake but ultimately just not that compelling to me.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Applied to the Dislyte club thing as Dropboar.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I mean, you don't have a lot of impact, in that you can't tell them where to shoot, and the majority of the battle will be decided by how you set up their formation/stats/equipment beforehand. But okay, that's fair. I'm not a genre purist (except for roguelikes) so I gracefully submit to more informed people.

I wouldn't say I was a top-tier GFL player, but I was finishing in the top 5% tier of ranking maps by the time I stopped playing, and that was with starting to play a year after launch. And if I had not done intensive micro in a lot of those fights, I would've been completely pasted and been unable to even reach the end of those maps.

Meanwhile, there are turn-based gacha out there that you can set to AI mode and glide through.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Probably not rerolling in Dislyte for the not-Sun Wukong if I'm already at Chapter 7? But if I did, can I link to a Google account, wipe data, reroll, then link back to the Google account without losing progress?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Quixzlizx posted:

I wouldn't say I was a top-tier GFL player, but I was finishing in the top 5% tier of ranking maps by the time I stopped playing, and that was with starting to play a year after launch. And if I had not done intensive micro in a lot of those fights, I would've been completely pasted and been unable to even reach the end of those maps.

Meanwhile, there are turn-based gacha out there that you can set to AI mode and glide through.

Huh! I may be bad at GFL, I'll ask the thread for tips - what should I be microing, and so on.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Probably not rerolling in Dislyte for the not-Sun Wukong if I'm already at Chapter 7? But if I did, can I link to a Google account, wipe data, reroll, then link back to the Google account without losing progress?

You can link accounts to email (didn't try salted emails) + password combo. There are 2 methods of rerolling.

The official way:
via User Profile - Services - Initialization with a daily limit of 3 times? I never used this method

If you have a rooted device/are on an emulator:
- (Optional) Link the account to an email
- Close Dislyte
- Use a file manager with root access (I like CX File Explorer)
- Navigate to /system/data/data/com.lilithgames.xgame.gp/
- Delete the /shared_prefs/ folder

- Open Dislyte and go through the new account process. You shouldn't get prompted for an account name and will appear as 'Esper####' ingame
- Play until you get enough rolls for the guarantee 5* on the Beginner banner

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Huh! I may be bad at GFL, I'll ask the thread for tips - what should I be microing, and so on.

The simplest way to mitigate damage is to take your main tank and move her up to the front column at the beginning of a battle. Most enemy units have at least some "aiming" time, so they'll walk up into firing range and set up to blast your tank, at which point you move her back to her original position, causing them to have wasted the time they spent standing there aiming, which is time they didn't spend shooting.

This obviously works even better on powerful, but slow and slow-ROF enemy unit types.

Actual top-tier players can time things perfectly and dance back and forth between tiles to kite enemy formations for longer.

There are all sorts of other micro tricks you can use depending on enemy type and positioning, but I haven't played in almost two years now, so you'd be better off asking in the thread like you originally mentioned.

Quixzlizx fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 19, 2022

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Meant probably not WORTH rerolling here, whoops.

Gyoru posted:

You can link accounts to email (didn't try salted emails) + password combo. There are 2 methods of rerolling.

The official way:
via User Profile - Services - Initialization with a daily limit of 3 times? I never used this method

If you have a rooted device/are on an emulator:
- (Optional) Link the account to an email
- Close Dislyte
- Use a file manager with root access (I like CX File Explorer)
- Navigate to /system/data/data/com.lilithgames.xgame.gp/
- Delete the /shared_prefs/ folder

- Open Dislyte and go through the new account process. You shouldn't get prompted for an account name and will appear as 'Esper####' ingame
- Play until you get enough rolls for the guarantee 5* on the Beginner banner

Thanks for this I'm unfortunately on a non-jailbroken iPhone, so file manipulation is out of the cards. Daily limit is kind of a bummer.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Dislyte might be the slickest game made that is mediocre. It was a fun little romp I’ll admit for a few days but the overwhelming flaws become apparent. Awful story, terrible pull rates, stingy on rewards and stamina etc etc.

All the GFL talk reminded me that Counter Side is coming out next week. Anyone play the non global version? It looks like an evolved Battle Cats to me and supposedly has a good story.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Hand Row posted:

Dislyte might be the slickest game made that is mediocre. It was a fun little romp I’ll admit for a few days but the overwhelming flaws become apparent. Awful story, terrible pull rates, stingy on rewards and stamina etc etc.

my thoughts exactly, just uninstalled it

Hand Row posted:

All the GFL talk reminded me that Counter Side is coming out next week. Anyone play the non global version? It looks like an evolved Battle Cats to me and supposedly has a good story.

yeah, I tried the SEA version and also the global beta. I'm going to give GL a fair chance even though I have some small misgivings

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hand Row posted:

I played CBT and yeah it’s basically battlecats with more goin on. I enjoyed it and I’ll be in the game day 1. No idea on story because I have/will never not skip every gacha story

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

i am also a story skipper

i skipped all of dragalia lost's story slides :shepface:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

StrixNebulosa posted:

No I meant it's not an autobattler because you can move characters around the grid during battle and this is actually critical for non-trivial content.
Now that I think of it it's kinda like a shmup. Sorta. Slightly.

But yes it does have an autobattle option for the trivial grind content.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kyte posted:

No I meant it's not an autobattler because you can move characters around the grid during battle and this is actually critical for non-trivial content.
Now that I think of it it's kinda like a shmup. Sorta. Slightly.

But yes it does have an autobattle option for the trivial grind content.

The question is, what percentage of your playtime is nontrivial content vs autobattling through trivial grinds

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

https://twitter.com/kuropittoo/status/1527253816898473986

So it was done by a contractor (I guess?), they caught it in development at some point but it also somehow slipped out into advertising

https://twitter.com/kuropittoo/status/1527304352448229383

I have no idea what this means though lmao

e: oh right the incident is..that it's jontron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have no idea what this means though lmao

e: oh right the incident is..that it's jontron

I felt pretty dirty using Jontron's promo code, but there is no ethical stamina consumption under gacha-pitalism