Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
What's a gacha:
Based on the Japanese gacha machines, wherein a person places money into a slot and out pops a capsule containing a toy from the selection available, wow, the bumping thrill of a potentially rare get!

What's a gacha game:
An exciting twist on the gacha machine experience, except instead of owning a physical object you're spending tremendously more money on a virtual item that will be forever lost once Nexon has fulfilled their 8 month roadmap for the game and shutters it!

I spent $200 on the USS Pampanito sexy toddler limited banner and didn't get her.

Terms you should know:
Banners: To try and get as much money out of you as possible, many games will have select units (typically more powerful than the general selection) be available only for a limited time.

These "banners" may come again, but you don't know that! Spend all your money or you'll never get Asuka in your awful cat game ever! Why aren't they called catsules!?!

Premium currency: To summon units, you usually spend some sort of special currency (gems, orbs, catsules, etc). To make sure that you're constantly kept on the hook of gambling addiction, these games will usually provide a flow of this currency so that you can occasionally pull and sooth your brain with chemicals. Some companies resent your leeching off their free currencies and use Premium Currency, if you see this then be prepared to only be able to pull for complete dogshit with your worthless garbage money and that if you want Asuka cat you'll have to shell out some real cash.

Rerolling: Since often how much you can enjoy the game is gated by how good your units are, you'll want to start with the best. The process of rerolling is simple, download the game, download ~1GB of additional files, play through a 30 minute tutorial, get a free Summon 10 Units roll, check a Japanese tier list page, and if you weren't in the 3% of people lucky enough to get an SSR unit, do it all over again! For some people, rerolling IS the game!

Oh god, I had two five star units, why didn't I keep that account. That was three days ago.

Do we need a thread for this?
I think so! A new gacha game can typically clog up one of the other megathreads for a week or so, making it unreadable for people without a crippling brain problem. Also, the global appeal of them means that usually they'll be released for both iOS and Android, don't you want to talk about how much you hate the games you spend all day on with people from all walks of life? Talk about your less popular gachas here without being worried about the guy who only talks about Hoplite yelling at you.

Go ahead and pull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Upcoming events:

Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin Now
There's a 20th Anniversary celebration for Valkyrie Profile, the game that started it all. Daily free 11 pulls and other freebies, definitely a good time to try it out since rerolling for a decent start will be about as painless as it will ever be.

Alchemist Code Now
2nd anniversary for global. Probably a lot of free stuff, I dunno Gumi sucks.

Destiny Child Nov 28th
One year anniversary for Global release, you'll get 7 fully leveled characters from it and a bunch of other free stuff. Definitely not a play on the bus game though.

Granblue Fantasy December 13th
Grandblue fest means they'll be giving away a tremendous amount of stuff. The developer, CyGames, is notoriously generous with giving away stuff so if you can handle the app just being a browser wrapper then I suggest you jump in then.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Anyone else playing King of Fighters all stars? I am loving this game. Gameplay loop is actually fun, tons of memorable characters (at least for me). The epic quest system always gives you meaningful content to do. As the game moved into the event cycle it hasn't misstepped at all. So use to every fun gacha I play having snoozefest events, but so far this has kept my interest the entire time. Game gives tons of free currency, which is offset by near constant release of new 'must-have' banners with insanely low on-banner rates (as low as 0.3%). Luckily, every banner has a a pity rate set to about the EV of how many pulls you need, so chasing losses doesn't go infinite. Also, dupes are compeltely pointless as you can grind every units souls at pretty good rate.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm actually glad there is a thread to talk about new releases in. I'm a long time gacha gamer. I started with Summoners War before I even knew this was a genre. Then, as side games, I meandered through Might & Magic: Elemental Guardians, Shin Megami Tensei Dx2, Raid: Shadow Legends, and that terrible Pokemon game. It wasn't until I picked up Epic 7 last year that I found a main game that could replace Summoners War.

I'm always interested in the release of a new gacha game provided it has (1) team building, (2) turn-based combat, and (3) PvP, particularly guild wars. I don't know that there are any upcoming releases I'm particularly interested in at the moment. I'll check out Arknights, but it doesn't have PvP so I'll probably lose interest in the grind eventually.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

The only gacha that I've kept playing is attack on titan tactics, 1 of 2 AoT official gachas. It has no multiplayer arena and thus no need to constantly grind crap out every day. It's fully playable free, premium currency comes at a pretty good pace, and you can max out a full team of 5 stars in about 2 months and do all the content stuff that comes out. It's the most chill gacha and I wish there were more like it.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

CyGames announced a new game called World Flippers and boy does it look really fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDO6gcjkRO4

I haven't found any talk about a global release but it's definitely something I'm looking out for

Mugaaz posted:

Anyone else playing King of Fighters all stars? I am loving this game. Gameplay loop is actually fun, tons of memorable characters (at least for me). The epic quest system always gives you meaningful content to do. As the game moved into the event cycle it hasn't misstepped at all. So use to every fun gacha I play having snoozefest events, but so far this has kept my interest the entire time. Game gives tons of free currency, which is offset by near constant release of new 'must-have' banners with insanely low on-banner rates (as low as 0.3%). Luckily, every banner has a a pity rate set to about the EV of how many pulls you need, so chasing losses doesn't go infinite. Also, dupes are compeltely pointless as you can grind every units souls at pretty good rate.

I really like KOF Allstars despite various Netmarbleisms in it. There's a Tekken 7 banner that releases in like an hour in a half that seems very cool.

Pulls 2 Look Out 4:
The gacha Jin is like top 5 in Japanese tier list and they're like a year ahead of us so he'll be competitive for a long time. He has a 3second invincibility tied to one of his skills. Very good!!

There's like a roulette game to get Paul Phoenix soul bits (purchase 10 ticket pack for 100 crystals in the shop every 6 hours) and he has the best in game leader skill of +60٪ atk -10%def that was like the main pull of orichi iori. Plus he has anti freezing cores which is very nice against the current kula dominated meta

Vhak lord of hate fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 26, 2019

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Vhak lord of hate posted:

CyGames announced a new game called World Flippers and boy does it look really fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDO6gcjkRO4

Comes out in a couple hours, I'll be checking it out for sure.

I wouldn't bank on it ever getting localized but since it's Cygames it'll have plenty of english translation guides and probly a decent following if it's good.

Someone should make a thread :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm hype for Romancing SaGa Re;Universe.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Loving all the KoF stuff lately, new event and banners are amazing. Think there is enough interest for a full thread?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tell us more. Hype us all up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mugaaz posted:

Tell us more. Hype us all up.

It's got awesome music and classic SaGa gameplay (stat ups after fights, sparking techs in battle, formations with different benefits, etc.)

It has an interesting style mechanic: you Gacha for Styles instead of Characters, the base stats are shared amongst all Styles of the same Character and you can use one selected power of your other Styles. Mix-and-matching sounds interesting that way.

Gorgeous animations.

All the weird SaGa characters like Lobstermen or Robin or Alkaiser or Asellus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajFi7jBB_M

I played the japanese version for a bit, but my japanese is way too basic and I had to give up. It's coming in English in 2020 and I'm hype.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

World Flipper is awesome, and it has the least painful reroll process I’ve ever seen (~1min, no data redownload).

Check it out if you’re not too afraid of fumbling through moonrunes. I certainly don’t know any and it’s...relatively self explanatory so far.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I also played Re:Universe for a while when it launched in Japan last year. I dropped it partially due to the language barrier, but also soured on it a fair bit when I got deep into the harder stuff: while they give you a lot of tools and options to get inventive with your strategies when you're stuck, it also becomes a daunting grind to bring new characters up to speed when you're in the 600+ HP/ 50+ stats range with your main team. When they announced the global release I redownloaded it to check it out for a bit again, and it seems like they've added a ton of new features and QoL stuff but it's tough to tell if they ever really addressed the trouble with building new characters beyond running growth bonus events.

The gacha relies pretty hard on time-limited banners, but (at least while I was playing it) the rates were okay and they were pretty generous with the currency. It's doing really well in Japan, but I have my doubts as to how well it'll do globally since two of the three games it draws from the most for its characters were only recently released in english and the third is a sort-of obscure Playstation game from 1997.

It's recognizably a SaGa game and handles that style of combat very faithfully so I begrudgingly enjoyed it and will probably do so again. Plus the music fuckin slaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzNFkbFQ2Q&

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If this forum and thread had existed earlier, I'd have recomended checking out Brown Dust for all your Waifu and Husbando Gatcha action, as they just did a massive event where they gave everyone a ton of maxed out characters and a maxed out legendary character.

It's still pretty solid. More about character combinations and placement that battle tactics though. Like you can only control where your characters are placed and in what order they act, not what they do in a battle.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Last Cloudia just started running the Secret of Mana crossover.
Also, Grand Summoners is running the Knights of Blood banners right now which means it's a perfect time to jump in and start playing since the most powerful units in the game are on banner.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I play that awful cat game. :(

Fortunately there’s a way to track one’s gacha seed in it, thus bypassing most of the slot machine bullshit.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

I play that awful cat game. :(

Fortunately there’s a way to track one’s gacha seed in it, thus bypassing most of the slot machine bullshit.

I think Battle Cats was my first gacha game. I literally couldn't understand the Gacha in it. It makes sense now, but back then I couldn't fathom the purpose of it. My recollection is poor, but I also remembered thinking that most Gacha units were actually kinda poo poo because you couldn't raise them past a certain level without multiple dupes, but the story cats could?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I've been playing a lot of Saint Seiya Awakening.

Why yes, this game has almost literally 0 English speaking players lol.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1197799848977817600

Symphogear XDU is getting a global release, I'm here to convince you not to play it.

Disclaimer: I picked up XDU about a year ago, so I don't know firsthand how bad it was at release.

Part the first: "Gameplay".

You don't play XDU. Like, you sort of can, but there aren't really decisions to make. Each card has two skills, one of which is just an in-battle animation of the sprite doing something, and the other of which is a cut to the card's namesake attack. If you watch this video, you may go "wow, these get pretty long, is there a way to skip them?" and yes, yes there is. It was added this year, so now you only have to watch them once a day.

One of those happens about every 6 seconds. In between your cards automatically do normal attacks to random enemies. No, you don't get to pick what enemy your card is targeting. No, not even for skills.

And frankly, almost nothing in PvE is really worth controlling skills for, so what you're mostly going to be doing is starting a mission and then listening to the music for a minute.

Part the second: The Gacha.

XDU has both characters and equipment in the same gacha. Only the premium currency gacha has character cards in it.

4* rate is 10/10 each, 5* rate is 2.5/2.5. Rate-up 5*s are .8% solo, which is pretty rare, .7% for two, .6% for 3, .5% for 4.

That blows.

What blows more than that is...

Part the third: Limit/Rarity Breaks.

This is a single copy of a card:

This is six copies of a card:

Every copy of a card you pull lets you limit break it once. Limit breaking a card lets you raise it's maximum level by 2, up to 5 times. Once you have it at max limit break, you can rarity break it, to get it another 10 levels. Once a card is rarity broken to 6*, you can feed it other character cards to level it's skills. How do skills develop?

At 6*, you have about 33% more damage on your skill multiplier than at 0lb. If you somehow manage to skill up to 10, you've more than doubled the multiplier on the skill.

Dupes are the only way to limit break a card.

The same applies to equipment, except that equipment can't be rarity broken.

That all sounds awful, but do you actually need rarity broken cards?

Not really. You will be able to complete all* the story content, and all the event story content, with well chosen cards with maybe a couple of limit breaks.

(*except the Original XDU High Difficulty Story stuff that's pretty recent)

Unless you want to compete in PVP. Don't want to compete in PVP.

Is there anything to mitigate this? Sort of.

Older cards will get 700 stone banners, which gives you all 6 copies for 700 stones. Most of the time when these happen, they've been powercrept to poo poo and back, but there's only a few useful healers in the game, and they have gotten 700s.

Some banners will give you coins for rolling on them, which you can spend to just outright buy the card you want. I don't exactly remember the conversion rate for these, I think it's 10 coins per single, 110 per multi, and 150 for a normal 5* card.

Some banners will let you select a card, and then just give it to you on your 3rd multi.

Most banners have guarantees. For example, here's the guarantees on the currently running Symphogear vs Godzilla collab banner:

Sharp eyed goons will notice that the Kanade guarantee is loving bullshit. Kanade is what's called a High Cost Card. There's a few types of these:

1. Unisons. These were, I believe, the first high costs to come out. A unison is one character who summons another to combine for their namesake skill. They have been mostly power crept.
2. Testament. Testament is Hibiki from the end of AXZ, and she is loving Bullshit. She is the best card from the moment she releases until very recently. Testament is immune to all status effects, does not take reflected damage, and deals an extra 100% damage on every attack that ignores typing. Also her skill buffs her own attack stat, and makes your entire team do 100% additional damage on every attack that ignores typing. Yes, this stacks with her own passive. She gets her own category because she's the only card with her specific cost in the game.
3. Solo high cost cards. These are most of the current bullshit good cards.
4. base 6* cards. These are mostly box queens for two reasons. First, because they take egregious amounts of EXP and gold to level. If memory serves, it's something like 7000 4* exp sheets, and 100m gold. This is an order of magnitude more than a base 5* card. Second, because their cost is actually so high that you can't fill the rest of the team out in most game modes. Yes, you still need to pull 6 copies of one to get it to level 70. No, thank gently caress, you cannot rarity break them. Ignore my shame.

High cost cards mostly have better stats, passives, and skills than regular cost 5* cards. A new high cost card comes out like once a month, and usually kicks everything that isn't Testament down a rank on the top 10 list.

Part the fourth: PvP.

Don't try to do well in PvP.

Okay, remember how you mostly don't bother playing PvE? You actually can't interact with PvP past team selection, autoskill is on and it won't let you manually pick a skill.

Any of your skills that are really good? AI isn't going to use them until everything else is on cooldown.

PvP had a rework earlier this year, it used to be 3v3 teams, now it's 5v5. Outside of the very bottom ranks of PvP, almost everything you see is fully rarity broken bullshit teams. Presumably this will be less true on global.

At release, I've been told that you don't pick an enemy, you just hit the "find me a battle" button and get to deal with whatever it gives you. It's been since changed, and now you hit the find a battle button, and if you don't like that, you can reroll it, one at a time. If you're very patient, you can eventually find someone with like, one unit up. Hope that isn't a Carol!

PvP stamina can only be regenerated by premium currency.

There's also a special type of pvp that runs once a month called challenge cup. This will randomly give a couple of specific units +450% attack, and a color +50% attack. It runs for 5 days usually, and will dump a shitton of gold and some premium currency on you as rewards for doing a bunch of battles. The last couple they ran had two copies of 5* card in the points ladder if you hate yourself enough to grind it a bunch. It also grants you a currency, which you can use to buy more gold/exp/a relatively decent 5* Chris card that costs entirely too much currency. At the end of it, based on your rank, you will get some stones, very little gold, and maybe some gacha tickets.

Unlike normal PvP, there is an in game item that refills your challenge cup stamina that can be ground out with normal stamina.

Part the fifth: Events.

While they could pull a MagiReco event pace on us, in JP events usually last like 3 or 4 weeks. At the same time, however, they're putting up a new event every other week, so there's several running at once.

Pokelabo really, really wants you to roll the gacha for every event. A lot. Almost every event comes with a banner, and a new 5* on it.

The new 5* will have +40% damage and +50 currency drops in the event. At one copy. Rarity broken, it's +100% and +150 drops. You don't need that to clear the event shop, and mostly you don't need that to clear the event missions, but something like every 3rd event will have a challenge mission that will need a really busted team to clear.

Most events will also give a bonus to an older 5*, from +7 currency at base to +20 at rarity break. No bonus damage. one 4* and 3* will also get a bonus, up to +15 if rarity broken all the way to 6*.

Weirdly, few events will introduce a new 5* equip. Mostly they introduce new 3* equips, which give +3 to +10 currency, and give +2 to +8 to an existing 5* equip.

You don't need to clear the shop, but it's the primary source of exp, gold, awakening mats, and +stat fodder.

You might think, "Well hey at least I can borrow a whale friend with +170 drops" but you're wrong. Friend drops are capped at +70.

The game loving showers you in event stamina refills.

Non collab events usually do get reruns. I haven't seen a collab rerun yet.

Part the sixth: premium currency income.

Every mission you clear gives you 5 stones for clearing all the nodes once, and then 5 more stones for clearing all the nodes a second time. Daily missions give you 3 stones, weekly missions give you 15 stones. The monthly login bonus gives you like, 200 stones or something, and every two weeks a completely separate, 14 dayish login bonus starts that will also give you like 100 stones.

PvP scales from 3 stones weekly, for "I showed up and did the 20 for the weekly missions and lost 19 of them", to 60 for being in the top 100.

A single on the gacha costs 20 stones, an 11-draw costs 200. The usual estimate for managing to RB a 5* card off a rate up banner that has non-high cost guarantees is like, 3k stones.

A whalepack is 700 stones for $90.

There is occasionally sales that increase the number of stones per pack, all the way up to 100 for the whalepack. The only thing that's remotely worth spending money on is the very infrequent pack that gives you some stones and a selector ticket that you exchange for a single copy of whatever card for like, $35 or something. It is also a bad deal, Do Not Spend Money on XDU.

Are there any redeeming features?

Some people have said the story is pretty fun. If you like symphogear, it has more symphogear music.

Game is bad, do not play it. If you somehow still want to, the best English speaking resource is the Symphogear subreddit discord, and the guide they made.

You will note that the first thing that guide tells you is also to uninstall the game.

If anyone comes in to disagree with me about something here, they're probably right and you should listen to them. And then you should still not play the game.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 5, 2019

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

You convinced me not to play it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Anyone got a guild going in KoF All Stars? It seems impossible to actually join a pub guild.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
oh god what am i doing why am i here

(the answers are:
-KOF Allstars
-I suck so bad at actually playing KOF that this is more fun for me lmbo)

i'm never gonna get 98 kyo am i

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

no one answered so i'll make a goon guild. if anyone's got any name suggestions bomb 'em in or i'll name it in tribute of KoF character most likely to have a something awful forums account, billy kane, and his preferred forum: GyoTaBYOB

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Thankfully guilds don't seem to be that important other than checking off the check-in achievements, even the rewards for the guild currency suck so joining the #1 Ultra Best one isn't important.

The Christmas units for KOF Allstars seem to be all pretty bad so happily skipping by that. Anyone get any good units? I nabbed the hooded Kazama and all the KoF cards which are really good and now to bench him forever because he doesn't fit into my current team.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

IRON SAGA is coming out in 3 days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5N6YMK1PcY

A fun Azur Lane type game, with better looking combat. You pull/build ships and pilots (from people playing JP and CN servers word i that pulling pilots is a trap and they can just be farmed). They accidentally released this a few weeks ago and you could play it for a few hours and the common consensus seemed to be: pretty fun!

No word on yet if you can marry your gundam.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

The only thing that really matters

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IRON SAGA is coming out in 3 days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5N6YMK1PcY

A fun Azur Lane type game, with better looking combat. You pull/build ships and pilots (from people playing JP and CN servers word i that pulling pilots is a trap and they can just be farmed). They accidentally released this a few weeks ago and you could play it for a few hours and the common consensus seemed to be: pretty fun!

Certainly looks hornier than Azur Lane, there's a lot of bouncing boobies in that trailer.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hornier than Azur Lane is a difficult bar to clear.
Looking at the trailer, that's just passive Live2D bounce, I don't think it measures up to some of the costumes AL has been producing.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 10, 2019

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
The game got released a day early. It's super rough, shoddy translation and a bunch of incorrect strings abound.

Edit:

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 11, 2019

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Looks like it can be installed from Google Play now. First impression is the translation is loving terrible.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
It seems like the translation improves drastically after the first hour or so, which is an interesting way to go about things. Also, the academy where all the iinformation on how to play the is, is level locked.

On the other hand, customizing mechs for auto battle really ticles that Azur Lane part of my brain, which is good, as it's probably the gacha that managed to keep my attention the longest.

Edit: I take it back, it seems entirely random if something has had editing. Just did some side quests that dropped the level back down to rear end.

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 11, 2019

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

This is definitely the sign of a game that will continue on for a long time and isn't just a cash grab.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

I thought this was a mecha based shoot em up.

Then I played it.

There are idle games with more compelling gameplay than this. Gonna be a pass for me.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Mugaaz posted:

I thought this was a mecha based shoot em up.

Then I played it.

There are idle games with more compelling gameplay than this. Gonna be a pass for me.

The gameplay seems to be entirely based on setting up builds but like you said there are a bunch of idle games that do the same thing and you don't have to suffer extremely bad translation for those.

I couldn't find an Another Eden thread so I'll post this here
https://twitter.com/anotheredenrpg/status/1204995988294787074

Another Eden is doing a Persona 5 crossover, you get both crossover units free.

Vhak lord of hate fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 12, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/arknightsen/status/1207556168970899456

Arknights CBT next week, with OBT soon.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm like three weeks late replying to this, but it's worth pointing out that RSG Re has been an absolute runaway sales monster in Japan for, like, basically a full year running now. It routinely hangs out in the top ten grossing charts, particularly on Android, for upwards of weeks at a time. Given how much competition there is in Japan for game money at this point and the established titles you would be up against, a game that can do this in 2019 in its first year of operation has to have something going for it. I'll be interested to give it a whirl, too, though as always it's a bummer it'll likely be fairly behind the JP version. That's one thing I like about GBF's current operation: having everyone on one server means you can be as hype for the new stuff as the next person.

Was also really bummed to see Iron Saga get such a two-cent loc job (why do people still think you can get away with that in such a crowded marketplace) and curious to see how Arknights does - I know it had a bumper launch in China when it began but I haven't seen or heard as much about how it does now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm like three weeks late replying to this, but it's worth pointing out that RSG Re has been an absolute runaway sales monster in Japan for, like, basically a full year running now. It routinely hangs out in the top ten grossing charts, particularly on Android, for upwards of weeks at a time. Given how much competition there is in Japan for game money at this point and the established titles you would be up against, a game that can do this in 2019 in its first year of operation has to have something going for it. I'll be interested to give it a whirl, too, though as always it's a bummer it'll likely be fairly behind the JP version. That's one thing I like about GBF's current operation: having everyone on one server means you can be as hype for the new stuff as the next person.

At least we know which Styles to save up for.

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
Good thread good thread. I'm a new gachaboi and finally played through all my F2P crystals on Summoners War. Downloaded KOF All Star which seems fun AF so far but really interested to read everyone else's gachas and see what's good.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I've been playing Another Eden recently. It's a really well fleshed out single-player JRPG that happens to have gacha mechanics in it. It's great as a side game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

CompeAnansi posted:

I've been playing Another Eden recently. It's a really well fleshed out single-player JRPG that happens to have gacha mechanics in it. It's great as a side game.

I couldn’t get into it because leveling your characters was slow and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Arknight launches tomorrow if anyone wants to try that out.