Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pyronic posted:

any thread for Symphogear XDUnlimited International Release?

I've seen Kingdom Hearts game titles that sound more legible than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

New Leaf posted:

What's so great about it?

If I don't know the show, will I have any idea what's going on? I keep meaning to watch it and get distracted.

It seems to be one of those games that shows you the show. I played for a couple of hours and I think I got two actual fights between the tutorials and cutscenes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Brown Dust is officially becoming Brave Nine today.

Epic Seven
Seven Deadly Sins
Shadow Seven
Seven Knights
Seven Guardians
Gate Six
Soul Seeker: Six Knights
Venus Eleven (huh, thought I'd seen more Elevens)
Brave Nine
Brave Frontier
Brave Exvius
Brave Legends
Brave Fighter
Brave Knight
Brave Guardians

Yes... clearly this rebranding will help them stand out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zotix posted:

FFBE: War of Visions launches Wednesday. It's a tactics style game. It'll also probably be garbage.

Too many moving parts for me. You have the basic Tactics stuff of leveling and JP for skills, and then you can level those skills, and awaken your character, and class-up your character, and use equipment (but it's called "favorite equipment" for some reason), but that equipment needs to be leveled, and you need to gain proficiency with the equipment types by using it otherwise it LOWERS your stats... and that's after the third story mission, who knows what gets unlocked later.

And all those require different resources. I don't mind complex systems, I enjoy them in some contexts, but I need to be able to see how it fits together. From what I could comprehend this felt like gacha complexitiy on top of tactical complexity and I just couldn't figure out what was worth attention. Maybe it all clicked for someone else and they can comment on the actual game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Does that mean you can level A-rank in prep for an S-rank upgrade, or that the "ideal" team will be multiple-ranked copies of the same character to synergize?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

Exos Heros seems like an ok time waster. Lots of game mode and things to do. Don't blow your gems until past chapter 4 special banners though.

I think it requires a good phone though. My pixel 1 was hand-searingly hot running it with stuff on min, other games it's just varying levels of warm.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I think it requires a good phone though. My pixel 1 was hand-searingly hot running it with stuff on min, other games it's just varying levels of warm.

I don't know what the issue was but I loaded it up again to test and haven't had any sort of heating issues. Glitch in the matrix, something running in the background that I didn't notice? I haven't a clue. Everything gets slightly warm at worst.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

By luck I got 6 SS chars on my starting pulls counting the freebies, so now I actually have to make choices at the start. I figure since everyone's listed as "attacker" and doesn't seem to have AoE attacks I can just look at type coverage, but it's always fun to try and parse unknowns right off the bat.
E: is there any easy way to look at multiple styles of the same character? The character list has no Name option in the sort.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 25, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Characters share HP so if you sort by that it should group people's styles together, if that's what you're asking.

Yeah, it was. Thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Couple of fiddly questions for SaGa:
What does spell affinity on a character mean? I'm seeing it on units that have no attacks of that element.
(Maybe) related: does the affinity on a weapon mean it only boosts spellpower of that element, or boosts it extra?
Has anyone managed to crunch the RNG to tell if 2 or 4-hour exploration is more efficient?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Explorations have skill cap levels where it won't raise a skill beyond a certain number, and with almost every level. You can tell how much you can expect a character to gain skills from a level based on the glowy effects around them:
Yellow streaks: high chance
Faint yellow motes: medium
Very faint green motes: won't get much from it

At the time I only had the first two which were the same skill cap but one's 4 hours instead of two, so "is one more optimal" was a reasonable thought. Yeah, once you unlock more and it's clear the cap changes it becomes moot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

cirus posted:

I tried it but on my Pixel 3 there was a 2 second delay with each click on anything. Super annoying and uninstalled.

I didn't get that on my Pixel 1.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If my team's fine is there any reason to hold onto the platinum tickets? Will more units get added to the basic gacha?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I'm gonna download this.

There isn't a whole lot out there yet but I do like the fact that they skip the reroll bullshit and let you pick the best character (or whatever)

This dude kinda outlines the dudes you should pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmC9SoXQ75A

The game looks great though. The animations look amazing from the videos I've seen so far.

11 minutes to say three heroes. Doesn't even show stat screens to point at things of note while he rambles.

https://gachagamer.com/tales-of-crestoria-tier-list-best-ssr-guide/ for a text unit breakdown for folks like me who process visually better. The video guy was gung-ho about Cress, Velvet and Leon. I don't know enough about the game to endorse or refute either site's tier picks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Picked Leon, pulled Velvet and Rita. 2 SSRs in 23 pulls when it's 5%, one of which tends to be regarded highly (haven't checked too hard on Rita)? I'll take it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I was surprised when I turned my phone over to reach the charger and the game didn't flip.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Pixel 1. I wonder if it's something weird because I set it not to auto-rotate? Every other forced-landscape app I have ignores that, but I use my phone at odd angles (or just lying on the table) so the browser likes to spin when I don't want it to. I'll poke around.

Edit: yup, that's the cause. Interesting. I got so used to apps ignoring it that it threw me.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 16, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For me it was the realization that since awakening a character requires multiple copies of their memoria (is that the term? I'm forgetting already) but the good memoria are half a unit's stats you have thie odd point where you don't want to invest in leveling up the good stuff because you'll be destroying it later if you ever pull enough SSRs. It's not like you pull a second unit and just dump it into your first and nothing of value gets lost. The moment that clicked for me it hit my efficiency instincts in all the wrong ways.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tried Illusion Connect, it locks up decompressing the update. Maybe I'll poke at it on emulator.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there a proper tank or healer in priconne? Whoever I have in front is just getting shredded.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, rerolled on emulator and got a proper tank (ghost girl), the healer who summons a sprite to help draw attacks, Makoto as damage and just pulled the focus character who's another frontline damage. This party's doing a LOT better, I was trying to tank with a frontline dps before. Glad replacing my old account with this one is easy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

This is the tier list I've been using btw, and it seems the most reliable for the current state of the game:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQlbwfpi-KflPB6aA-LE1a50xiLvWsNRU1vcusLIWwnPLzgE2iXw9Or8JXQdezN-s1rakU074hFK1Nh/pubhtml

What does "position" mean there?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Willias posted:

You will burn through your massive pool of stamina around the back half of world 4, when your party starts needing all silver equip and you need it to drop 5 times to equip one time. This is especially bad with these earrings that drop towards the very end of world 4, because not only will you need the earrings to drop 5 times to get your units out of rank 4, you'll need more earrings because they're also used in rank 5.

Stamina's one thing, but I'm really glad there's no way to buy skip tickets in bulk or I'd be spending way too much on a gacha game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there a release date for Disgaea Gacha or whatever they're calling it to differentiate from the mobile version of the first game?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

DQ Tact runs very choppily on my phone. Laggy and low framerate. It's an old phone (Pixel 1) but other games that should be more graphically intensive run fine. Lowering the settings just lowers the resolution with no performance change. Since the game prevents me from using Bluestacks to compare... is anyone else seeing similar?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

turned on sound and I think half my "lag" was pauses for levelup jingles and such. Most of the rest looks like a slower pace than I expected, I'm adjusting.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If anyone hasn't discovered it yet in Priconne, the value of gacha tokens you get for repeated characters goes down as you buy more of their fragments. First 20 cost 1 each, then 2 each, and so on every 20 up to 80 after which they cost 5. So for example to get the 120 to go from 3 stars to 4 takes 400 tokens. Plan accordingly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

D4DJ is pretty good, my first time trying a game like this since DDR and Theatrythm. I wish people would pick more of a variety in multiplayer though. Also I pulled a 4-star who's strictly better than her 3-star version I'd already invested into and now I'm trying to figure out if there's some way to recycle the old one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I’m glad there’s an auto slider option because I friggin suck at doing all three things at once.

I've found I can juggle all three in sequence but when I have to tap and swipe at the exact same time my brain throws an error message.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I had a hell of a time actually finding it on the google store app for some reason, it took a lot more than just entering "Alchemy Stars" into the search bar. Dunno if the new gacha smell will wear off soon but it's pretty fun so far. Rerolling was a pain in the rear end, I will say.

Anything I should know about rerolling and what's good before I start it up?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I think the mono endgame is for spires and some can synergize well for feast-or-famine rounds but stuff like the party leader being a wildcard (and swappable three times a battle) means multicolor teams can be more flexible. Disclaimer: I'm currently running mono-blue. I've got some interesting folks in other colors but nobody who really works together. Though I've got two greens who attack three columns who are enticing me to figure out something with them because the idea of landing both on a large enemy or boss sounds great. Noah's been doing some work for me in the right situations with just one attack like that.

Does anyone have a breakdown of what gets unlocked at each ascension? I know the first one is equipment (which can be HUGE for some characters, preview this when evaluating your roster) and the second is an upgraded active skill, but you can only preview the next ascension level or max on the gacha screen for some. At some point they either pick up a second color or double-down on a single one, but I don't know when or how that works mechanically.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

The one thing about character advancement in this game that looks really sketchy is the breakthrough system. I know all these games have a system for dupes but some of the upgrades here seem uncommonly huge, like turning a 5 turn cooldown skill into a preemptive skill. I can tell you right now I'm never getting 4 dupes to fully breakthrough a 6*. The only other gacha's I've played recently are Arknights and Epic 7 so maybe they're just outliers in the other direction.

Different games lean on that different amounts of heavily. Definitely don't look at breakthroughs for 5 or 6*, treat it as a bonus rather than a goal.

Cleared tower floor 13 tonight. That was neat, I managed to finish on the last turn between the logistics and time to catch the gimmick. The one after that looks interesting too, a survival with guys too tough to take out and get stronger each round and a warp in the middle so you need to do a lot of ranging enemies and then warp out of their reach but with a way back to the portal when needed. I'll wedge my brain into that tomorrow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tae posted:

Watch out for one 3 star named I think Pipi or pepi, she's quite literally one of the best characters in the game.

Why is tha-- oh I just saw the active skill. Teleport one space over EVERY ROUND? And her equipment increases that range if not used?! Holy cow!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That last boss of chapter 8 (I assume as far as the game goes at the moment) is quite a step up from past ones. Just a whole bunch of HP to get through plus a gimmick that limits your opportunities to go ham on it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I keep pulling copies of Nikinas. Even on Carleen's banner, I got a 6* and it was Nikinas. I don't have anyone else to support a green team, game, boosting a converter isn't gonna help!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

On that note, does anyone know the formula for star gems, and what happens if you pull a character you've maxxed copies of?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Weirdly the only quest step that has any real difficulty to it is the clear spire 30 step in phase one. The other 5 phases are all time sink/grinding stuff. And spire 30 isn't that hard once you start getting some solid A2s in that element. Although some of the spire levels, like 23, are a real bitch with the wrong team comp. I was stuck there for days with my lightning team and then breezed through it on the first try with my relatively weaker wood team.

Yeah I saw that requirement and figured "whelp, looks like I'm doing at least the first step for water now and the rest later" since that's where my team is.

As for my question about star gems, I found where it's listed. First pulls give nothing extra, pulls after that give 10/25 blue for 3/4*, 5/20 SS for 5/6*. No info on what happens when maxed on the Solamber (the breakthrough item for dupes.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

And just because I decided to check the efficiency of the resource missions.
Gold rank 4: 45000 for 25 energy, 1800 each.
Gold rank 1: 15000 for 10 energy, 1500 each

Exp rank 4: 5 blue 9 green for 25 energy, 5100 total, 204 per energy
Exp rank 1: 1 blue 5 green for 10 energy, 1500 total, 150 per energy
(for same-element, no reason not to target that)

Equipment rank 4: 250 Sublime 17 assorted purple/blue/green/gray mats, 10 sublime each
Equipment rank 1: 100 Sublime 8 assorted green/gray mats, 10 sublime each

So while the higher ranks are better and worth aiming for, it doesn't look so much better you need to sacrifice early grinding for the sake of "efficiency" once your base is leveled up for gold/xp. Equipment and ship materials are notable since they've discrete higher tiers of materials. Better to level up before going all-in on those, though ship mats are their own bottleneck.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

For the most part yeah but the colossus material is way more efficient at rank 5. It's 25 energy for 5 purple parts vs. 30 for 10 purple parts, which are what's going to be gating you at that point. Of course, as far as I know, once you've finished upgrading the colossus there's no reason to do that stage ever again.

The gold one goes from 45k for 25 to 55k for 30, so that's like a measly 33 extra gold per energy.

Level 5? Where do I get the plugin to upgrade the bridge? It only says it's in 2-12, 4-7 and 6-14.

Oh... there it is in the 8-14 rewards. I did that info collection because I thought I was capped on currently-available. Thanks for the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

In the Rec Room in Alchemy Stars you can sometimes see people playing rhythm games. Saw one playing Beat Saber, and Louise playing one I didn't recognize with flying orbs.