Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wasn't sure how Romancing SaGa would transition to the mobile space (in English because I never played Imperial) but I'm loving this a lot. I'm also angry none of this carries over because I drew SS Gustav and that dude's Bear Crush for me is dealing 1000+ damage per hit, and I just know I'm not gonna get him again when full version launches. All this old music coming back is great, but the new battle tracks they cooked up are pretty phenomenal too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzNFkbFQ2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah the maintenance lasts until Thursday. I've been playing the soft launch for about a week now here in Canada and they shut us all out to get it ready for global release.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The performance on Crestoria isn't great either. They do apologize for it and promise further optimization in their letter from the dev team pop-up when you log in but it's pretty weird that a game like this struggles so hard.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Coincidently they just announced a new Castlevania mobile game, for China so who knows if we'll ever get it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I pre-ordered the adventurer bundle on PS4 primarily because they let the pre-orderers pre-load like a day early lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I actually have one of those super ASUS ROG 2s with the Switch style attachment, so I can button map any game to support physical controls, and even with that expensive accessory it felt weird and bad to play Genshin on in the half hour I fiddled with it there. Just gonna play it on PS4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The game supports crossplay across all platforms, but cross save is locked on PS4. Given how bad this game kills phones I dont really see myself needing to play it on mobile.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I've pretty much dropped any gacha game that doesnt have any gameplay beyond tapping attack options like turn based JRPGs. I find it hard for these games were you just end up setting it to Autoplay in the background to be too passive and unengaging.

I've been playing KartRider Rush+ pretty much daily for six months, the new 2020 Baseball Superstars from Gamevil, and Genshin Impact looks to be replacing all my JRPG stuff. I'm very excited for any of the three mobile Dynasty Warriors games to actually come out because that's a formula I'd love to rely on mobile. I honestly try to keep up with stuff like RomSaGa and Granblue but I just cant do that format anymore.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah there's two sparking currencies. One is given out for three star roles and the other for four and possibly five? I've yet to get a five but the shop has a section dedicated to spending those currencies and the four star store has a list of characters. They seem to rotate stuff in and out weekly.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I got thunder eyepatch girl twice and now she does a passive thunder shot every attack like I have the bird summoned, it's pretty sweet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey for whatever reason Arc System Works' BlazBlue is back and it's getting a gacha coming out in Japan next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbyeiTM7GQ

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gumi is just terrible for making gacha games, it's amazing that Square Enix has so much potential for these kinds of games but none of them are very good imo. Dissidia is probably the best one and even then I cant get too excited about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Langrisser Mobile people are making a Front Mission gacha. I'm interested solely because as a Square-Enix property with robots they'll probably do a Xenogears crossover.