Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I also played Re:Universe for a while when it launched in Japan last year. I dropped it partially due to the language barrier, but also soured on it a fair bit when I got deep into the harder stuff: while they give you a lot of tools and options to get inventive with your strategies when you're stuck, it also becomes a daunting grind to bring new characters up to speed when you're in the 600+ HP/ 50+ stats range with your main team. When they announced the global release I redownloaded it to check it out for a bit again, and it seems like they've added a ton of new features and QoL stuff but it's tough to tell if they ever really addressed the trouble with building new characters beyond running growth bonus events.

The gacha relies pretty hard on time-limited banners, but (at least while I was playing it) the rates were okay and they were pretty generous with the currency. It's doing really well in Japan, but I have my doubts as to how well it'll do globally since two of the three games it draws from the most for its characters were only recently released in english and the third is a sort-of obscure Playstation game from 1997.

It's recognizably a SaGa game and handles that style of combat very faithfully so I begrudgingly enjoyed it and will probably do so again. Plus the music fuckin slaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzNFkbFQ2Q&

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I've been checking out RSRU today, too. Seems like it's got some of the QoL additions and features the Japanese version didn't get for a while, like being able to buy styles with pieces and costume/portrait selection. There's also a set of starter quests that give you a good healer and a decent number of tickets for free pulls, which is good because it took a long time for healers to be widely available in the original release. Guilds aren't in, though.

There's an ad roulette that wasn't in the Japanese version iirc- you can watch up to 6 ads a day for random quantities of gems (looks like it's 10-30 per). No crazy changes to systems/pull rates as far as I've seen.