Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Nah, he's entirely skippable. I made it through the story without him. If I had to pick one SSR, it'd be blue slater. The only reason green meliodas is helpful for the story is most stages force you to use some version of him (for story reasons) and he's the best version of him available. But you can just use the free blue version if you have another unit to carry the stage (like blue slater).

I rerolled a few times for a 2-3 SSR tutorial pull and got Green Meli, Blue Gowther, and Green Jericho. I hardly use Meli but Gowther/Jericho/any debuffer is just steam rolling all PVP opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Adding to the 7DS tier list, don't sleep on Freesia in PVP. Her tier 1 base skill increases all enemies damage taken by 20%, she has all-target poison, and ultimate does 20% max HP for 3 turns. If your opponent has less than 60% HP they lose in 3 turns, less if you stack the poison and potentially another DOT.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Secx posted:

7DS owns. This is the only gacha game that has held my interest for more than a couple of days other than Fantasy War Tactics (RIP, gently caress you Nexon).

I just wish there were some QoL improvements like snoozing or disabling Death Match invites, a 4x speed option and how the energy system works. You cap energy too fast, so you constantly have to pick up your phone during the day if you don't want them to go to waste. I was thinking maybe increase time for energy to regen and decrease energy required per stage.

Having played a lot of the stamina mobile games I actually really like the fast energy recharge. It makes me feel like I don't actually need to play all day because any time I actually have to play I have a full bar. I can idle it in my pocket during meetings and I don't need to micromanage daily tasks because failure doesn't mean hours of wasted energy. I'm already drowning in energy potions plus you get a free potion every day just for cooking one dish so if I perchance have an extended play time I still have plenty of energy.

Too bad it eats so much battery!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Welp, I've completely lost interest in all of my gacha games at this point :( I'd like to play and enjoy something the way I played and enjoyed FGO for two years, but nothing is sticking. Is there anything good coming up soon?

Thanks for the write-up, that was just :allears:

I just picked up Guardian Tales. It's only available in select countries but fully translated and localized if you get the APK. It's a mix of Soul Knight and Zelda and actually really good! I've only gotten through the first world but there's tons of gaming references and Easter eggs. Try walking the Konami code in the Lost Woods!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I'm pretty into and it had no idea it was a series beforehand.

I tried it but on my Pixel 3 there was a 2 second delay with each click on anything. Super annoying and uninstalled.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Phyresis posted:

i love Yoko Taro and Nier and all that poo poo but SINoALICE is rear end

the interviews with him are hilarious, everyone asks him what influenced his designs for this game and the answer is always "to make money" but then he goes on about how won't even see any of that money and it is all going to Pokelabo and Square-Enix

Nier Reincarnation just went into closed beta. Looks interesting at least!

https://youtu.be/Q1ciqmLGccA

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Guardian Tales is supposed to have its worldwide release this week. I've been playing for about 2 months now.

The Good
Gameplay is basically a mix of Zelda and Soul Knight. It's really fun and challenging. The main campaign and extra challenges are awesome.

Events are always available after they run but the extra rewards aren't there.

There are a lot of characters with unique effects and synergies.

Pull rarity is 1-3* but all characters can be evolved to 5*.

Join a guild and you can run increasingly difficult boss fights which is really fun.

Devs have been working the last few updates to improve some of the garbage systems and things are better.

The Bad
Evolving characters takes a ridiculous amount of time. It's 6-8 weeks of dedicated farming to get a 3* to 5*.

Not only do characters have to evolve, but they also have separate HP/Def/Atk awakenings that make a huge difference. The problem is the awakening dungeon can only be run 3 times a day unless you pony up your gems.

The main source of gems is PVP. PVP is super imbalanced. By virtue of me starting earlier and having more evolutions and awakenings, you will stand absolutely no chance against me regardless of skill. Ranged characters are too good in 1v1.

Overall
Definitely give it a shot for the main campaign!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Is this one of the games you need to re roll a poo poo load for the best units?

No in fact rerolling is kind of a pain since it takes 30-40 minutes each time. Not sure if there are any new player bonuses to make things easier. You can earn currency (mileage tickets) to buy characters and their exclusive weapons from the shop. Save this currency for when you really need it because characters are quite the investment. Don't buy Piltvice or Libera.

You get a ton of great 2* characters through the story that are more than enough to clear everything. 2* characters are far easier to fully upgrade than 3*. Try to focus on a single element to start so you don't spread your stamina around multiple evolution dungeons.

You can get a 3* fire (Piltvice) for free in about 3 weeks after starting and the main character's exclusive weapon Libera in about 8 weeks or so depending on how much you upgrade the base. It will make sense when you get there. Some people recommend rerolling for the fire character's weapon, Prominence, since that character is guaranteed but this isn't necessary at all.

PVP will probably be easier with more people playing.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

While it’s only day two I honestly can’t think of the last gatcha game that didn’t throw a free 10 pull at launch.

It just seems a bit odd and stingy tbh. The game play is nice though.

The packs are ridiculously expensive. Like, $40 for 1/3 of a character evolution. Apparently this developer doesn't have a great track record with prior releases. I keep up with it because the gameplay is right up my alley and it doesn't ask you to run your phone all day auto grinding.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Whoreson Welles posted:

Started on this too, definitely super charming and active gameplay! I’m liking the little story beats and animations and as long as the gacha doesn’t get too obnoxious I might stick with it for a while.

It's not the gacha that's obnoxious, it's the awakening and evolution system that take 6-8 weeks to get a character to a useable state for PVP. Sadly PVP is the main source of gems at endgame. I still love the gameplay though.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

I installed this because it why not, and while some of the monetization seems questionable, the gameplay is excellent. Also I don't know if I'm just lucky or if it's how these banners work but I pulled Vishuvac out of last night's free ten and Eugene from todays, so off to a seemingly good start.
Good recommendation.

e: How valuable is pulling dupes? Should I keep using the free 10 daily ten pulls to get more Vishuvac/Eugene or should I use them on the weapon banners?

Don't get hero dupes to start. Try for Vish weapon. Eugene does not require her ex to function well.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Still rerolling, but I've gotten the AR 7 method down pat for the extra 20 summons from the mail. Keep getting shafted though.

Really wish I could invert the look axis. I turned down the graphics and my phone doesn't really get hot anymore.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Is anyone playing anything they're actually enjoying? I've basically uninstalled every gacha I had, just fell out of them, but I want SOMETHING to play.

Still playing Guardian Tales, it rules and the story keeps getting better. They're rolling out updates to fix a lot of quality of life issues too.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
If anyone is interested in Guardian Tales May 4 would be a great time to start. The 4 character banners synergize with each other and are arguably the best characters in the game. Use your guaranteed hero draw on Future Princess and guaranteed weapon draw on her exclusive weapon Liberator.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Shadowhand00 posted:

What's this guaranteed weapon draw? Is that only for new players?

New players get a guaranteed 3* hero in the first 30 character pulls and guaranteed EX weapon in the first 30 weapon pulls.

They actually gave it to everyone when they first introduced the feature. Sadly I got duplicates.

E: you're not guaranteed to get Future Princess or Liberator on their respective banners. She's just the absolute best for pretty much the whole game except guild raids and even there she can be quite useful.

cirus fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 7, 2021

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mix. posted:

Is there an official goon guild for GT? (assuming there's even enough people that play to merit one)

edit: also, if we pull a unique character, is it worth trying for their weapon as well? I got the new robot girl but don't know whether to put my gems towards getting her weapon or whether to try for any of the other characters besides future princess first, and save the weapons for last.

Some characters desperately need their EX to function. MK's is 25% more damage so it's nice but not strictly necessary. Same with Eugene, hers is just "can attack from range". FP's EX is crucial because it enables her healing on attack. Gabriel's EX enables her light resist debuff which is what makes her so strong in light teams.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

So I finally decided to try Guardian Tales and its really nifty. I thought I'd hate touch screen controls but the light lock-on makes it tolerable. I'm now to a point where I can roll for characters and I did 2 rolls for warrior and 2 for equipment. Not sure if that's what I'm supposed to do. Got Plitvice who seems higher rarity than the rest. So like.. am I just done with my little knight and puppy dog now since this character is better in every single way? What balance of character rolls to equipment rolls do I want?

Not to be a pain but I would reroll. Plitvice isn't very good on her own but more importantly you get her for free in Heavenhold and so you wasted your guaranteed 3*. Build your best team for PVE but you'll eventually need solid teams in every element for towers and guild raid. Knight is also useful because s/he always gives +20% points in event rifts.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I mean frankly it took me 3 days to get to the point of being able to roll in the first place so I'm just going to keep on truckin'. I'm taking it super slow since I'm only really playing on the toilet. I've never rerolled a gacha anyway.

Go for future princess if you can, she's the best all around character right now.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

As I was quarantined for 2 weeks due to living provinces, I tried to find another game to waste time.

I wanted something with sexy anime Waifus, and collecting, but easy, straightforward gameplay and not a zillion little things.

I tried out a whole bunch; kingsense, epic 7, illusion connect, kings raid, Honkai impact, isekai demon Waifu and ark knights. I enjoyed most enough but not enough to grab me, so I ended up trying Destiny Child again. I had played it briefly to get some skins for brave nine, but I couldn't access that account so I just started anew.

Guardian Tales!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

delfin posted:

Still plugging along in Guardian Tales... but I just hit the hard walls of a) 10-1, b) the difficulty of grinding Awakening stones, and (c) the difficulty of grinding enough evolution stones to get at least one unit up to 5*.

Gonna be here a while.

Buy two 50 stamina boosts in the shop every day. It cuts down on the grind significantly.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Go RV! posted:

I just got an ad for World Flipper, looks like it's finally in pre-registration. Any word on how that's doing nowadays? I remember there was a bit of hype about it when it launched in Japan way back when.

I played at release and it was quite fun. I just got tired of translating everything. The wind nerf was way overblown. Wind characters could do near infinite combo chains with near infinite skill recharge. It was so bad that wind outperformed all other elements even with elemental disadvantage. Obviously it needed to be fixed and they did so by nerfing the farmable weapon that made it broken.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I really liked World Flipper as a quick little side game. I only quit because it was too much trouble to try to translate everything and figure out teams.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mix. posted:

so for world flipper after you do your initial pulls should you keep pulling on the gala or should you start saving? I managed to luck into four 5*s, several of whom seem like theyre good to start with (Silty, Sonia, Nephteim, Ecreel), but I dont know if it'd be better to hold off now that I have a starting box or keep pulling to try to expand it further.

It's a great start. Silty will carry forever. I rerolled about 10 times and got Silty, Sonia, and Cag. I remember the skill boost starters being really useful.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I rerolled and all 3 5* came on the same 10 roll so I figured the account was blessed by RNGesus.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
My world flipper ID is 929927961943.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

postmodifier posted:

I'm taking a big ol break from it at the moment but Another Eden is really good, it's legit a Chrono Trigger sequel and the stamina/gacha elements of it are not exploitative at all, there's also an absolute shitload of content because they don't retire events or sidequests, you can do everything that's ever been released even playing from day one today

Revived witch is also crazy fun, I'm super into it

Did AE ever get less tedious? I had two problems with it - 1) Chant Scrolls were almost impossible to get so pulling any new character meant 2-3 months of farming to get to 5* and 2) endgame fights required so much swapping between front and back lines that it really dragged down the combat.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mix. posted:

There's also stuff like Alchemy Stars, which has only been around for about half a year or so, or World Flipper if you don't mind the fact that it's pretty light on story :v:

I feel a little obligated to mention Last Cloudia because it's basically one of my core three main games (and I put way, way too many :words: into the LC thread to not mention it) and there's some new years stuff going on right now that's really good value for new players, but it's a bit love it or hate it gameplay wise and it kinda depends on how much of a fan you are of really old school RPG systems

Bounced off Alchemy Stars due to the battle system. Too easy to get trapped with no way to move until your converter skills come back.

Guardian Tales is a lot of fun however I'm likely going to quit soon because I'm stuck on a dead server.

Disney's Twisted Wonderland is coming out in a few weeks might check that out.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

fyallm posted:

Got bored of AFK Arena a while ago but just call Call of Antia show up. Been playing a little bit but haven't seen much online about it. Anyone try this out?

Reviews say it drops you off a stamina cliff and becomes pay to play.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
"We're shutting down our gacha because the only dev/artist/playtester/debugger has been worked to death"

https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20220301-10138/

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Echoes of Mana is up for pre reg

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Mana themed gacha from Squeenix.

Here's the livestream if anyone is interested, I didn't have time to watch the whole thing but looks similar to SD3. There's coop. I skipped ahead some and they were fighting Zable Fahr. Could be interesting

https://youtu.be/xFahOqQxKNI

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mix. posted:

Tower of Fantasy's closed beta just launched and I managed to get into it, it's pretty neat so far (feels like a weird genshin/borderlands/pso2 hybrid but unlike genshin you can apparently see other players in the overworld like an MMO, unsure if there's a way to turn that off)

english launch is a little wonky with half the voice acting being unfinished (they acknowledged it before you play tho and said itll be done when the game proper launches), and i kinda like the system where the gacha is for weapons/styles to equip to the protagonist with a three-weapon loadout that dictates how your combat flows, and being able to actually customize your protagonist is kinda cool. Dunno if there's much interest around here to merit a thread when it goes proper live (or if anyone else is in the CBT) though :v:

ToF had major issues with duping and gamebreaking bugs/cheats so I don't have high hopes.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Echoes of Mana says release spring 2022 and will certainly be better than ToF

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think you're comparing apples and oranges here buddy
This doesn't look remotely close to the same gameplay genre

Yeah I was just throwing that out so anyone desperate for a new game knows it's coming and doesn't accidentally get sucked into ToF.

Re: Guardian Tales, it's a lot of fun but I quit after almost 2 years playing. There's a lot of content initially but at endgame it's the same bosses over and over with no creativity. Best advice for a new player is to buy 2 coffee refills every day which cuts down the grind time substantially.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
April 27 release!

https://youtu.be/RlVVmLqaKFQ

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Giving guardian tales another try since it was mentioned in the thread. Is there a goon guild?

Make sure to start your account on World 2, NA World 1 is a dead server which is one of the big reasons I quit.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

avoraciopoctules posted:

I have started playing the mana gacha. Not so keen on how when the mana goddess is talking, I finish a text box and click, but I still have to wait 2-3 seconds for them to finish talking before it actually advances. Art direction seems nice. The plot about being the chosen one to save the multiverse isn't quite what I was hoping for, but it's not a deal breaker and my first taste of the battle system seemed decent.

Just got to the mascot character showing up, and the child of ram pun definitely got a smile out of me. Good to see that we'll hopefully see some of the sense of humor that made Legend of Mana so charming.

"I'm scared sheepless" cracked me up

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Very hard coop is actually difficult and fun. One thing I noticed is that the game seems to buffer inputs when you're incapacitated so if you're trying to move while dazed the movement will happen after you recover. This put me in a bad spot a couple of times.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Trying to figure out the fastest way to level up in Echoes, I have Angela at level 60 and most of her board filled out, I'll spam the water dungeon to get the drops for her (still havent been able to pull fire Popoi, stuck using Duffle for my fire main). Even then she's still at 4700 and I really wanna get to 6000 so I can take on the co op very hard robot to complete that bingo. Got her with synced Menos gear that maxed out, oak gear, a level 30 4-star memory, i dunno. Feels like I'm missing something.

You don't need to be 6000 as long as you play smart and dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

postmodifier posted:

Level your memory gem to 40, you'll get a huge chunk of stats off that, should get you to 5k-ish

Next thing is going to be gear, I think maybe some of us could get together and run carries for the level 4 gear dungeons, it's super easy and getting 5* equipment is a huge boost to power level

I just cleared my friends list, if anyone wants to add me and see if we can coordinate some gear runs I'm all for it: 1047863063108191

Oh, also addendum if you want character levels the best thing I've seen so far is very hard mode 1-10, it's one room with like four trash mobs in it and it gives 200 exp or so, just keep pushing story mode until you can do that

Friended, here's mine if anyone is interested:

E: 1-10 VH only drops left side HP gear, you need to run chapter 2 VH for right side HP gear.

cirus fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 2, 2022