Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Last Cloudia just started running the Secret of Mana crossover.
Also, Grand Summoners is running the Knights of Blood banners right now which means it's a perfect time to jump in and start playing since the most powerful units in the game are on banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is 7deadly sins a gear collector like epic seven? Where you're spanking gear stages constantly for certain combinations of stats for certain characters?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What about rerolling. How important?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FFBE: War of Visions launches Wednesday. It's a tactics style game. It'll also probably be garbage.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It's Gumi, so set your expectations real low.

Yup, that's why I said that.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rerolling in gachas is the best part of the game.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 28, 2021

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There's a new Summoners War coming out this month. Aren't you all excited?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

I dunno I dropped way too much on the first one... what’s the deal with this new one?

Apparently live battles is the main feature.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've been out of the gacha market for a half a year. How is revived witch? Maybe thinking of playing it to hold me over until Lost Ark NA releases.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Question for you guys. I've played gacha games for maybe 8 years now off and on and one thing I have always wondered is do developers create accounts that are decked out to encourage whaling and to elicit the competitiveness within spenders. I've never seen any hard proof of it happening but I've seen suspicious stuff from time to time. I know in console/pc gaming any interference with devs in a production environment would be a death of a game, but how would you even prove it in a gacha game it seems almost impossible and there's like zero regulation preventing it.

I've recently started a gacha that was listed here recently and I was placed on a recently created server when I started a few weeks ago. Since then probably a dozen newer servers have been launched. There were whales and all of that, and that is fine. I knew the names of the big players on my server. Last night a super whale appeared that blew the others out of the water and they came from nowhere. Like overnight top of the leaderboard in every metric. This person I've never seen before at all. If they are a newer player why this server all of a sudden? Why not a newer server? It's very suspicious.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Guess who had $1 in Google survey money and now owns Chun li?!

The presentation is nice. The reddit seems dead. We'll see if my adhd has me uninstall before I hit a "F2P + a $1 Chun li" wall

Dunno what subreddit you went to but r/streetfighterduel is pretty busy. The discord is incredibly busy too. Lotta theory crafting and such going on over there.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bison talk: He's strong because of his kit. Stick him in limit break and forget. He'll keep up in levels with your lowest level character regardless of # of dupes that you have.

Also, his counter apparently isn't in the game yet, and that's why he's strong. There's apparently an immunity stripping unit in CN/TW that is his counter, but we just don't have it yet.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Zokari posted:

this street fighter game seems really sleazy with the monetization, even for a gacha game

you can spend 100 bucks to buy a character that is completely impossible to get any other way

Later on you unlock divination where you can target pull for him. Not saying it's super awesome, but it's a system similar to other AFK games to target ultra rares.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

New week. Better top up.

Trolling aside. What are you guys aiming for in the tarot rewards? I've been going after the fodder selector cards. They are definitely the biggest bottleneck, and will help complete the awakening challenges as well. I'll probably dump anything leftover into awakening bottlenecks which is probably the purple orbs.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 12, 2023

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

One of the games big whales is already making videos about the toxic aggressive monetization of Street fighter. No bueno

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This is the link
https://youtu.be/V6jyyaC_7bc

He's just shocked at how aggressive the monetization is this early.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lmao that video I posted yesterday he predicted one new currency tab at the top. I logged in briefly this morning and there were like 3-4 new tabs. poo poo is wild.

Apparently the cooking event highest ingredient is CC only too

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

kind of impressed at how quickly this has all turned around lol

anyway come join us in limbus, gacha goons. we just got a huge overhaul of everything to be even more player friendly. project moon is maybe too generous tbh

Is the UI still dogshit?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Arzaac posted:

I mean, I feel like the fact that it's an unlisted guarantee is a problem. That's going to encourage people to spend more because they feel like they got lucky.

This is exactly it.

People theorized this was the case with your early 10 pulls too. The first 10 pull in the tutorial guarantees one of 3, poison, cammy, and someone else. But the following 10 pulls appear to have increased rates, so people go yeah this is awesome. Then boom.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Apparently Bison is scripted to be a guaranteed first pull on divination as well. Which tracks with.me.pulling him yesterday when it unlocked.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Street Fighter Duel might be the most scummy pay2win game I have played. Bison being as overtuned as he is, the huge number if pop-ups trying to get you to buy more stuff, the nonsensical pricing structures (larger more expensive packs tend to have the worst values), drop rate concerns, and now a surprise new premium currency as the only way to get the new character. I truly have never actually played a game this greedy.

But I’m a dumbass with a high tolerance for gacha bullshit and bought both monthly passes at launch because I like Steeet Fighter and dumb idle games. Lesson learned I guess, a fool and his money are soon parted.

That's why it's generally advised to not spend in the first few weeks to month.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is this Star Rail supposed to be the next coming of Christ gacha?

What is the gameplay similar to?