Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm hype for Romancing SaGa Re;Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mugaaz posted:

Tell us more. Hype us all up.

It's got awesome music and classic SaGa gameplay (stat ups after fights, sparking techs in battle, formations with different benefits, etc.)

It has an interesting style mechanic: you Gacha for Styles instead of Characters, the base stats are shared amongst all Styles of the same Character and you can use one selected power of your other Styles. Mix-and-matching sounds interesting that way.

Gorgeous animations.

All the weird SaGa characters like Lobstermen or Robin or Alkaiser or Asellus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajFi7jBB_M

I played the japanese version for a bit, but my japanese is way too basic and I had to give up. It's coming in English in 2020 and I'm hype.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm like three weeks late replying to this, but it's worth pointing out that RSG Re has been an absolute runaway sales monster in Japan for, like, basically a full year running now. It routinely hangs out in the top ten grossing charts, particularly on Android, for upwards of weeks at a time. Given how much competition there is in Japan for game money at this point and the established titles you would be up against, a game that can do this in 2019 in its first year of operation has to have something going for it. I'll be interested to give it a whirl, too, though as always it's a bummer it'll likely be fairly behind the JP version. That's one thing I like about GBF's current operation: having everyone on one server means you can be as hype for the new stuff as the next person.

At least we know which Styles to save up for.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

CompeAnansi posted:

I've been playing Another Eden recently. It's a really well fleshed out single-player JRPG that happens to have gacha mechanics in it. It's great as a side game.

I couldn’t get into it because leveling your characters was slow and boring.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah it depends on what you're looking for. I'd find it annoying if it were a competitive PvP game, but you level fast enough to not have to grind by doing the various bits of story, so I haven't really noticed the slow leveling. What I have noticed is that there is like 500 hours of various bits of story content if you read it all.

I couldn,t keep up with the story and had to go back to slowly grind to get to the level expected for the enxt story part and it was annoying grind not mindless grind. :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pre-registering has started for Romancing SaGa Re;Universe, but only on Android.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33Q0cCOhdQ

Stll hype.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Zotix posted:

FFBE: War of Visions launches Wednesday. It's a tactics style game. It'll also probably be garbage.

The open beta for Romancing SaGa android also drops the same day.

I don't have an adroid device. Are emulators good now?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Yes they are.

I got Bluestacks, we'll see if it works.

I'll transfe rmy account to my iphone when the game is out, if I can.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Romancing SaGa Re;Universe closed beta is up, it lasts for a month and data is deleted.

So I'm probably not gonna play it too much, but I'm still gonna try it. Downloading it on bluestacks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

RSU owns, can't wait for the full release.

Guella Ha has a passive skill that gives you more gold: truly the bestest of bros.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm using both Hawke and Guella-Ha in my team, as it should be. I don't care that they're Silver and Bronze, they're my bros.

Edit: I should have taken a screenshot, but Gen calls Vardor a Rock Lobster.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 26, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ah! Polka literally communicates by Codec with Valdor, including green filter and frequencies.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Its jp only at the moment?

Really? It's on the canadian ios store.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Romancing SaGa Re;Universe is up for pre-registration on iOS, with a date of June 23.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Does that mean you can level A-rank in prep for an S-rank upgrade, or that the "ideal" team will be multiple-ranked copies of the same character to synergize?

You can only have a copy of a character in a team. But it does mena characters that you have multiple styles of can be customized more, by using their different stats growths and skills. You can equip one skill from one of the other styles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tortolia posted:

My Romancing SaGa Reuniverse pre-order on IOS just became downloadable, though the servers are under maintenance.

Maintenance lasts until the 25 IIRC.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I still don't have SS Rouge, but I feel like I got a fun team anyway.

Can't wait to transfer my game from bluestacks to my iPhone.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got Fate Robin, and I'm now trying to unlock the last expedition slot.

Urpina and Alkaizer dish out that damage so good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I went with Velvet for my pick because she owns.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Any Tales goon guild yet?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Game works fine on my iPhone XR. :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I made a guild for this dumb tales game.

GoonSquid (it can be changed later).

Pretty sure it’s just open to all

I also ended up creating a guild for the starter missions and it's already full lol.

It's called Avalon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I blame Artorius.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Also Romancing SaGa has amazing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hqxMsRT_Q

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm hoping this game gets people to try out the original series. Romancing SaGa 2 and 3, as well as SaGa Scarlet Grace, are all easily available and fun. The other games in the series are harder to get though.

Give me HD Minstrel Song dammit!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Let's say this gets me hooked and I want to try the others. Should I go for Romancing SaGa 1 first?

All the games are Stand-Alone. I'd say 2 or 3 are good starts since they got re-released recently and are easy to get on Steam/Mobile/Consoles.

The PS2 remake of 1, Misntrel Song, is one of my favourite games but is harder to find.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

I’m now on a weird gacha kick. I’m looking for a good fun game for my iPad because playing landscape games on my phone suck. I recently re-downloaded DFFOO and EpicSeven; there is a LOT to chew on for both games (especially E7). Which one is better to play long-term? Either, or is there something better I’m missing?

Also, has any goon played Shin Megami Tensei Dx2? Seems like a fun portrait-mode gacha that’s all SMT battles.... I haven’t seen a big community for it though, and I’ve been hearing Sega/Altus is pretty drat stingy with their mobile offerings.

The two games I keep playing right now are FGO and Romancing SaGa.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Framboise posted:

I'm having trouble trying to find another game to play. Puzzle and Dragons has been my go-to mobile game for years, but I updated my phone too early to Android 11 and I'm stuck playing it and having it feel like garbage on Bluestacks for a while.

I played Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links for a while and was digging it, but got exhausted with how the shifting meta more or less expects you to buy into a new archetype every new set.

I've been playing SINoALICE for about 2 months and while the game's aesthetically pleasing, I've grown very bored with the gameplay and extremely stingy gacha-- and how the game expects you to play it like a daily chore got old very quickly.

I've tested out Fate/GO and while I'm a fan of Fate and Type Moon stuff in general, it feels kind of slow paced for my tastes and I'm not super interested in some big story or plot-- I just want a game I can quickly play here and there with no huge time investment. Same goes for SMT Dx2-- just getting through the tutorials of these games was testing my patience.

I'm not quite sure what to try from here. Gacha games are fun but I tend to like games that are a little more skill intensive than roll-quality intensive. I'm an ex-whale and while I do occasional IAP on PAD, I prefer to play F2P overall-- so games that are F2P-friendly are nice too.

Yeah Fate/GO is all about the big story and the silly events.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Opening movie for Nier gacha game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dy3tI6OfU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

Here's some Disgaea RPG links I shamelessly stole from reddit:

Good news is that on the first free 4* roll you can just pull infinitely until you get who you want.

Desco, Laharl, and Valvatorez seem like the ones to pull for since they're still hanging in at the bottom of S tier in JP currently. Notable low stars are Thief(2*)/Pirate(3*) for increased treasure drop and Prism Blue(1*) for attack buff.

No one can stop me from making a dumb prinny team or whatever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I went with Mao cause I love Disgaea 3.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wait there are people who hate Disgaea 3? Lol.

Anyway I'm keeping a dumb Prinny in my team for the keep a monster alive objectives but also cause it's funny.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's an insanely bad game with a protagonist so bad he's only bested by someone that turned their mother into a rat and set hundreds of horny male rats onto her, mechanics that straight up don't work, a garbage plot and the best thing I can say about it is that Extreme Outlaw Overlord is very good.

Nah the characters and plot are fine. Mao owns.

Mechanics not working is bad though, what were they? And were they fixed for the Vita version, cause that's the one I played?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mix. posted:

Nier Reincarnation beta seems to be live, although nobody seems to be able to tell whether it's an actual open beta or just a lot of people got into closed without realizing it. Feels very weird to go look for a tier list only to find out there's only like. 8 characters in the game.

Android only I guess.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nier gacha soon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Re-rolling is for cowards, use the team you're stuck with. :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Whoa sked for a WipEout gacha?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4liaGiG1ku0

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Cheap Trick posted:

I wonder what the dislike ratio was before the video got pulled.

Extremely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gonna have to wait until I’m back home tomorrow, not a good idea to download all that data on LTE.