Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got Bluestacks, we'll see if it works.

I'll transfe rmy account to my iphone when the game is out, if I can.

Please let us know if it links to a Twitter account or email, I'm curious if I can do the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My Romancing SaGa Reuniverse pre-order on IOS just became downloadable, though the servers are under maintenance.

Edit vvvv: that's fine, it's GW in Granblue anyway.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 23, 2020

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does Re:universe let you link and run the same account on multiple devices like GBF (mobage logins) or Arknights (can link to a Twitter)? The language on the data link prompt makes it sound like a full transfer and I don't want to screw up my pre-order bonuses trying to be able to set this up both on my iPhone and Bluestacks.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

i got really lucky on this account, i think this is almost every top-tier SS style in the game atm

Yeah, that's an absurd roster.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Theswarms posted:

Its a good game that's a bit closer to a full fire emblem game rather than heroes - maps are much larger and less cramped.

But holy poo poo those dailies take some time. I ended up dropping it because it is a real time vampire.

This was my experience with Langrisser mobile around the time of global launch. Really quite fun but incredibly time consuming to keep up with dailies to get the upgrade resources you really needed.

I did some extra rerolls on Re:Universe and holy crap. Rolled Gustave / Ginny / Azami outright (all considered SS tier and the latter two apparently can't be farmed up) along with Ellen and Terry, got SS Rouge in about a dozen runs of 1-2-12, and just spent my 50 pinboard summon tickets and got SS Blue and A Rouge (to pass paralysis to the SS version). I've never lucksacked this hard in a gacha.

Also, game's fun so far.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's worth a try especially since the rerolling is built in and the Yoko Taro factor but I haven't loaded it in a few days and don't feel like I'm missing much. It launching a week after Re;universe did it absolutely no favors.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'll just note that RS2 does a generation skip thing that makes you periodically pick a new character and put together a new party, so there's some extra overhead there to deal with as you go. I think RS3 is a bit more standard as JRPGs go so that might be easier to pick up and run with. Re;universe also takes place in the same world as RS3 whereas the other games are separate.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I tried DX2 a bit and it didn't quite land. Some of the content seemed grindy in a way that required a bit too much attention for the daily effort (like launch Langrisser) but mileage may vary and I don't know if that's changed in the last year or so when I played it last. Also wasn't keen on how it isn't just enough to worry about what you need to fuse good demons, you need to try to aim for particular color choices on them when fusing or pulling since it can have a pretty significant impact on how they perform.

Worth a look if you like SMT since the production values are pretty solid but I don't feel it's by accident that you don't hear much about it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

so when gacha games do collaboration events, are the collab characters usually extremely rare to get as well?

I've seen some where you just get the characters through the events (Granblue) and some where they end up in the gacha and good luck (the Nier crossover stuff when SinoAlice dropped globally). Depends on how generous the dev is, ultimately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
When I played the SMT gacha there wasn't the standard element RPS thing that a lot of the genre had; instead each of the demons came in a few different color varieties which basically made some slight alterations to their loadouts and kit. Pulling a Surt was still going to be a beefy fire giant regardless of what color it was, but when looking to fully optimize one variant would end up being superior (and some would vary based on PvP vs PvE use, etc). The colors also played into fusion so there was a degree of "you want to fuse X demon using Y colored demons so the right inheritance happens".

Seemed interesting if a bit prone to "this is the good version" syndrome that most games inevitably get powergamed into.