Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought some fancy rear end tequila because it was on sale for like 17 bucks off. I've never had a really nice tequilla before how should I be drinking this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

One bourbon, one scotch, one beeeeer

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Walrus posted:

I just bought some fancy rear end tequila because it was on sale for like 17 bucks off. I've never had a really nice tequilla before how should I be drinking this

There are 2 generally accepted routes to getting tequila-smashed:

1 - get a lime and some salt and then proceed to do tequila training wheels by gnawing on the lime and salt after each shot, this will result in the citric acid dissolving some of your tooth enamel on your front 4 teeth if you let it sit there for too long so wash it down with more tequila

2 - find out if your tequila has trace amounts of mescaline in it, regardless of whether or not it does just drink it neat and make that simpsons lemon face after every swig. If it does have trace amounts of mescaline in it, depending on how high your alcohol tolerance is you might see the occasional eyeball in the walls before you black out but don't panic, the eldritch mescaline creatures are generally harmless*

If your tequila has a caterpillar in it, whoever gets the caterpillar shot has to eat it but just swallow it whole, the caterpillar has absorbed significant alcohol so your drunk mind will merge with that of the drunk caterpillar and you will transmogrify into a beautiful sloppy drunk, at this point you may notice you haven't been wearing pants for an amount of time that is unknown to yourself or your drinking partner, they may also be missing pants or may even be wearing yours, this is the mystery of nice tequila

Godspeed goon and just remember don't make eye contact with the mescaline eyes under any circumstances, they will pry your secrets from your boney skull and use them to fabricate a crude simulacrum that will eventually replace you outright, and to make things worse your friends and family will prefer the clone

*edit: just don't anger them, maybe play some Dark Side of the Moon

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I thought Caterpillars were only found in Mezcal?

I had a Mezcal worm once, from a bottle my parents brought back from holiday. I can honestly say it didn't do anything for me when I ate it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

1 - get a lime and some salt and then proceed to do tequila training wheels by gnawing on the lime and salt after each shot, this will result in the citric acid dissolving some of your tooth enamel on your front 4 teeth if you let it sit there for too long so wash it down with more tequila

2 - find out if your tequila has trace amounts of mescaline in it, regardless of whether or not it does just drink it neat and make that simpsons lemon face after every swig. If it does have trace amounts of mescaline in it, depending on how high your alcohol tolerance is you might see the occasional eyeball in the walls before you black out but don't panic, the eldritch mescaline creatures are generally harmless*

If your tequila has a caterpillar in it, whoever gets the caterpillar shot has to eat it but just swallow it whole, the caterpillar has absorbed significant alcohol so your drunk mind will merge with that of the drunk caterpillar and you will transmogrify into a beautiful sloppy drunk, at this point you may notice you haven't been wearing pants for an amount of time that is unknown to yourself or your drinking partner, they may also be missing pants or may even be wearing yours, this is the mystery of nice tequila

Godspeed goon and just remember don't make eye contact with the mescaline eyes under any circumstances, they will pry your secrets from your boney skull and use them to fabricate a crude simulacrum that will eventually replace you outright, and to make things worse your friends and family will prefer the clone

??? agave has mescaline?? also this is *good* tequilla, I've had lots of jose and el jimador and whatever shot with lime

from what I can tell my best course of action is to drink room temp from a wine glass so that's the plan

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Fat Little Lamb 8% alcohol hard "cider" (it's actually cider flavoured malt liquor). The only alcoholic beverage I've ever seen sold in a plastic soft drink style bottle, each of which contains eight standard drinks and sells for anywhere from $4 to $12, which is ridiculously cheap compared to the rest of Australia's highly taxed alcohol. It actually tastes surprisingly good so long as you stick to the cider or ginger flavours.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

blatman posted:

It's considered a great honour if plant spirits decide to reveal themselves to you

They might gently caress with you but that's only because they are trickster spirits

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
that said thank you for speeding me by god

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I thought tequila was made out of cactus arms shows what I know

Maybe my tequila experiences aren't so much tequila as they are "getting dosed with psychedelics secretly by assholes" experiences, stranger things have happened!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

Fat Little Lamb 8% alcohol hard "cider" (it's actually cider flavoured malt liquor). The only alcoholic beverage I've ever seen sold in a plastic soft drink style bottle, each of which contains eight standard drinks and sells for anywhere from $4 to $12, which is ridiculously cheap compared to the rest of Australia's highly taxed alcohol. It actually tastes surprisingly good so long as you stick to the cider or ginger flavours.

In the UK we have a ton of variants of this, except it's all artificial and has never seen an apple throughout the manufacturing process. The most common is one that comes in a 3 litre bottle called White Lightning, drank mainly by tramps and students.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

My DIY cider turned out good enough to get wobbly without too many drinks, next one I'm gonna live dangerously and make some applejack

I don't know where I read this, maybe this thread, maybe somewhere else, but supposedly the danger of applejack is the methanol produced by the yeast chowing down on the tannins from the apples but the cure for methanol poisoning is ethanol and there's going to be a whole lot more ethanol in this than methanol so I'll probably be fine

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I usually chug the fermented contents of a grode jar.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

blatman posted:

My DIY cider turned out good enough to get wobbly without too many drinks, next one I'm gonna live dangerously and make some applejack

I don't know where I read this, maybe this thread, maybe somewhere else, but supposedly the danger of applejack is the methanol produced by the yeast chowing down on the tannins from the apples but the cure for methanol poisoning is ethanol and there's going to be a whole lot more ethanol in this than methanol so I'll probably be fine

The consensus on applejack is that there isn't enough methanol to worry about at levels of consumption that are realistic. Concentration by freezing only concentrates so much, and beer and wine yeast make very little methanol. Most of the problems with methanol poisoning in the past are thought to be a product of bootleggers boosting their poo poo cheaply by adding any alcohol they could find to their output, including methylated spirits.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Well if I die from this and become a methylated spirit myself I'm haunting every one of you guys

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

blatman posted:

Well if I die from this and become a methylated spirit myself I'm haunting every one of you guys
do NOT haunt me past 8 PM to 8:22 PM on sundays thats MY PERSONAL TIME

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Whatever cheap hard alcohol is on sale followed by chasers of whatever cheap beer is on sale until you're around the same level of drunk as everyone else at the party, then whatever other people are drinking because they insist on sharing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im gonna do so many drop shot shirley temples tonight :clint:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Stuff with vodka in it.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

whatever free bottles of wine I get sent home with on a Friday after work wine tastings, quantity and quality varies.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

The Walrus posted:

every time the wife goes home to Mexico or one of her family comes up to visit I wind up with another bottle of primo tequila. I have 9 of these fuckers now and have no idea how to drink them to do them justice. Last time was a bottle of Don Julio Real, that poo poo goes for 4 yards a bottle. I drink the cheapest jim beam normally, my palate isn't sophisticated enough to warrant primo hooch.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_yYwX0sQk

AutumnDDP2
Nov 11, 2018

We all have to think about things sometimes. I guess.
Homebrewing will never produce enough ethanol to be a concern. The problem is if you try to distill it. That stuff is illegal to make without a licence throughout most of the US for a reason.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Drink what you want how you want. Don't let goons bully you out of enjoying being drunk.

I like cheap beer, red wine, and tequila with salt and limes because it tastes good.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
50ml Tequila
25ml Lime Juice
25ml Simple Syrup

Shake with ice. Serve in a glass with a salted rim. It's delicious.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If you ever want to gross out your bartender, order a tequila and coke.

It’s not actually bad, just so uncommon they think you’re nuts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

For average every day drinking it's usually either bourbon and coke (Evan Williams and Coke Zero, respectively) or gin and ginger ale, but when it's time to get absolutely shithoused, I usually break out the slivovitz.

It's objectively bad. It tastes like someone kind of swished a plum through some turpentine or something. I don't know why I like it. But I do.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've always wanted to celebrate my heritage with a nice bottle of slivovitja but not really actually

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Espelon tequila latelys been great, drink it with SQUIRT grapefruit soda.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Literally A Person posted:

50ml Tequila
25ml Lime Juice
25ml Simple Syrup

Shake with ice. Serve in a glass with a salted rim. It's delicious.

Add 25ml of Cointreau or Gran Marnier to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
If I’m drinking out. Nothing seems to get me drunker faster than a dry martini. It makes sense now that I think about it because they are 2.5-3 shots of just vodka and a little bit of vermouth. Also the warmer it gets, the grosser it tastes, so I tend to drink them pretty quickly.

If I’m home, vodka and seltzer. If I’m really in a hurry, just straight Booker bourbon.