Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
AEW Breakout Star
This poll is closed.
Private Party 8 4.71%
Darby Allin 108 63.53%
Riho 20 11.76%
Tony Schiavone 34 20.00%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1196601527005143040

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 11/20 via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

REY FENIX DEFEATED NICK JACKSON

These two had a great opener. Shocking, I know.

They got a standing ovation before they even locked up. They opened with a hot sequence of teases and reversals on the floor, ending with both missing a dropkick in the ring.

Fenix hit a pair of springboard headbutts, then his rope-walk armdrag. Nick missed a dive to the floor, and Fenix hit a cutter on the outside. Fenix connected on a senton atomico for a near fall.

Fenix missed a rope-walk kick. Nick hit a series of kicks and used a knee strike for a two count. They hit simultaneous superkicks. Nick hit a springboard Frankensteiner for a near fall.

They traded superkicks and both went down. Fenix hit a rope-walk flying headscissors to the floor. Nick hit a kick. Fenix responded with a cutter for a near fall.

They exchanged strikes and kicks on the apron. Nick hit a German suplex on the apron, then a springboard facebuster on the inside. Nick then hit a springboard destroyer for a two count.

Nick used a sharpshooter, but Fenix reached the ropes for a break. Nick tried a tombstone, but Fenix pulled him into a cradle for a two count.

The finish saw Fenix hit a crazy springboard roundhouse kick in the corner, then use a muscle buster for the pin.

Nick offered a handshake after the match, but Fenix refused.

HIKARU SHIDA DEFEATED BRITT BAKER

A surprising result here. They worked hard and had an above-average match.

They traded shoulder tackles and leg sweep takedowns. Baker went for Lockjaw, but Shida was able to avoid it and reach the ropes.

Baker hit a clothesline, then used a vertical suplex for a two count. Baker used a chinlock. Baker ended up bleeding from the nose.

Shida hit some strikes in the corner. Baker rolled outside, where Shida used a chair as a launch pad for a knee strike. Baker came back right away with a springboard armdrag, a slingblade, then a facebuster. Baker covered for a two count.

Shida missed a running knee strike in the corner. Baker hit a draping DDT for a near fall. Shida hit another jumping knee strike in the center of the ring.

They traded strikes. Shida used a judo throw and hit a backbreaker for a two count. Shida hit a running knee and made a cover. Baker turned her over into a Lockjaw attempt. Shida reached the ropes.

Baker hit a swinging neckbreaker, but Shida kicked out at two. Shida blocked a thrust kick, then used a thumb to the eye. Shida used an inside cradle and a falcon arrow for a pair of near falls, then hit another running knee for the pin.

The announcers threw to a hype video for the Dark Order. This was a recruitment video to join the Dark Order. The presenter invited the viewers to stop losing, cut through life's chaos, and join the Dark Order.

MJF & HANGMAN PAGE WON THE DYNAMITE DOZEN BATTLE ROYAL

Your participants were Billy Gunn, Pentagon, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela, Kip Sabian, MJF, Sonny Kiss, Hangman Page, Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, Marko Stunt.

Chuck Taylor dumped Pentagon as he was distracted by Chris Daniels.

Sonny Kiss and Billy Gunn had a twerk-off.

MJF threw out Kiss. They did a roar spot with Billy Gunn. Gunn tossed Jimmy Havoc and MJF. Havoc ran back in with a staple gun and attacked everyone with it.

During a break, Shawn Spears hit Janela with a chair and eliminated him.

Cassidy and Gunn faced off. OC hit some kicks, but MJF tossed him out. Gunn and MJF had a staredown. Gunn hit a Fame-asser. Page hit a Buckshot Lariat on Gunn, who was distracted by Wardlow. Page tossed Gunn.

Sabian eliminated Taylor with an assist from Penelope Ford. Jungle Boy threw out Sabian.

It looked as though the final two were Page and Jungle Boy, but MJF was hiding on the floor. He eliminated Jungle Boy, so your winners were Page and MJF.

Page and MJF had a pull-apart after.

Jericho and Jake Hager were shown walking backstage before a commercial. They talked to the Librarians. Le Champion's big announcement is next.

CHRIS JERICHO'S ANNOUNCEMENT

Jericho told the crowd to sit down and shut up. He then apologized for his conduct after his temper tantrum last week. He said he was fined and had to pay for all the damage he did.

Jericho couldn't say "sorry", so he had Hager say it for him.

Jericho said he's getting his long-awaited thank you next week in Chicago. He promised a celebration, an aquarium, games, clowns, and the biggest celebration in pro wrestling history.

He said he was glad it was happening in a city with a hockey team and two baseball teams like Chicago, not a dump like Indianapolis.

Jericho and Hager went to leave, but were interrupted by SCU's music. All three members of SCU came to the ring.

Scorpio Sky said Jericho was a paragon of virtue for his apology. But Sky said that Jericho neglected to mention why he had to apologize. It was because Sky pinned him and gave him his first loss last week.

Sky said his DMs have been blowing up all week, and his high school crush found him and they're going out as a result. He said he was sorry for embarrassing Jericho.

Jericho said he wasn't embarrassed and that Sky's crush has gained a lot of weight since high school. Sky said he likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Jericho said he wants Sky one-on-one. Daniels said Sky would need at least a month to prepare. Jericho said he only has a week. Sky said he doesn't deserve a title match. Jericho said too bad, because they're wrestling for the title next week.

sky said he's waited fifteen years for this chance, and next week he's making Le Champion his Le Bitch.

The two sides started brawling. The rest of the Inner Circle ran down to make this a 5-on-3. Brandon Cutler and Michael Nakazawa ran down to try to even things up, but never made it into the ring.

Jericho laid Sky out with the Judas Effect, then posed over him with the title.

Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt ran in and were dealt with. Luchasaurus entered and faced off with Hager as Jericho bailed. Hager begged off, and the Inner Circle retreated.

This was a great segment.

LUCHASAURUS DEFEATED PETER AVALON

Luchasaurus won in seconds after hitting one kick and an Extinction.

PRIVATE PARTY DEFEATED PROUD & POWERFUL

Santana and Kassidy began. They traded shoulder tackles. During a commerical break, Kassidy hit a hip toss and Santana rolled outside.

Back from break, Quen and Ortiz were in the ring. Santana hit an avalanche Russian leg sweep. Ortiz hit a DDT. Santana got a tag and hit a bridging German for a two count, as Kassidy saved for Quen.

Santana and Ortiz passed Quen back and forth in a vertical suplex position for like 90 seconds. They went through a second commercial break with Proud and Powerful working over Quen.

Back from another break, Kassidy got a hot tag. He hit a springboard moonsault to the floor, then used a destroyer on Ortiz. He covered. The ref held up his count becuase either Ortiz was supposed to kick out and he didn't, or Santana was supposed to pull the ref out of the ring. This was a bad botch and the second screwed up match in as many weeks.

Quen hit a flip dive on Santana. Private Party tried a Silly String, but Quen's back gave out. P&P hit a superkick/powerbomb combo for a two count. Santana hit Kassidy with a cutter for a near fall.

Ortiz took the referee. Santana grabbed his blackjack. Nick Jackson ran in for the save. Private Party hit the Gin and Juice and got the pin.

Sammy Guevara ran down to attack Jackson after the match. Dustin Rhodes ran in for the save, hitting P&P and Guevara with his cast.

These guys were in a tough spot having two commercial breaks in their match, and the bad botch didn't help things.

They ran down next week's show. PAC vs. Kenny Omega, Cody Returns, MJF vs. Hangman Page, and Chris Jericho vs. Scorpio Sky for the AEW title are on next week's Dynamite.

Kenny Omega cut a pre-recorded promo from a gym. He said he lost his marbles and lost his way when PAC beat him at All Out. He said he's glad for the chance to redeem himself next week.

The main event is up next.

JON MOXLEY DEFEATED DARBY ALLIN

Allin entered in a body bag. Moxley entered through the crowd. As soon as he stepped over the barricade, Allin hit a dive. They brawled into the crowd. Allin hit a Thesz press over the barricade into the crowd.

Moxley posted Allin, then hit a suplex on the floor. They finally made it into the ring and the bell rang.

Allin hit a Woo dropkick. He tried a crossbody off the top, but Moxley no-sold it. Moxley hit his own shotgun dropkick. Moxley hit a couple of beals, then used a uranage backbreaker for a near fall.

Moxley continued working on Allin through a commercial. Back from break, Moxley had a cloverleaf applied, then transitioned to an STF, but Allin reached the ropes for a break.

Moxley got caught in the ropes and Allin hit a crossbody. Allin flew over the top to the floor, while Moxley didn't go over with him.

Allin took control on the outside. Moxley tried to climb back in, but Allin hit a dropkick. They fought on the top rope. Moxley got his hand caught up in the ropes and might have dislocated a finger.

Moxley hit an x-plex. Allin hit a tope suicida. Allin brought the body bag into the ring. Moxley hit a lariat, then put Allin in the body bag. Moxley stomped on the bag, but the ref let Allin out.

Allin made a brief comeback with a stunner. Moxley hit a black hole slam. Moxley tried a Paradigm Shift, but Allin reversed into a schoolboy for a near fall.

Allin hit a destroyer for a two count. Allin went to the top for a Coffin Drop. Moxley caught him coming in and locked in a choke. Allin rolled through into a pinning combination for a near fall.

They climbed the ropes. They bit each other's hands. Moxley hit a second rope Paradigm Shift for the pin. The show ended with Moxley celebrating.

News
Plans are in the works for TV in California in early 2020.
Jerry Lynn's injury was a bulging disc and he is having surgery to repair it.
This week's DARK Main Event is Omega vs JACK loving EVANS for the AAA Mega Title.

Upcoming Schedule
Bash at the Beach is 1/15 in Miami and continues the next week on the Jericho Cruise! 3 nights of wrestling with one of them being Dynamite.
The Next PPV:
Maybe there won't be one...

Next Week on Dynamite:
Pack vs Omega
Scorpio Sky vs Chris Jericho for the AEW World Title

Links
Everything Elite Podcast the #1 podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your First AEW Women's Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Champion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
aew good, democratic debate awful

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEoWns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

once again here's I to present the AEW Dinobites posters of the week for this Wednesday night

1. Pollyanna
2. karmicknight
3. Jerusalem
4. oh but seriously I
5. Raskolnikov38

Congrats to all. looks like there is a select few elite who post their heart out every drat week for now. but anyone can do it and the show just keeps getting hotter and hotter. keep on going next time and I'll see you next time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite was so loving good and next week we get Scorpio Sky challenging for the title and the loving BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND RING reveal.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wrestling is great and I loving love this.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

aew is still good folks

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I'm more excited to go to next week's Dynamite than I was to go to No Way Out 2002.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
AEW discovered that murdering Darby Allen will get you past 1million viewers

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
the big flaw in this episode is that I had to consume it in linear time, and could not simultaneously beam Felix/Jackson and Darby/Moxley directly into my brain

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
aew is... bad. i'm just kidding with you all, it's actually good still

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite was great, Darby is a loving star (so is Jungle Boy) and I love the thread title.

Wrestling is good. Life is good.

:)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm so glad Jurassic Express and Shida are going over.

Cavauro posted:

once again here's I to present the AEW Dinobites posters of the week for this Wednesday night

1. Pollyanna
2. karmicknight
3. Jerusalem
4. oh but seriously I
5. Raskolnikov38

Congrats to all. looks like there is a select few elite who post their heart out every drat week for now. but anyone can do it and the show just keeps getting hotter and hotter. keep on going next time and I'll see you next time

oh jesus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I love A E W

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Pollyanna posted:

oh jesus

someones got the wrestling bug

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i would like to formally request that everyone else refrain from posting in next week's thread so that i can be the poster of the week. thank you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Darby vs Mox was so good that we should be talking about how good it was.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

1. Pollyanna
2. karmicknight
3. Jerusalem
4. oh but seriously I
5. Raskolnikov38

Hey good list, good job friend. Just one issue. You left me off the list, which is weird because I'm the number 1 AEW fan of the week (yet again). You should take another look at the numbers, friend.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

oh jesus

exposing the business

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welcome to the addiction, baby :clint:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drew McIntyre posted:

someones got the wrestling bug

sorry about your mrsa polly anna

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Daniels is alive and well, please take that RIP off his face

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

MassRafTer posted:

It was good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

AEW is about 2 hours, so that's one post a minute.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Darby just launching himself at Moxley the moment he climbed over the barricade was insane, and then the finish was also insane. Darby is so loving cool.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pollyanna posted:

oh jesus

it is fun to post

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I look forward to the next time dynamite comes back to Boston and I’m getting a ticket the second they go on sale

Wrestling is great

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wish Jungle Boy was in something of a program. He just feels under utilized, kinda swinging around, you know?

I actually never recognized Billy Gunn was that big. Having him come out to put over new talent was good. Guy seems to have having a lot of fun, too.

I don't know how you guys follow the live thread for AEW, I'm usually running around during commercials and trying to get stuff done and don't have time while watching to post about it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

be sure to look for NienNunb in next week's top five posters.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't post in the GDTs that much because I'm too busy watching the show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

I wish Jungle Boy was in something of a program. He just feels under utilized, kinda swinging around, you know?

The pop when he came running down to help Marko was insane. He's going to be a huge star.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

As the mind behind Judas Frog, I would like to give myself an honorable mention for AEW fan of the week

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i havent won any fan of the week, hell i havent even posted the weekly tv thread. im sad

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

The pop when he came running down to help Marko was insane. He's going to be a huge star.

the way they ratcheted up from the job squad to luchasaurus trying to save the day was real good. marko's attempt was particularly funny

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The opening video Darby had for his entrance was great and they should keep doing that for big important matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thinking of re-designing the poster of the week formula in order to help keep people from being extremely sad

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could post in the game day theads but my laptop broke. Only way I can watch is on my phone which is also my only way to read these threads. Some day I'll get to be poster of the week.

That being said holy hell that show. I loved how Darby looked like a small child compared to Mox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho harassing Marko Stunt was great too, especially when he tried to catch him out as underage by asking his birthday and then couldn't do the math himself :allears: