Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
AEW Breakout Star
This poll is closed.
Private Party 8 4.71%
Darby Allin 108 63.53%
Riho 20 11.76%
Tony Schiavone 34 20.00%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

AEW is about 2 hours, so that's one post a minute.

GDTs are a hell of a drug.

- signed, second place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

DoctorGonzo posted:

i havent won any fan of the week, hell i havent even posted the weekly tv thread. im sad

its the old guard holding down the new blood

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh also also also MJF just being a huge piece of poo poo and ruining everybody's good time like 3-4 times throughout the battle royal was amazingly well done.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Quality content from a quality poster!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Oh also also also MJF just being a huge piece of poo poo and ruining everybody's good time like 3-4 times throughout the battle royal was amazingly well done.

MJF being the fun police in battle royals is a very good role for him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They're good posts, Pollyanna :hai:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

MJF kicked some incredible rear end in that battle royale, he is great at being the biggest douchebag imaginable.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

MJF being the fun police in battle royals is a very good role for him.

a very MJF way of getting heat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiderdrake posted:

I wish Jungle Boy was in something of a program. He just feels under utilized, kinda swinging around, you know?
I don't think a Luchasaurus solo push is the right move because it risks exposing him too soon, but that's what tonight felt like. But even if the Inner Circle story develops there's plenty of room for tag work there, and there's still Dark Order around somewhere. So my hope is they're just re-establishing Lucha since he's been out and we'll get all of Jurassic Express back on track and winning some matches. AEW obviously is invested in them. I just think Lucha being hurt derailed them and AEW trusts that Jungle Boy can survive the losses and stay over.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here’s the Jericho poo poo that was commercial :(

Spoiler alert: this poo poo is hilarious. Please watch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1197335821810094080?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, the Dark Order storyline isn't done between them and Jurassic Express. We've seen the stick and now these #JoinDarkOrder video(s) are going to be the carrot and logic dictates that one of them is going to snare Marko.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1197335821810094080?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

SHOW ME SOME ID! WHEN'S YOUR BIRTHDAY?!?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please add the fact that Darby Allin is undefeated at wrestlemania, unlike that coward the undertaker, to the OP. Thanks!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Doc M posted:

I don't post in the GDTs that much because I'm too busy watching the show

:same:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm glad people have decided they like the Little Trump Fundraiser again!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Doc M posted:

This is true fandom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, The Dark Order getting a storyline to go with their gimmick ruled too. You know, it strikes me that almost everything on AEW owned this week and each week before this too :thunk:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Doc M posted:

Me too. Which is weird. I'm so used to spending my wrestling watch time mostly reading forums posts about the terrible show and commenting on said terrible show.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

fatherofmustard posted:

I'm glad people have decided they like the Little Trump Fundraiser again!

Very much same tbh

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm annoyed Jericho knows exactly how to use Hager. He stands around like dweeb, people fall on him, runs away from a dinosaur and apologizes. He never looks cool. He starts to emote, SCU arrives at the perfect time.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Me too. Which is weird. I'm so used to spending my wrestling watch time mostly reading forums posts about the terrible show and commenting on said terrible show.

Shitposting about how poo poo the bad show is was the only way to get through it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Excited to see where the Dark Order stuff goes

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

PROGRAPS IS GOOD AGAIN

with AEW

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Jake Hager ran from the dinosaur like a coward, but Peter Avalon was man enough to not only face the dinosaur head on, but to enrage it first as well. A true man’s man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that once again, the Inner Circle bailed from a fair fight. Marko, Cutler and Nakazawa all died, but as soon as the two bigger members of Jurassic Express were there to back up SCU, that's 5 on 5 and they ran.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I only look over during commercials and usually post quickly if I'm excited or whatever but I think I should stop doing that. not that I missed anything but it's sort of distracting in a way and I want to soak in the show fully. I do tape the show so I can watch again another day anyway but still. what a dilemma! life is hard.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the poll not being multiple choice is a coward's move

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I should post more is what I'm reading.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1197359772359675909?s=19

Gimmick of the year

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welp. Dark Order are officially good. It’s fact.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Lord of Hats posted:

Jake Hager ran from the dinosaur like a coward, but Peter Avalon was man enough to not only face the dinosaur head on, but to enrage it first as well. A true man’s man.

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1197340938294714374?s=20

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Welp. Dark Order are officially good. It’s fact.

Hey, people hated Disneyland when it started.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I am very happy people are starting to realize Dark Order rules and also Evil Uno is a very beautiful human.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm going to buy a Dark Order shirt on AEW's black friday sale, unless all of their shirts are ugly

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Drew McIntyre posted:

i'm going to buy a Dark Order shirt on AEW's black friday sale, unless all of their shirts are ugly

they actually have one of the cooler designs if I remember right

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Spiderdrake posted:

I actually never recognized Billy Gunn was that big. Having him come out to put over new talent was good. Guy seems to have having a lot of fun, too.
Watching his match against Tanahashi was a trip-and-a-half.

Speaking of size

Bumper Stickup posted:

That being said holy hell that show. I loved how Darby looked like a small child compared to Mox.
Darby is such an ideal babyface: natural underdog, has to use is speed to win matches, bumps like a madman, takes an unholy amount of punishment so you have to kill him if you want to win. I don't think the audience wants roid monsters to be sold as underdogs anymore, they want someone like Darby who has all the talent, training, and charisma in the world but has an average body type that makes him way more relatable and maybe makes them believe that they too could be such a heroic pro wrestler.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I am very happy people are starting to realize Dark Order rules and also Evil Uno is a very beautiful human.

When I read a post saying they're like Power Ranger villains, they finally clicked with me. Dark Order rules.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Allen's a natural babyface. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with his style but when he's hurling himself with reckless abandon at the bigger threat you can't help but pull for him... and pray he doesn't snap his neck.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
looking at the shop and not seeing a PAC shirt. not cool!

moxley, omega and janela's new shirts are pretty nice designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I just got the dumb meta joke they did with Jericho and Luchasaurus. Jericho throwing the dinosaur book away saying he doesn't like dinosaurs and running away when Luchasaurus makes the save.

Intentional or not that's great.