Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
actually it's kinda hard to see how you could define bitcoin legislatively when forks are possible. who decides which fork is the "real" bitcoin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

HappyHippo posted:

actually it's kinda hard to see how you could define bitcoin legislatively when forks are possible. who decides which fork is the "real" bitcoin?

it's the one that makes me the most rich

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the real bitcoin is the bitcoin that runs on the bitcoin blockchain

the bitcoin blockchain is the blockchain that runs the bitcoin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they probably should have written the law so the choice of blockchain is delegated to the financial regulator rather than baked into the text

nevertheless, lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this is the real bitcoin because its ticker name is "bitcoin" not "btc" like the fake one

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

haveblue posted:

they probably should have written the law so the choice of blockchain is delegated to the financial regulator rather than baked into the text

nevertheless, lmao

Ooooh. What if delegated the choice of blockchain and other regulatory body things like that to a DAO.

Code is law!!!

There is no way this can ever go wrong.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

nevertheless, lmao

absolutely not because they'd just delegate it to something reasonable that technically fulfills the requirements without actually causing too many problems

like doesn't IBM have some imaginary blockchain thing, i'm sure they'd be happy to take a bunch of government money to write "yes this is a cryptocurrency" on a few dollar bills or something

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

it's the ones with ron paul on them

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i won't be satisfied until bitcoin is legal tender per the constitution as the founding fathers intended! and i'm not even american

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I thought Fraudo was keen to be open and honest and tell us all everything about his little gently caress up?

https://twitter.com/molly0xfff/status/1618673689502912512?s=46&t=MjyS6Mu6Pu95jPKHH0A6Xw

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is what happens when you stop prosecuting white collar crime because it's "too hard"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

I thought Fraudo was keen to be open and honest and tell us all everything about his little gently caress up?

https://twitter.com/molly0xfff/status/1618673689502912512?s=46&t=MjyS6Mu6Pu95jPKHH0A6Xw

they're not interested in entering in to a constructive dialog, they just want to figure out where all the money went and who embezzled what. definitely not the sort of positive environment sbf would be a part of

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
well maybe if he updated his crime blog more often with new confessions they wouldn't have to ask like that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

well maybe if he updated his crime blog more often with new confessions they wouldn't have to ask like that

you gotta subscribe to his OnlyScams for the real good stuff

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oilysams lol

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i can't wait for the crimeblogposts after he exhausts all of his own crimes and begins confessing the crimes of his immediate family members
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1618681488345554944
excited to find out exactly how many bankmans, frieds, and bankman-frieds wind up in prison by the time this is all wrapped up

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lmao, please tell me sam bought the trump hotel

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao, please tell me sam bought the trump hotel
hilton bought it and it's like a mile from the capitol building

a multi-million dollar property within blocks of the capitol building is, like, a four bedroom rowhouse lmao

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Blotto_Otter posted:

excited to find out exactly how many bankmans, frieds, and bankman-frieds wind up in prison by the time this is all wrapped up

zero.

rich people not being punished for financial crimes is more important than a slightly less rich person criming on them once or twice

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Shame Boy posted:

the real bitcoin is the bitcoin that runs on the bitcoin blockchain

the bitcoin blockchain is the blockchain that runs the bitcoin
the DAO that can be named is not the eternal DAO

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Endless Mike posted:

hilton bought it and it's like a mile from the capitol building

a multi-million dollar property within blocks of the capitol building is, like, a four bedroom rowhouse lmao

which members of congress live there for cheap/free

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

all of them

there were two polycules

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

all of them

there were two polycules

the division line might surprise you

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Beeftweeter posted:

all of them

there were two polycules

cawthorn still has a key but knows there's a price on his head in the senate

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Neon Noodle posted:

the DAO that can be named is not the eternal DAO
the dao is silent dumb

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

cawthorn still has a key but knows there's a price on his head in the senate

he moved to florida because the retirees remind him of the senators

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Beeftweeter posted:

he moved to florida because the retirees remind him of the senators

wheelin and feelin

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Blotto_Otter posted:

i can't wait for the crimeblogposts after he exhausts all of his own crimes and begins confessing the crimes of his immediate family members
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1618681488345554944

It's frieds all the way down

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fried fam on the lam

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
has anyone photoshopped the fifty shades freed cover to instead read fifty shades fried yet?

let's just pretend i did

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

ehhhh, as far as statutes go, it's fine. it first defines bitcoin as legal tender, then defines specifically what bitcoin is, presumably so one can't claim eth or bitcoin cash or whatever is bitcoin and thus legal tender.

i thought the "real" bitcoin (as in the most commonly used one) was officially called bitcoin core

seems that legal definition could be interpreted at least as including bitcoin classic, if not any of the other forks

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

this is bcash erasure

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
your teeth wouldn't have been hacked if you had invested in satoshi's ever-growing tooth chain

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

EricBauman posted:

has anyone photoshopped the fifty shades freed cover to instead read fifty shades fried yet?

let's just pretend i did

i`ll pretend to start the wiki

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

My PIN is 4826 posted:

It's frieds all the way down
the real treasure was all the frieds we narc'd along the way

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

FAUXTON posted:

fried fam on the lam

scammin' from the Sam, Friedman on the scam lam

e:
for anyone not aware of this relatively obscure reference, have this instructional image

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 27, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We're just normal Bankmen. We're just innocent Bankmen.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Paladinus posted:

We're just normal Bankmen. We're just innocent Bankmen.

I wanna scam like common bankmen

I wanna crime however common bankmen do

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

not as many as you'd think! freshmen members don't have the connections yet to live for free and live in group homes together (seriously) or just sleep in their offices and use the capitol facilities to bathe, since it's not like they're actually in DC for more than a few nights when in session. there's some that live on the hill, but not as many as you'd think, and they're almost all senators, since reps might be out in two years, while senators at least have six years. there's definitely some getting discounts but i wouldn't say it's universal, and legislators who have been in office for awhile were able to get in before real estate got too insane. others just keep smaller condos, often outside the city. ron and rand paul shared one in arlington (not sure if rand still has it), as did mccain. i know bernie and mcconnell both have homes within a few blocks of me. mcconnell is, unsurprisingly, an awful neighbor according to my friend who used to have a condo on the same street. aoc lives in an apartment in navy yard above the whole foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Endless Mike posted:

not as many as you'd think! freshmen members don't have the connections yet to live for free and live in group homes together (seriously) or just sleep in their offices and use the capitol facilities to bathe, since it's not like they're actually in DC for more than a few nights when in session. there's some that live on the hill, but not as many as you'd think, and they're almost all senators, since reps might be out in two years, while senators at least have six years. there's definitely some getting discounts but i wouldn't say it's universal, and legislators who have been in office for awhile were able to get in before real estate got too insane. others just keep smaller condos, often outside the city. ron and rand paul shared one in arlington (not sure if rand still has it), as did mccain. i know bernie and mcconnell both have homes within a few blocks of me. mcconnell is, unsurprisingly, an awful neighbor according to my friend who used to have a condo on the same street. aoc lives in an apartment in navy yard above the whole foods

is that so