Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
looking forward to the ten-hour video blogs detailing crimes hitherto unknown to humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Trillhouse posted:

he's going to pissed when it's not a gaming laptop

finally a use for those OLPC devices

(one laptop per criminal)

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Trillhouse posted:

he's going to pissed when it's not a gaming laptop

i thought the thing about league was it would run on a literal potato computer

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
give him one of these and let him loose

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

give him one of these and let him loose

is he supposed to eat that fancy urinal cake?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Paladinus posted:

He will only be allowed to play unranked and against bots in League.

cruel and unusual, but i like it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

Sam Bankman-Fried, founder of fallen cryptocurrency exchange FTX who claimed to have just $100,000 in his bank account last November, is preparing for trial in October backed by a roster of powerful attorneys. But it has remained unclear, until now, how the former billionaire would afford his pricey defense. Forbes has learned that Bankman-Fried has been paying legal fees from a multi-million dollar gift he gave his father with money borrowed from FTX's sister company. In 2021, while CEO of FTX, Bankman-Fried made a large monetary gift to his father, Stanford Law professor Joseph Bankman, two sources with operational knowledge of both companies told Forbes. It was funded by a loan from the exchange's trading firm, Alameda Research, they said.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahemerson/2023/03/29/sam-bankman-fried-legal-fees-funded-by-alameda-money-gifted-to-father-joe-bankman/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

quote:

Bankman-Fried is currently represented by Mark Cohen and Christian Everdell of Cohen & Gresser, both former federal prosecutors who were part of a defense team that advised Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell, who was convicted in 2021 of sex trafficking a minor.

sam's gonna be executed

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao

sam's gonna be executed

Sam Bankman-Lethal-Injected

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

Lol he's going to get his parents locked up too

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gubbinal Girl posted:

Lol he's going to get his parents locked up too

Yeah, they absolutely signed up for that when they used the stolen money to pay for his legal defense.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they can't arrest a mother father, son trio for the same mountain of crimes:sureboat:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
he did buy his parents a mansion funded with crime money and they were somehow just cool with that happening, so I'm gonna assume that they were in on, and that they also think they're too smart and too good white of people to get in trouble

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boxturret posted:

they can't arrest a mother father, son trio for the same mountain of crimes:sureboat:

this ain't double jeopardy it's family feud

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Mercury_Storm posted:

he did buy his parents a mansion funded with crime money and they were somehow just cool with that happening, so I'm gonna assume that they were in on, and that they also think they're too smart and too good white of people to get in trouble

reminder that his mother was seen laughing in court

she found how few of her son's crimes they had uncovered hilarious

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

you're grounded, young man!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boxturret posted:

reminder that his mother was seen laughing in court

she found how few of her son's crimes they had uncovered hilarious

She raised a Bankman-Fried after all

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

divabot posted:

looking forward to the ten-hour video blogs detailing crimes hitherto unknown to humanity

like I said before, he's gonna become a pioneer in criming via gopher, telnet, et al.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
sbf gonna learn Atreides hand language to confess his crimes

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

like I said before, he's gonna become a pioneer in criming via gopher, telnet, et al.

SBF found in possession of a Gameboy Game Link Cable

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
sam has been taking vocal lessons so that he can imitate modem signals in preparation for this. his crimes are always 2 steps ahead

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

sam has been taking vocal lessons so that he can imitate modem signals in preparation for this. his crimes are always 2 steps ahead

they were worried about mitnick hacking the pentagon over a prison pay phone but they had no idea he was merely a herald.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the only way of safely keeping sbf from committing crimes is to have his eyes and mouth covered so he can't speak or blink, and his body incased in resin so he can't move it to tap out morse code.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have no mouth and I must scream (about my crimes)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there will be a special sect of deaf monks created to feed him, they will be train explicitly to not read lips

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

they are going to use t-shirt cannon robots to deliver his uber eats orders last mile to him (and also t-shirts)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

reclusive sbf "cannot wear pants"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they will breed a special type of shrimp that throw themselves in to his mouth

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
sbf is the chuck norris of crimes

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It could work...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR5rKr-p6lc

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

isn't he living with his parents? are they gonna be banned from owning phones or is the guard just going to be camped out on the stairs to the basement/"man cave"?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
sbf either walking out a free boy or somehow bringing his parents down with him are both equally funny outcomes and i hope we get to see one of them. or both

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

isn't he living with his parents? are they gonna be banned from owning phones or is the guard just going to be camped out on the stairs to the basement/"man cave"?

you see, his parents are very good lawyers that would never dream of committing crimes. similarly they cannot fathom sam — an extremely good boy — doing anything illegal. it's laughable, really. ha, ha! ha! hear the laughter? i'm sure this will all be cleared up and we can then get some ice cream cake for sam because he's been such a good sport, and a very good boy, about these continued misunderstandings

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Your honor, he's but a boy. It's more of a pillow fort!

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

sbf either walking out a free boy or somehow bringing his parents down with him are both equally funny outcomes and i hope we get to see one of them. or both

when the judge runs the numbers through the sentencing guidelines spreadsheet there are so many crimes it overflows the sentence and he has to serve -2,147,483,648 years

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

you see, his parents are very good lawyers that would never dream of committing crimes. similarly they cannot fathom sam — an extremely good boy — doing anything illegal. it's laughable, really. ha, ha! ha! hear the laughter? i'm sure this will all be cleared up and we can then get some ice cream cake for sam because he's been such a good sport, and a very good boy, about these continued misunderstandings

*several pojnds of crimes out of from SBF’s parents’ pockets and purse*

Ah! Well, other than that,

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i just realised, if mark did nothing wrong and sam did everything wrong, what happens when they approach each other? cosmic level attraction followed by slamming into each other so fast that all living beings on two continents go deaf? or matter-antimatter style anhilation?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

trucutru posted:

SBF found in possession of a Gameboy Game Link Cable

MFer gonna wonder trade Pokemon nicknamed as his confessions.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Weatherman posted:

i just realised, if mark did nothing wrong and sam did everything wrong, what happens when they approach each other? cosmic level attraction followed by slamming into each other so fast that all living beings on two continents go deaf? or matter-antimatter style anhilation?

they neutralize into a creature that does things that are technically not wrong but seem like they should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FAUXTON posted:

this ain't double jeopardy it's family feud