Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i like that since the last time this was posted it's been wrapped in a tiktok that was subsequently wrapped in a tweet

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the original video file starts with "tumblr_" too so there's an extra layer lol

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i'm just amazed how well they get the voices.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nybble posted:

1.2 million followers, posts this:

https://twitter.com/nickjfrost/status/1464749188604956673?s=21

@doodtown only has 479 followers lmao

For a moment I was afraid you were talking about Stuart Ashen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

i want to believe ashens is smarter than to fall for nfts but we've seen at this point that everyone has their price and it seems to be shockingly low for a lot of people

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Poundland NFT Funko Pop 55-Year Old Canned Beets Easter Special

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He retweeted this recently, so I think it's safe to say he's loyal to physical tat.
https://twitter.com/computermuseum/status/1464200635906154498

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

njsykora posted:

i want to believe ashens is smarter than to fall for nfts but we've seen at this point that everyone has their price and it seems to be shockingly low for a lot of people

It's either hawk NFTs or get a real job so

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/delta____wither/status/1463576449118523392?s=20

https://twitter.com/Eclysia/status/1464239596670173196?s=20

I'm positive this has already been linked here but loving lmao 147 twits about how their wife is leaving them over spending 147k on a loving pixellated ape

02B6C4
Sep 19, 2021
it was a troll

02B6C4
Sep 19, 2021
people want to dunk so hard they reinvent the net

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

02B6C4 posted:

it was a troll

It's so loving hard to tell any more, there are actual idiots who will spend 180k on pixellated apes.

Although the "She right-clicked the kids" is :discourse:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
haha, i fooled you! you thought i was saying and doing dumb things but it was a ruse! i said and did dumb things but it was you! you are the ones who look like fools now because you laughed at me!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/switch1e_swoof/status/1464702361096577025

Here, have some extra hate because it's horrendously unfunny.

02B6C4
Sep 19, 2021

orange juche posted:

It's so loving hard to tell any more

same person

02B6C4 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 29, 2021

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Boxturret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqr0oER03SE

I can't wait to be contacted by elon msuk, personally, with a personal video to me only asking me by name to give him bitcoins so he can give me 5x back

I got an ad for Crypto.com before this video lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

Boxturret posted:

why do people always think that if you test it with a tiny amount that means it's safe to throw everything you own in the hole??

it's exactly what the scammers want you to do
Haven't you ever heard that past results are a perfect predictor of future performance?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

mystes posted:

Haven't you ever heard that past results are a perfect predictor of future performance?

that sounds familiar, but i think it might be missing a word somewhere...

drk
Jan 16, 2005
past results are a perfect predictor of future performance, so you should put in about $200k

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
please enjoy the full first episode of this official nft cartoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-xkPP7Hfk

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

never thought i'd be longing for the transpotimers again but here we are.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there's a frankly worrying lack of hobos urinating on the main character in that, how can it possibly hope to keep up with bitcoin and friends starting bitcoin?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

also how does the ownership rights of an ape nft image deal with an animator making a dozen variations of it for animating? is that like art forgery or something?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Thanks, but I'll stick with Bitcoin and Friends.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Elaborate ‘CryptoEats’ Food Delivery Scam Steals $500,000 in Minutes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Thanks, but I'll stick with Bitcoin and Friends.

well they are paying you

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boxturret posted:

also how does the ownership rights of an ape nft image deal with an animator making a dozen variations of it for animating? is that like art forgery or something?

if you read the youtube description you will discover that these identical looking copy-paste apes are each a different $100k nft

all those bit.ly links go to opensea

e: wait i misread this

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they removed ape #6408's legally mandated eyecoins, thus breaking the tos and opening them selves up to legal action

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

and the beard! it's a complete fake

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One could have paid a fraction of that to an artist to come up with interesting distinctive character designs.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 29, 2021

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

not a single part of this is good or funny but i really didn't expect anything

the last 2 minutes are credits, half of which are "executive producers'

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if you read the youtube description you will discover that these identical looking copy-paste apes are each a different $100k nft

im the "blue-chip NFTs"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I wish they all went to the opensea and drowned.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there's a line of nfts that's defining trait is skeleton with large nail in their forehead

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Boxturret posted:

there's a line of nfts that's defining trait is skeleton with large nail in their forehead

draculacoin?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shame Boy posted:

im the "blue-chip NFTs"

I'm the things that are not as they seem but actually might be.

or maybe I'm the planet hosed up by humans mining NFTs

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Boxturret posted:

they're not the same (animation versus static image), so it'd just constitute violation of intellectual property rights - assuming that owning the nft actually means owning said IP, which would require some other document

i'm assuming TRAF here basically falls under BAYC, since they mention it in the tags at the bottom of that youtube screenshot? if so, then unless some other provisions apply for this variation of dumb ape art, then it does not actually appear that buying an nft entails any transfer of IP rights, as the BAYC terms and conditions posted elsewhere (maybe just in the grey forum thread, i forget) state that the buyer gains a license (in essence just a right to use the company's IP under certain conditions and for certain purposes). more importantly, this license isn't even defined as being exclusive or irrevocable, so for all you know BAYC might at some point decide to withdraw or alter the license, or decide that it's fine if someone other than the person/wallet with the nft does anything with the IP - or at least isn't worth the bother of any legal action

anyway does anyone have any idea what the legal concept is behind buying this episode? i went to the bit.ly link and it told me nothing except that somehow at the time of writing it has 211 owners. are you supposed to be entitled to a cut of whatever revenue it might make, or be able to decide in any way on how this IP is used, or is it simply another case of "idiot people are expected to be willing to pay massive amounts of money for this for no remotely sensible reason whatsoever, so you'd better get in on it right now if you want to get rich"?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sombrerotron posted:

or is it simply another case of "idiot people are expected to be willing to pay massive amounts of money for this for no remotely sensible reason whatsoever, so you'd better get in on it right now if you want to get rich"?

it's this

also apparently amc are doing spiderman nfts as a ticket pre-order bonus for the new one of those, we've reached the point where they're literally giving nfts away for no obvious reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AMC is deep in meme stonk land, it’s basically just buzzword compliance for them