Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The "vaccinated doctors are dying" conspiracy ON THE BLOCKCHAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

who are these dead billionaires i keep hearing about

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
We need to get this to Ye's desk stat

yes yes you already said he was from Florida no need to repeat yourself

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

ah yes, it’s the cia and mossad swooping en masse into puerto thats the problem, crypto dude who moved from florida with other crypto dudes en masse

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

CommieGIR posted:

"You can't tow my car, its on the blockchain!" :qq:

If you make a NFT of a real car, and the car is seized by your creditors tomorrow, you still have the same asset.

Because the token still exists and is in limited supply just as before. Nothing has changed.

What NFT is doing to the concept of asset, few understand.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
just fill up the tank with a bit of the ol' slurp juice and drive away in your multiple new cars, laughing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

im @delete_shitcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
look that laptop they'll find was planted!!

also, elrn: if bitcoiners are going to be killed off en mass, can that FINAL TWEET thing be added to the site?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Noted co-collaborators, Mossad and CIA who both basically hate each other.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
look at these late-comer failsons who need backing from two whole states to drown when Mircea Popescu did it all by himself

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

and karpeles just sails on serenely..

actually has anyone said "Karpeles Space Program" yet? That would have been better when he was in jail I guess

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmBdKoqq1o

still clinging separately to "we didn't have a risk management person to tell us everything we were doing is wrong!"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i just can't believe how much this guy keeps talking and talking lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
question: is flagrant embezzlement a risk?

question 2: for whom?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
question 3: what does "include customer funds in liquid assets" mean

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boxturret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmBdKoqq1o

still clinging separately to "we didn't have a risk management person to tell us everything we were doing is wrong!"

if only someone told me how much risk alameda was running on my exchange

such as its majority owner. boy I wish that guy told me something.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

this guy really is loving something else

https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1599511560384225281

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kim Dotcom has his shitfingers in every fash/idiot pie, doesn't he.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
if you think about it, his malfeasance was only exposed when the entire thing collapsed from under him. it's imperative that he discover why it collapsed. his embezzlement and misuse of funds is simply a distraction from the real matter at hand here

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this guy got a job at a massive pe firm then leveraged that into starting his own hedge fund then leveraged that into starting a crypto exchange in like 2 years. I have a feeling the clueless softboy thing is a bit of an act. that or the people giving him money were pulling to strings for real

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“once I’ve completed my learning journey on how I managed to spunk away 8 billion loving dollars on Bahamas mansions, my own shitcoin , fast food, and my greasy polycule buddies I feel I will be emotionally ready to stand in front of some senators for a quick chat about the whole messy business.”

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"Really I think one of the main issues is that we were spending too much time on regulation."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

qirex posted:

this guy got a job at a massive pe firm then leveraged that into starting his own hedge fund then leveraged that into starting a crypto exchange in like 2 years. I have a feeling the clueless softboy thing is a bit of an act. that or the people giving him money were pulling to strings for real

when $8b vanishes the only possible explanations are criminal activity and massive incompetence so yeah him telegraphing massive incompetence is to be expected

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what about massively incompetent criminal activity???

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

or actively criminal massive incompetence :thunk:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I get what you’re saying and I absolutely agree that there is a degree of “please I’m just a baby I don’t know about money” but when that “performative incompetence” takes the form of him continuing to talk about his crimes at the point where doing so can only result in giving prosecutors more ammunition, we have to assume that the performative incompetence was backed up by a heathy dose of actual incompetence, and now the latter is driving the former.

In short, a smart person pretending to be a dumbass would have dropped the act, shut up, and gone dark by now. What we have here is a dumbass who thinks he is a smart person pretending to be a dumbass.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it's crypto. past experience indicates that, yes, everyone involved is as stupid as they seem. the fried man, the investors, the people with money on the exchange... literally everyone involved in this probably has dog poo poo brains

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/status/1599466158893432832

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

Ariong posted:

What we have here is a dumbass who thinks he is a smart person pretending to be a dumbass.

yeah this is it exactly

its so funny to watch

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

it's crypto. past experience indicates that, yes, everyone involved is as stupid as they seem. the fried man, the investors, the people with money on the exchange... literally everyone involved in this probably has dog poo poo brains

hard 2 argue with this

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

:fishmech: confirmed

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

once i heard about the "playing videogames during the investment pitch" thing i realized that yeah this dude's just actually that stupid and everyone around him was just blinded by him accidentally falling rear end-backwards into money over and over that they couldn't see that they're the reason it kept happening.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

playing videogames during a meeting, and not even having the decency to be good at them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

once i heard about the "playing videogames during the investment pitch" thing i realized that yeah this dude's just actually that stupid and everyone around him was just blinded by him accidentally falling rear end-backwards into money over and over that they couldn't see that they're the reason it kept happening.

you can’t start a hedge fund without customer money to manage gamble with. who were these people who got him started before all the stupid hype?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dudes dumb as poo poo but not dumb enough to have no idea how $8b of other people's money wound up in his other pocket

he is dumb enough not to know how it then fell out of that pocket after he stole it

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

you can’t start a hedge fund without customer money to manage gamble with. who were these people who got him started before all the stupid hype?

both his parents are stanford law professors. he wasn't exactly starting from nothing. with the obscene quantity of wealth that's been flowing upwards for the past few decades there's so much slushing at the top with nowhere to go that i imagine having the right connections and asking is a far more effective way to get people to give you money to invest than any track record or concrete investment strategy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Boxturret posted:

i just can't believe how much this guy keeps talking and talking lol

mycrimes.mp4

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
at this rate they'll eventually find mycrimes.mkv, a 2 hours 4K 60fps montage of sbf's top crime committing moments, complete with full dub in 5 languages and subtitles in 9

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

at this rate they'll eventually find mycrimes.mkv, a 2 hours 4K 60fps montage of sbf's top crime committing moments, complete with full dub in 5 languages and subtitles in 9

didn't some company already license the movie rights for all this or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SBF: "Experience my crimes in the metaverse"