Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Programmer Humor posted:

a sierpinksi pyramid scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

*LATEST FEUD  😏

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lmao. No poo poo

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1616849979477295104?s=46&t=Lw_FW3E33PcenYCp2NTgAw

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
how many one single coins does binance not have right now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

always remember, as your "coins" become "away from you," that the real bitcoin was the friends we made along the way

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Do these people think there is any practical purpose to writing “not financial advice” immediately before or after they give financial advice, ir is it just another stupid custom?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
hello, i'm the ceo of your bank telling you that you should never invest more than you can afford to lose, and really, at the end of the day it's just money, it doesn't really matter. this is not an ominous statement at all, good day and remember, I live in a country with no extradition treaties.
that's just a bit of fun trivia, don't think to much about it

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if you are a member of the fbi or law enforcement you cannot enter this website

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

qirex posted:

always remember, as your "coins" become "away from you," that the real bitcoin was the friends we made along the way

i loved in the early days of bitcointalk when scams were happening every day how the butters would almost to a man console themselves with sth like that

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

its a good thing this isn't financial advice, as the day i take financial advice from cz is the day ill put a bullet in my own skull

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Weatherman posted:

i loved in the early days of bitcointalk when scams were happening every day how the butters would almost to a man console themselves with sth like that

as opposed to now where scams happen every hour or minute

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

as opposed to now where scams happen every hour or minute

the bright, vibrant community can only console 7 scams a second so more and more bitcoin degenerates, as they like to be called, are being left to despair on their own

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i do miss the earlier era of buttcoins where it was innovative new scams like the "honest ponzi" or "the bitcoin gem" or the "faucet" and not just every exchange slowly collapsing under the weight of their own hubris.

it's still funny, but it's been going on too long and i hope we get to the conclusion soon.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Boxturret posted:

the bright, vibrant community can only console 7 scams a second so more and more bitcoin degenerates, as they like to be called, are being left to despair on their own

don't worry, the stealing network will be up and running any day now and it'll permanently solve the scam throughput problem

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's no way Schnutz investments isn't run by Dee Schnutz

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is number doing? Isn't everything going even more bad than usual currently?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yes, and that's good for bitcoin!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I believe number is like dogs and it just sort of does things arbitrarily.

Caros
May 14, 2008

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I believe number is like dogs and it just sort of does things arbitrarily.

This is true. If by arbitrarily you mena some bitcoin exchange probably just bought a bew hundred million in bitcoin by printing a few billion in grey ghosts e-bucks tokens that are totally convert able to usd on request so long as you don't request them.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
well like dogs number does things with purpose, but sometimes the reason is so dumb it seems like there isn't one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have a feeling that people who were doing other coins and nfts and poo poo are moving back into bitcoin because the alternative is to not gently caress with cryptocurrency at all and that's probably their whole identity and personality at this point

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i tried diversifying in to ftt, luna, and a dozen others that all exploded, so I'm going to go back to the safe paragons of stability: bitcoin, bitcoiin, bitcoin cash, bitcoin classic, bitcoin SV, and bitcoin 2

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

market cap of 250k+ real human dollars that can be withdrawn from compliant exchanges for actual currency, promise

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Boxturret posted:

market cap of 250k+ real human dollars that can be withdrawn from compliant exchanges for actual currency, promise

i love investing in things that could be worth almost a tenth of a cent, or pretty much any value lower than that because who even knows how many zeros are hidden by that ...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EricBauman posted:

i love investing in things that could be worth almost a tenth of a cent, or pretty much any value lower than that because who even knows how many zeros are hidden by that ...

it's seven!
$0.0000000009524

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
HarryPotterSonicObamaElonInuCoin is the future of money , because there is only a finite supply unlike FIAT dollars printed by the grasping FED

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

EricBauman posted:

you fool! that just means you can get more for the same price! you wouldn't know a great deal if it punched you in the face

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

you fool! that just means you can get more for the same price! you wouldn't know a great deal if it punched you in the face

i think there’s probably a sweet spot for those deals. some numbers are funny and some numbers are not. like if I can give someone five cents for seven thousand sonic coins that’s funny and I might do it. but if it’s seven hundred million sonic coins that’s not funny. but it’s funny again if it’s eighty trillion.

brb founding a crypto trading firm to profit on funny number arbitrage

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

don't invest all in one coin, instead invest in a bunch of coins whose price is tied directly to the price of one coin but also can crash to zero without the the main coin's price changing, genius!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoiners diversify as well as they they decentralise

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
code:
# ls -l /dev/coin/

total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 bnb -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 btc -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 doge -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 eth -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:24 matic -> usdt
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 01 00:23 usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 xrp -> usdt

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what a coincidence

https://twitter.com/wallstreetpro/status/1616931029402394624

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
you can’t spell “coincidence” without “coin”

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

actually, this is good for bitcoin, because

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

this is good news for Ripple, the payment settlement system of the future
they're gonna replace SWIFT any day now

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

SubG posted:

code:
# ls -l /dev/coin/

total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 bnb -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 btc -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 doge -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 eth -> usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:24 matic -> usdt
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 01 00:23 usdt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 01 00:23 xrp -> usdt

lol

usdt should link to /dev/null though

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
is it too late to get in on pirate@40

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lol

usdt should link to /dev/null though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao lmao lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
it's not swift doing it.
it's just the single bank that all of crypto uses for wires, so it just looks like the whole world is halting them

decentralization strikes again