Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

quote:

How can I teach the homeless to use bitcoin? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 13 hours ago by Unusual-Cheesecake70 redditor for 2 weeks

I want to teach the homeless how to use bitcoin. How should I go about this? Any good resources out there I can supply them? I’m thinking of passing out pamphlets at shelters.
Are there any wallets you would recommend that is safe enough and simple enough for them to understand quickly?
With inflation coming the homeless problem is only going to get worse. It’s time to get them using bitcoin so at least a small percentage can possibly benefit.
And think of it like this, if they gently caress up and lose the money or just don’t ever use it or lose their keys, bitcoin will only get more scarce, then more valuable.
We are incentivized to help these people!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
friendship ended with dogecoin

now cummies is my new best friend

*bf looks at other girl meme but it's elon and she's labeled #cummies*

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1400971477051133956

:chloe:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
abbott looks like a white shaman who cuts out people's spleens for rituals

while they're still alive

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
You underestimate the california ideology, jack def believes he’s a savior

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Gazpacho posted:

F— F— FUDcoin?

blugu64 posted:

facts u dislike

fedcoin?
facts ewe dislike coin

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/underthebreach/status/1401151858366894081

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

its probably a mule, a poor kid paid to turn the funds into cash for a small cut

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hashtag cummies

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

wasn't the whole bitcoin tumbler/mixer thing basically just theatre because given sufficient time you could back trace it all anyway? And assuming you wanted to get the funds out, it would all converge right back into addresses you owned, making the whole exercise pointless.

"oh this 2 million dollars in tethers received in a thousand blocks of transfers ? No no that's completely legitimate"

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/xiang_aw/status/1401111234703814656?s=21

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish crypto had more personalities like that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
so that it could be better understood as a disease of the brain

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

wasn't the whole bitcoin tumbler/mixer thing basically just theatre because given sufficient time you could back trace it all anyway? And assuming you wanted to get the funds out, it would all converge right back into addresses you owned, making the whole exercise pointless.

"oh this 2 million dollars in tethers received in a thousand blocks of transfers ? No no that's completely legitimate"
yep. it was all traceable at lest back in the mt gox days

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Chris Knight posted:

hey it's not like bitcoin has changed at all since then

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

wasn't it that in order to be effective, the tumbler needed to have orders of magnitude more coin than was being passed in, and everyone agreed that if a tumbler ever got that amount, whoever was running it would absolutely just run off with the balance?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Beelzebufo posted:

This is from an ad on SA

i looked into this in the gray thread (:suicide:)

amounts are measured internally by "fragments", which are then divided by the "guh cost". it works by just increasing the "guh cost" constantly, so that 1 GUH is 'worth' more (but simultaneously, fragments, which are the actual value, are worth proportionately less)

e.g.

supply = 10000 fragments, you have 5000 fragments
divisor = 1000 fragments
public supply = 10 GUH, you have 5 GUH

network decides "number go up", divisor increases

divisor = 2000 fragments
public supply = 5 GUH, you have 2.5 GUH

since there's now less of it, 1 GUH is 'worth' more even though nothing actually changed

if nothing else, this probably makes trading it prone to hilarious shenanigans. the laff chain mints a new block.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
ok but how many bongs and/or shanons are present????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I wish crypto had more personalities like that.

keiser was on rt for years too.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

EorayMel posted:

ok but how many bongs and/or shanons are present????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

the smart contract address starts with 0x42069 so at least one

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/levie/status/1401293288942891009

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Censorship resistant :c00l:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

there was a giant graffiti picture of this guy over the urinals in a bar I used to go to before it got closed and turned into a generic gastro pub.

https://www.smore.com/zpr4-lucid-drawings

Edit : it made no sense then and now I know who it actually is it still doesn't

Updated link to one with an actual picture (scroll down if you care) actually that's also probably :nws: because I forgot about the topless cartoon woman they also had on the wall.

It never made any sense because I'm pretty sure the owner was an old dude that just liked running a bar and got talked into doing this whole "art" thing and ended up with a wildly incongruous set of stuff on his walls

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 6, 2021

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
what is wrong with people

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Put that on a blockchain, bitlosers!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zamujasa posted:

i looked into this in the gray thread (:suicide:)

amounts are measured internally by "fragments", which are then divided by the "guh cost". it works by just increasing the "guh cost" constantly, so that 1 GUH is 'worth' more (but simultaneously, fragments, which are the actual value, are worth proportionately less)

e.g.

divisor = 1000 fragments
public supply = 10 GUH, you have 5 GUH

network decides "number go up", divisor increases

divisor = 2000 fragments
public supply = 5 GUH, you have 2.5 GUH

since there's now less of it, 1 GUH is 'worth' more even though nothing actually changed

if nothing else, this probably makes trading it prone to hilarious shenanigans. the laff chain mints a new block.
"Guh" is very close to the noise I made when I read this. Is the full name "guh rolleyessmiley" because then it would be a perfect match.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
hmm.. maybe tweets should always quote as URLs

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Splicer posted:

"Guh" is very close to the noise I made when I read this. Is the full name "guh rolleyessmiley" because then it would be a perfect match.

"guh" is also the noise that one wallstreetbets idiot made when he bet number go down and number went up

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
pyramid schemes? more like wonders of the world :smug:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Azathoth posted:

wasn't it that in order to be effective, the tumbler needed to have orders of magnitude more coin than was being passed in, and everyone agreed that if a tumbler ever got that amount, whoever was running it would absolutely just run off with the balance?
tumblers don't work well for hiding poo poo because nobody actually uses bitcoin for anything. the overwhelming majority of "bitcoin transactions" are just twiddling numbers in exchanges' lovely mysql backends or whatever. people don't actually do anything with bitcoin by actually, you know, just using bitcoin. and even if they do they're not going to bother to use a tumbler to do it. so there's not a huge volume of legit traffic that's just routinely passing through tumblers that an illicit transaction can hide in.

so if you're trying to hide that you're moving coins from point a to point b, the fact that you spend a dozen transactions shuffling your feet between a and b doesn't really help hide anything. if there was way more volume and/or if there were way more places you could use as point b (like if you were just diffusing the coins into a bunch of random addresses and leaving them there, instead of having to get them to the small number of exchanges where you can use them to get cash/whatever out of the system) it might work. as it is it's fairly easy to spot because someone moving a bunch of coins like this is either a) a scammer/thief moving the proceeds of crime, b) a miner/exchange, or c) all of the above.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the other thing is that if 2, 7, and 10 buttcoins come in, go through the wash a few times, and then 1.9, 6.4, and 9.75 buttcoins go out, you can probably guess whose butts those were

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
what if 10 bitcoins go in and 4 and 4 and 2 come out? surely that will fool them

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1401339136410275844

https://twitter.com/y_stefanov/status/1401348250427441152

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beelzebufo posted:

This is from an ad on SA

im "burn $150,000"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jesus gently caress

quote:

El Salvador's President Nayib Bukele said on Saturday that he will send a bill to Congress next week to make bitcoin legal tender in the Central American nation, touting its potential to help Salvadorans living abroad send remittances home.

"In the short term this will generate jobs and help provide financial inclusion to thousands outside the formal economy," Bukele said in a video shown at the Bitcoin 2021 conference in Miami.

Strike, a mobile payments app that launched in El Salvador in March, said in a statement that it welcomed the legislation and was working with the country to make using bitcoin technology a success.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

finally cum is back on the menu

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shame Boy posted:

im "burn $150,000"

i'm whatever the gently caress that smilie is at the top