Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/noncefinance/status/1412148073493516292?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1412177485895245825?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

IM MINING HEEEEERE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Silent Hill, but instead of fog, it's steam from bitcoin mining and water cooling.

Or if it's the movie, instead of burning coal mines, it's burning bitcoin mines.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

the politics of Bitcoin is CC licensed and I got it off of libgen lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Silent Hill, but instead of fog, it's steam from bitcoin mining and water cooling.

Or if it's the movie, instead of burning coal mines, it's burning bitcoin mines.

pyramidschemehead

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

haha

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

Lol.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

if you get caught you are forced to sit through a five hour "presentation" about the next big thing in the crypto space and you've got a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to invest

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kw0134 posted:

if you get caught you are forced to sit through a five hour "presentation" about the next big thing in the crypto space and you've got a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to invest

2spooky

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Tr0llyTr0llFace/status/1412464793114513409

:bitcoin:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

FrozenVent posted:

nah they stopped doing that, now they have “motherships” that hang out in international waters and pick up the guards when you get out of the high risk area

this is hella late but do you have a source for this? this sounds Metal Gear as gently caress

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

LordSaturn posted:

this is hella late but do you have a source for this? this sounds Metal Gear as gently caress

here's a story about one of these ships sailing into Indian territorial waters and everyone on board getting arrested:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-24577190

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

LordSaturn posted:

I had two ships sail through the HRA this year and I had to make the arrangements? idk if that counts as a source

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

LordSaturn posted:

hopefully not

Japanese depictions of Indians are wildly gross even by J-media standards

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

they look like currencies to you?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/harrytipper235/status/1412535374308589570?s=21

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I love when people are just this close to figuring poo poo out but still refuse to actually get there

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
man xlol is getting run out of every thread they try and post in :xd:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
whoops, i read the leper's colon. that's a doxxin'

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
And so, Xtal finds himself leaping from thread to thread, striving to own the libs, and hoping each time that his next thread will be full of people that appreciate his giant brain.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Boxturret posted:

And so, Xtal finds himself leaping from thread to thread, striving to own the libs, and hoping each time that his next thread will be full of people that appreciate his giant brain.

you love to see it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i'm genuinely surprised that xtal hasn't violated his shitcoin threadbans

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zamujasa posted:

i'm genuinely surprised that xtal hasn't violated his shitcoin threadbans

Unless he posts here from an alt. Maybe... it's you!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If only xtal understood that bitcoin was a self organizing collective intelligence and thus could understand the most significant contribution to mankind since the neocortex of the mammalian brain :sigh:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

EorayMel posted:

If only xtal understood that bitcoin was a self organizing collective intelligence and thus could understand the most significant contribution to mankind since the neocortex of the mammalian brain :sigh:

Sounds like something a Biden voter would say to me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

someone in that cspam thread called xlol a biden voter:owned:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xtal moving thread to thread ready to tattle on people.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Hammerite posted:

Sounds like something a Biden voter would say to me

why would a Biden voter say that to you?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Xtal moving thread to thread ready to tattle on people.

holy doxxing batman, where are the mods on this one

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Paladinus posted:

Unless he posts here from an alt. Maybe... it's you!

im stupid, but im not that stupid.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

in the year 1999 lowtax "rick" kayak made the website somethingawful.com. despite having thousands of users over it's 2 decades of service, due to a bug in the software, account creation was never made available to anyone other than the site admin

TotallyNotSatoshi
Jul 8, 2021

Paladinus posted:

Alan Smithee posted:

pyramidschemehead

Zamujasa posted:

they look like currencies to you?
About that. The next beepboopbitcoin game has been in development off and on since...since about when the last one came out. Like the last one it involves a bunch of linked game engines. This time each of the game-things is a different kind of bitcoiner, although they're all (mostly) interacting with the same game environment(s). And one of them is a guy who loses his butts on gox:

And yeah. Antagonist is Pyramid Scheme...who is obviously the bitcoin guy...who is obviously just a guy in an ill-fitting bitcoin costume...in an ill-fitting pyramid costume. There's a point at which the player is talking to an NPC in town and says "There sure are a lot of digital currencies in this town," and the NPC replies "They look like currencies to you?"

I've cut out a shitload of content because of other poo poo that's been released during the long, half-assed development process. Like there was a bunch of Megaten/Persona-themed stuff and the Silent Hill stuff and those both reference Twin Peaks so there was some Twin Peaks stuff and then David Lynch decides now's the perfect time to release a new Twin Peaks. So a bunch of that got scrapped (although there's an NPC who's kinda like the Oracle in nethack, the Log Chart Lady, who's probably going to be in the final game just because I like the gag). There was a sequence involving Mark as a sort of Lupin the Third kind of thing, and then Persona 5 features Lupin...and then netflix does a whole Lupin series, so that got scrapped.

Sooooooooo. Basically I try to be pretty up front whenever I'm ripping something off and then here I am reading the forums and there's like a page of the game design bullet item by bullet item. Going by the commit dates on the assets, all that stuff got added no later than around 2017 (holy poo poo this thing is dragging on)...but none of that's public and I can't prove it. So I just reg'ed an account to ask an open question: kosher to leave that poo poo in, or would that be weird or wrong or whatever the gently caress? Thought about just scrapping it because holy poo poo I'm used to scrapping poo poo by this point but looking at it the emptygox role is linked to a bunch of other poo poo in ways that wouldn't be trivial to disentangle.

Oh and hi guys. Maybe a new game this year. Maybe. Hopefully. Maybe.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bitcoin is all about stealing others' poo poo, leave it in.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Leave that poo poo in. Yospos is a thousand monkeys touching computers, some of them are bound to make the same joke you have already made

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
keep it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

imagine the sort of wretched creature that would be mad that similar words to those that they wrote on a web forum appeared in a parody game